They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

If ye love wealth better than liberty,

the tranquility of servitude

better than the animating contest of freedom,

go home from us in peace.

We ask not your counsels or your arms.

Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.

May your chains set lightly upon you,

and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

http://juggernaut-graphics.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=27

Sam Adams.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Elliott Marston: [O'Flynn and Dobkin prepare Quigley for an old-fashioned duel] I seem to remember you're not too familiar with Colonel Colt's revolver, so this will be your first lesson. Don't worry.

I have many quotes that I like! Here are a few.     American Quotes-- "The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, th

None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me. -Rorschach, Watchmen

Posted Images

No, they won't see this coming...

-Malcom Reynolds-

Yeah, well what you plan and what actually happens ain't ever exactly been similar!

-Jayne Cobb-

Malcom and Jayne do have a way with words.  Now I gotta watch the whole series again.  And the movie.

I've always loved these quotes, and they're conveniently packaged together.

I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you done to Ned.

It's a helluva thing, killin' a man. You take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna have.

We all got it comin' kid.

Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.

You better bury Ned right; and don't go cuttin' up... nor otherwise harm no whores, or I'll come back and kill every one of you sons-a-bitches.

All right now, I'm comin' out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna kill him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife. All his friends. Burn his damn house down.

I suppose you know, Bob, if I ever see you again I'm just going to start shooting and figure it was self-defense.

Look son, being a good shot, being quick with a pistol, that don't do no harm, but it don't mean much next to being cool-headed.  A man who will keep his head and not get rattled under fire, like as not, he'll kill ya. It ain't so easy to shoot a man anyhow, especially if the son-of-a-bitch is shootin' back at you.

Alright Gentlemen. He's got one barrel left. And when he fires that, take out your pistols and shoot him down like the mangy scoundrel he is!

I don't deserve this...to die like this. I was building a house

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.

I'll see you in hell William Munny.

....Yeah...

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

"Goddamnit, I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd do any good!"

"The sheriff is near?"

"It's merely a flesh wound!"

And of course...

"AK-47.  When you absolutely positively have to kill every motherfucker in the room."

And one for Juggs.

"I'm the Juggernaught, Bitch!"

And for Wolfie.

"Fuck off!"

Edited by Darth Saigus

How can God reward a man greatly unless he was wounded him deeply.

I'm reminded of battered wife syndrome, by that quote.

Quoting W. Tozer reminds you of battered wife syndrome?

Apparently so. The whole wound them deeply, so you can reward them greatly ....connection.

• Like 1

I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you done to Ned.

It's a helluva thing, killin' a man. You take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna have.

Yeah, Unforgiven was full of great quotes. :up:

The Schofield Kid: That was the first one.

Will Munny: First one what?

The Schofield Kid: First one I ever killed.

Will Munny: Yeah?

The Schofield Kid: You know how I said I shot five men? It weren't true. That Mexican that come at me with a knife, I just busted his leg with a shovel. I didn't kill him or nothing, neither.

Will Munny: Well, you sure killed the hell outta that fella today.

Goodfellas was good too.

Tommy DeVito: [about Morrie's corpse] Hey Frank, let's chop him up.

Frankie Carbone: All right.

[starts to get out of the car]

Tommy DeVito: Where you going? Where you going, you dizzy motherfucker, you?

Frankie Carbone: To chop him up.

Tommy DeVito: At Charlie's, not here!

[Carbone mumbles to himself in Italian]

Tommy DeVito: Come on, what are you doing? Let's get the fuck outta here. I oughta let him

[Morrie's corpse]

Tommy DeVito: fucking drive. What are you waiting for?

Frankie Carbone: The car's cold.

Tommy DeVito: Get the fuck outta here! What fucking warm enough? Get outta here!

The Terminator: [impersonating John's voice] Hey Janelle, what's wrong with Wolfie? I can hear him barking. Is he all right?

T-1000 impersonating Janelle: Wolfie's fine, honey. Wolfie's just fine. Where are you?

The Terminator: [hangs up the phone] Your foster parents are dead. Let's go

Fabienne: Where's my Honda?

Butch: Sorry, baby, but I had to crash that Honda.

Tyler Durden: You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Tyler Durden: Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

Narrator: [while brutally beating Angel Face] I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species. I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see. I wanted to breathe smoke.

Tyler Durden: Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

I have many quotes that I like!

Here are a few.

American Quotes--

"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life."
Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), letter, 10 Jan. 1917

"Statistics in the hands of an liberal are like a lamp-post to a drunk - they're used more for support than illumination."
- Bill Sangster

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred right – a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world." -- Abraham Lincoln, 1848 

"We have four boxes used to guarantee our liberty: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box." -- Ambrose Bierce

"Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience." -- John Locke, 1690

"Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, 'Thank God I'm still alive.' But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again." --U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer

"Washington is a city of Southern efficiency and Northern charm."
John F. Kennedy

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." --Thomas Jefferson

"Going to war without France is like going duck hunting without your
accordion
." --Donald Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defense

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt
he proposes to pay off with your money
."
-- G. Gordon Liddy

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it
."
-- Ronald Reagan (1986)

"If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs
when it's free
.}
-- P.J. O'Rourke (1989)

If you want government to intervene domestically, you're a liberal. If you
want government to intervene overseas, you're a conservative.
If you want government to intervene everywhere, you're a moderate.
If you don't want government to intervene anywhere, you're an extremist
-- Joseph Sobran, Editor of the National Review at one time (1995)

The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at
one end and no responsibility at the other
-- Ronald Reagan

Latin Quotes--

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - Anything said in Latin sounds profound

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari? - How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Misc Quotes--
`
"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids
all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like
that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff." --Mariah Carey

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your
life
," --Brooke Shields, during an interview to become Spokesperson for federal
anti-smoking campaign.

