Months ago, I showed my wife a photo of a beautiful A. N. Harley on the local Craigslist. I'm picky about the design of things and it just looked beautiful. She laughed at me and said we couldn't afford it with the kids and all. I totally forgot about it.

A few months later and on my birthday, she packs my garage with my friends and this nice old 87 fxr. I came home after a long day of work and was happy to see the kids. She had me get some soda out of the garage and BOOM!

Surprise!

post-24315-0-70732500-1384198643_thumb.jpg

Think I will keep the old lady around for a little while longer!

• Like 9

Is that one of them bowling ball Harleys?

Nope. That was 67-81. I had a 69 xlch and it was a fun bike. Nothing all that bad about some of the AMF bikes.

She is defiantly a keeper! I too have an XLCH 1973(my first Harley), it is sitting on my motorcycle hoist awaiting a customization(rigid frame), in the mean time I ride a 1998 Electragide around the states and love it! The AMF years had some issues, but were still fine bikes!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the nice comments, I do believe she has me by the balls! I don't think I'll be putting a new seat on as she doesn't want a ride on it anyway. Not sure if I will ever be able to top her on gifts. This was unexpected and amazing! It's going to be a long, lo g winter!