Vepr 12 Slamfired?

first few post?  there is only one post in this entire thread that would qualify calling the OP a liar, and   that  was the one with the smith video.  the other 2 above it one asked for pictures, and the other asked what kind of ammo he used, that is hardly calling the OP a liar.  lets try not to see things that aren't there, shall we. smile.png

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

I looked around and saw some saying it was WPA that imported the Veprs. (Wolf Performance Arms) Mine has TGI, Knox TN stamped on it (Tennessee Guns International)

Is Mach 1 Arsenal just a distributor?  And there is also Legion... and AQUILA ARMS LLC...

first few post?  there is only one post in this entire thread that would qualify calling the OP a liar, and   that  was the one with the smith video.  the other 2 above it one asked for pictures, and the other asked what kind of ammo he used, that is hardly calling the OP a liar.  lets try not to see things that aren't there, shall we. smile.png

Ok. You are correct. Some were helpful. However, the overall tone of several was incredulity.

The more interesting question is how this got bent or gunked up, and whether that is something that the rest of us need to worry about.

Pretty sure TGI is Wolf Performance Arms, at least all the WPA Vepr-12s were marked TGI as I recall. If that's the case WPA is the importer, SGM distributor. 

I would start working my way towards contacting them. I think it's a no brainer if I am them. The value of understanding what went wrong, getting the firearm out of the public's hands, and the PR of addressing for you is huge. 10x the value of the firearm. 

I know that WPA and SGM were reading the forums in the past. 

• Like 1

That is definitely true in my book. It is FAR more important and valuable to publicly address and take care of a problem that has been brought forth on an internet forum, than any small loss a biz might take refunding or exchanging one product, whether it be a part or a whole gun. That's just basic good customer service. This looks to me like an obvious malfunction of some type and I'm still trying to wrap my head around why it happened. It should definitely be looked at by a gunsmith and studied to try and determine the cause. Sometimes they just eat themselves because of a small problem with the milling of the parts. I have seen something similar to this first hand with a Saiga B&C sent to us for work, with less than 200 rds fired through it. RAAC took care of it as soon as I contacted Tom, then Clyde.

Ok so i took the bolt apart and the pin is bent... and i think the bolt is too... I think i need a whole new bolt. Does anyone know who to get ahold of to get one also the phone number if you have it... I called wpa and TGI, mach something ... they all don't know. Im lost! Are these the same as saiga 12 bolts?

I believe R&R is currently having S12 bolts manufactured. You might inquire with them about compatibility.

Perhaps a gunsmith could heat your bolt, straighten it and re-temper it too.

• Like 1

Im just curious as to how it got bent. Did it cycle fine by hand prior to you firing it for the first time without getting hung up? I wonder if a bad heat treatment of the bolt allowed it to bend somehow under operation. Im curious to see how the carrier looks as well.

Either way call the importer and deal with them prior to taking it to a smith, like others have stated.

+1. I was thinking heat treat at factory. 

I doubt even if someone dropped the bolt carrier on a cement floor that there would be enough mass to bend the bolt like that. Maybe? If I'm looking at the assembly correctly, that side would be down in an assembled carrier group with the bolt head retracted to the bend point, so if dropped the bend could be in that direction. Or am I looking backwards?

• Like 1

This piece seems to be bent ? What is this? I dont think the bolt is bent I think it naturaly has that angle...but idk? I need help importer tgi says they no longer have smiths....

Vepr-12%2520VPO-205%2520Bolt%2520Diagram

If your firing pin was bent to begin with, it will most likely become stuck and cause a slam fire. Simply replace your firing pin. Please contact and inquire with Molot USA Customer Service.

Edited by DresNightfire

I looked around and saw some saying it was WPA that imported the Veprs. (Wolf Performance Arms) Mine has TGI, Knox TN stamped on it (Tennessee Guns International)

Is Mach 1 Arsenal just a distributor?  And there is also Legion... and AQUILA ARMS LLC...

As I know Legion and Aquila are the same thing. Legion sells what's imported by Aquila. Might be wrong though.