"I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body," --Winston
Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward.

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in
the country
," --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC.

"I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the
president
." --Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents re: White Water.

"That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death by a jackass, and I'm
just the one to do it
," --A congressional candidate in Texas.

"I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them.
There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were
selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.
" --John Wayne

"Half this game is ninety percent mental." --Philadelphia Phillies manager,
Danny Ozark

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in
our air and water that are doing it
." --Al Gore, Vice President

"I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix." --Dan Quayle

" It's no exaggeration to say that the undecided could go one way or
another
" --George Bush, US President

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?" --Lee
Iacocca

"I was provided with additional input that was radically different from the
truth. I assisted in furthering that version.
" --Colonel Oliver North, from
his Iran-Contra testimony.

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like
Norman Einstein
." --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

"We don't necessarily discriminate. We simply exclude certain types of
people
." --Colonel Gerald Wellman, ROTC Instructor.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." --Bill Clinton, President

"We are ready for an unforeseen event that may or may not occur." --Al Gore,
VP

"Traditionally, most of Australia's imports come from overseas." --Keppel
Enderbery

"Your food stamps will be stopped effective March 1992 because we received
notice that you passed away. May God bless you. You may reapply if there is a
change in your circumstances
." --Department of Social Services, Greenville,
South Carolina

"If somebody has a bad heart, they can plug this jack in at night as they
go to bed and it will monitor their heart throughout the night.  And the
next morning, when they wake up dead, there'll be a record.
" --Mark S.
Fowler, FCC Chairman

Yogi Berra Quotes--

"The future ain't what is used to be."

"The only color I don't have is navy brown."

"This is like deja vu all over again."

"You can observe a lot just by watching."

"He must have made that before he died." -- Referring to a Steve McQueen movie.

"I want to thank you for making this day necessary." -- On Yogi Berra Appreciation Day in St. Louis in 1947.

"I'd find the fellow who lost it, and, if he was poor, I'd return it." -- When asked what he would do if he found a million dollars.

"Think! How the hell are you gonna think and hit at the same time?"

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."

"I knew I was going to take the wrong train, so I left early."

"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else."

"If you can't imitate him, don't copy him."

"You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."

"Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical."

"It was impossible to get a conversation going; everybody was talking too much."

"Slump? I ain't in no slump. I just ain't hitting."

"A nickel isn't worth a dime today."

"Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded."

"It gets late early out there." -- Referring to the bad sun conditions in left field at Yankee stadium.

"Glen Cove." -- Referring to Glenn Close on a movie review television show.

Once, Yogi's wife Carmen asked, "Yogi, you are from St. Louis, we live in New Jersey, and you played ball in New York. If you go before I do, where would you like me to have you buried?" Yogi replied, "Surprise me."

"Do you mean now?" -- When asked for the time.

"I take a two hour nap, from one o'clock to four."

"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."

"You give 100 percent in the first half of the game, and if that isn't enough in the second half you give what's left."

"90% of the putts that are short don't go in."

"I made a wrong mistake."

"Texas has a lot of electrical votes." -- During an election campaign, after George Bush stated that Texas was important to the election.

"Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." -- After being told he looked cool.

"I always thought that record would stand until it was broken."

"Yeah, but we're making great time!" -- In reply to "Hey Yogi, I think we're lost."

"If the fans don't come out to the ball park, you can't stop them."

"Why buy good luggage? You only use it when you travel."

"It's never happened in the World Series competition, and it still hasn't."

"How long have you known me, Jack? And you still don't know how to spell my name." -- Upon receiving a check from Jack Buck made out to "bearer."

"I'd say he's done more than that." -- When asked if first baseman Don Mattingly had exceeded expectations for the current season.

"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."

"He can run anytime he wants. I'm giving him the red light." -- On the acquisition of fleet Ricky Henderson.

"I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat, and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?"

"It ain't the heat; it's the humility."

"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours."

"I didn't really say everything I said."

...And my personal favorite!

"The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase." - After staying at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel

Macbeau sends...

Edited by macbeau
  • Like 3

"Did your parents have any children that lived? You are so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece"

AND

".... How can you shoot women and children? Easy, you just dont lead them as far... HAHAHA, aint war hell!!!....."

Both from Full metal jacket.

Samuel L. Jackson line from Pulp Fuction, as he is a out to shoot a guy-

"The path of the righteous man os forset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and tyrrany of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of the lord, sheperds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he os teuly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost childer, and i will strike down upon thee with great vengence and furios anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brother, and you will know my name is the lord when i lay my vengence upon thee" then a guy busts out of the bathroom shooting at him and john travolta.

Some of my favorite movie quotes...

"Never get out of the boat." Absolutely goddamn right! Unless you were goin' all the way... Kurtz got off the boat. He split from the whole fuckin' program. - Apocalypse Now

"No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter." - A Clockwork Orange

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die." - Blade Runner

• Like 1

I say we drink the wine, eat the dogs, and use the paper for musket wading.

John Billings

Eat the dogs?

Ay! Dog is a fine meal!

I like the "Aim small - miss small" reference too.

Edited by macbeau
  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...

In honor of Halloween...  Zombie Thread!  electric_shock.gif

January 27, 1838
   At what point shall we expect the approach of danger? By what means shall we fortify against it? Shall we expect some transatlantic military giant to step the ocean and crush us at a blow? Never! All the armies of Europe, Asia, and Africa combined, with all the treasure of the earth in their military chests; with a Bonaparte for a commander, could not by force take a drink from the Ohio, or make a track on the Blue Ridge, in the trial of a thousand years.
   At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we ourselves must be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide.

Abraham Lincoln