Vepr 308 V-02 on sale again, $599 @ centerfire

That is a good deal but I do not like those integrated sights, according to Atlantic Firearms they are not going to be bringing more of those integrated sight models in.

They're perfect if you intend to build an SBR - otherwise they're just a silly waste of sight radius.

They're perfect if you intend to build an SBR - otherwise they're just a silly waste of sight radius.

I suppose you will say the same about a FAL as well......? horror.gif

That is a good deal but I do not like those integrated sights, according to Atlantic Firearms they are not going to be bringing more of those integrated sight models in.

Does that mean instant collectability on these V02's? greedy.gif

Edited by guncats

The integrated GB/FSB on the FAL is much closer to the muzzle, and the firearm has a longer barrel - the effective sight radius on an FAL is substantially better than on an AK with integrated sights.

The integrated GB/FSB on the FAL is much closer to the muzzle, and the firearm has a longer barrel - the effective sight radius on an FAL is substantially better than on an AK with integrated sights.

Not to mention the rear sight is at the ass end of the receiver, instead of over the breech..

• 2 weeks later...

I actually have grown to accept the V02 sights on my VEPR .308.  It's realist for modern rifle enthusiasts.  100 to 300 meters (Or yards if you fine tune it I guess.) for open sights is about right.  Most people will want to put it under some kind of optics for further distances to squeeze some more accuracy out of it.

Yeah the rear sight (on my FAL) is on the absolute rear of the receiver but it also is a peep sight which also helps.  And my FAL has a 21 inch barrel.  My VEPR .308 has a 20 inch barrel.  Not losing much muzzle velocity there.  In a complete compairison your USGI style M14 has a 22 inch barrel.

Edited by ShadowFire
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like I never shared the arrival...

Nice stock, eh?

4c1723b9-dc05-4d1e-b369-611e041cae92_zps

Hope to get it out this weekend if it's not too cold. After, looking forward to customizing...

bought one of these also but in 5.45. took it out of the box looked down the bbl put my hand on the upper forearm with a little authority....and it cracked completely in two laugh.png!!  knowing you have to replace these when buying them but they are "out the door stocks".

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't want to get one of these. They were rush-production from Russia during the panic. They cut massive corners on the stocks and did square back receivers which means the stocks, even if undamaged, will break. I'm pretty sure other corners were cut, too, so they'll probably be significantly less accurate than a typical VEPR .308. If I got one, I'd figure I was getting no better than a WASR.

Fit finish and quality on mine seems good

You don't think they did this to legally import the gun?

If they throw on junker stocks that could not be properly finished, they sell the gun for a discount knowing we are going to pull the stocks off and put standard ak furniture on it.

I think these were assembled specifically to be imported and converted.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

And today:

82BB4CE3-4D3B-4B89-8DB3-262D1D95DE19_zps

Actually rather frickin' accurate at 50 and 100 yrds once we got the scope on. I'll try and post up some target pics once my son finally sends them to me.