Am I missing something ?

Had a look at an online at a Russian retailer selling various shooting kit.

They have a Molot Vepr 12 AR adaptor listed at 2500 roubles. That is $76

Reasonable enough.

E-mailed them and they offered it to me for $130 plus $70 for shipping ( which takes 3 weeks, but more about that later )

I have e-mailed back asking why the price almost doubles for overseas customers and pointing out that the Post Office charges $30 to post airmail to Russia.

It looks like they have simply DOUBLED the cost of the item and doubled the shipping.

Oh, and 3 weeks ? Sounds like surface mail ?

As to postage cost - an ebay seller in Russia sent me a POSP scope for only $30 so I know what postage costs there !!

What retailer?

Its Shooter shop ru

Price was 3500 roubles - reduced to 2500.

Unless you are a gullible foreigner it appears.............then you can pay 5000 and get bent over for the shipping too.

I very recently ordered some items from Shooters Shop.ru myself.

They did not upcharge me on the parts, I paid what was shown on their website.

They did charge me $70 for shipping, but that was for express air mail and the parts went from Moscow to my front door (Midwest USA) in 4 days.  Gotta be some kind of speed record.

Overall, very pleased with my experience with Shooters Shop.  Maxim Larin was very helpful with getting my order processed and shipped out.

Edited by Liquidmetal

Well that is even better! Funny how the UK laws can be so restrictive that you are not allowed to have an operational folding stock, but are lax enough to make it so easy (and reversible if need be) to remedy.

Well, yes and no I guess.

They apply a LITTLE bit of common sense.

Yes, I have a latch in a palastic bag in the drawer. I could spend a few minutes with a hammer and punch, drift out the hinge pin and re install the latch etc but according to out legislation it needs to be EASILY convertible BY HAND with no tools in order to contravene. Having the correct parts does not contravene.

Kind of like having a shotgun and hacksaw - one has the means to make a sawn off shotgun but just having the means is not a crime. 

Magpul makes thicker pads for that stock. So does limbsaver. The limbsaver pad will work better and look much cleaner.

I know - I use one on my AR with STR stock.

What I like about these is the size - they REALLY spread the weight - totally transforms recoil and feel - try one !!

Well that is even better! Funny how the UK laws can be so restrictive that you are not allowed to have an operational folding stock, but are lax enough to make it so easy (and reversible if need be) to remedy.

Well, yes and no I guess.

They apply a LITTLE bit of common sense.

Yes, I have a latch in a palastic bag in the drawer. I could spend a few minutes with a hammer and punch, drift out the hinge pin and re install the latch etc but according to out legislation it needs to be EASILY convertible BY HAND with no tools in order to contravene. Having the correct parts does not contravene.

Kind of like having a shotgun and hacksaw - one has the means to make a sawn off shotgun but just having the means is not a crime. 

Magpul makes thicker pads for that stock. So does limbsaver. The limbsaver pad will work better and look much cleaner.

I know - I use one on my AR with STR stock.

What I like about these is the size - they REALLY spread the weight - totally transforms recoil and feel - try one !!

I have. That's why I have kickeez pads on anything I can. I do agree about greater surface area though.