So, MUST remove my folder !!

On UK spec VEPR 12, the folder must be fixed in the open position.

Unfortunately I was unlucky ( or lucky ) in that mine folds ( a shipping mistake I guess )

So, to remain legal, I have to swap it. Or weld it.

If I have to mess about with it, I figure I might as well try to get what I really want which is preferably an AR STR stock or failing that a black polymer AK stock.

My question...................

How easy is it to get a RPK rear trunnion ?

My trunnion has three rivets whereas I see only 2 rivets on the VEPR 12 with fixed wooden stock ? 

Is it possible to get a three rivet RPK / Vepr 12 trunnion for fixed stock ?

The linked rear trunnion above will have a different hole pattern and need to be milled down to fit the narrower reciever channel on the Vepr (due to the receiver being thicker).

I would go with this.

http://www.russiansurplus.net/product_p/vepr-ar-adapter.htm

Then tack weld it open.

I think I have cracked it !!

Remove rear trunnion / folder unit.

Fit one of these http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/product_p/css-pignose.htm

Obviously I will need to drill rivet holes in the new trunnion but that should be easy enough.

And I am sure I can get a few dollars for my old trunnion and folder to help subsidise the project.

I just saw this:

LP47HT-2T.jpg

It's a replacement trunnion that accepts an buffer tube.

interesting.......

At $135.00 US plus shipping to the UK you might still be better off getting the one from rusmilitary.com and tack welding it in the closed position.

Suprised no one has offered to trade you.......

Not sur how many UK members are here and willing to trade for a gun they would need to work on.

Again, your best bet is a Molot AR adapter. By simply pushing out the hinge pin you will replace your current folder. Then tack weld the AR adapter open and you're gtg.

Suprised no one has offered to trade you.......

Not sur how many UK members are here and willing to trade for a gun they would need to work on.

Again, your best bet is a Molot AR adapter. By simply pushing out the hinge pin you will replace your current folder. Then tack weld the AR adapter open and you're gtg.

I just meant the stock. Most of the US versions are welded in open position and one of those guys would prob trade for a folder

Well, fixing the stock was easy enough - done it this morning. Just a matter of removing pistol grip, drifting out the pin for the latch, removing the latch.

The stock is now in the open position and cannot be folded without resorting to stripping and tools. This is considered permanent for our legislation.

I have saved the latch, pin and spring so if I ever do go with a different trunnion, I can reinstall the catch on the folder so I can sell it on etc

I must say I am seriously tempted by the IRON HAMMER unit. Am going to try to get measurements of where the holes are on it and see if it is anywhere near those on my Vepr. If it was a match for the holes, it would not look too bad and avoid having unsightly extra holes on the receiver.

I know I would have to trim it down slightly - anybody know the difference in width between AK and RPK trunnions ?

As an aside - while at Rusmilitary today, I had a look at his MOLOT RPK Polymer military folder stock and the folder kit like mine - very nice indeed. And a drop in replacement apparently with only one hole needed in receiver if I recall correctly. If you contact him, mention me ( Brian ) as it will earn me brownie points 027.gif

Edited by b_r