AA's Origin-12 is my guess. But at "Retail Price will be $2,600.00." I will definitely pass. And that is for a totally unknown and untested platform that just looks "cool" and does not offer much of anything other than some modularity while at the same time making it absolutely proprietary .

The only advantage to this certainly isn't going to be price.

Russia has been bitching for years about Romania, Bulgaria, China etc. using their dirt-cheap labor to produce AKs so cheap that Russia can't compete in the international market. Labor costs will only be higher here - and substantially so. The advantage to consumers here will be our ability to obtain these high-quality firearms with a much milder neutering treatment. Sure, we don't get the happy switch - but if it's US-made, we can still get our folding stocks, bayonet lugs, threaded barrels and such. It'd be a real treat if they manufacture factory 8-round S-12 mags here. I think the market would easily support $40-50 a pop, since folks have paid as much as $150 as a normal price, in the past. I wonder if they intend to manufacture 100% in the US, or if they will still import some of the more labor-intensive parts.

• Like 1

The US units would be too tight and would probably jam. The "Vodka tolerance" on the parts is what makes them sing.

This kind of statement is why people should learn the difference between "tolerance" and "interference" Precicely loose is good. imprecise is not so good.

• Like 1