:smoke: I am wondering how to convert a standard 8rd 308 mag to 10 rounds. I heard people say that you can convert a 8rd to 10 rds. I don't know how this can be. If I take the spacer at the bottom I can only put 9 rounds in. So If I am just nuts and stupid, let me know. :unsure:
  • 3 weeks later...
:smoke: I am wondering how to convert a standard 8rd 308 mag to 10 rounds. I heard people say that you can convert a 8rd to 10 rds. I don't know how this can be. If I take the spacer at the bottom I can only put 9 rounds in. So If I am just nuts and stupid, let me know. :unsure:

I just trimmed the follower (make sure you leave enough of the side guides that fit in the grooves of the mag) and the spacer until ten will fit.

I just trimmed the follower (make sure you leave enough of the side guides that fit in the grooves of the mag) and the spacer until ten will fit.

Some mags need a link cut out of the spring to feed without binding on the bolt.( when fully loaded to 10 rds)

Thanks for the info. I never-ever never thought about trimming the follower. I will have to give this a shot. I will have to fire up the ol hack saw and then touch up with my bench grinder.

To remove the base plate its like most mags, you depress the spring retainer(little square in the middle of the mag) and that lets you slide out the base plate, be careful as the things will fly apart when you get the base plate off, then just trim carefully and reassemble.