I remember reading a few posts by a filipino member.......just wondering how / if you made it through the storm alright?

Also wondering if you might need anything,I dont have much but I am sure me and my wife could scrape together a "care" package.

Our thoughts are with you guys ,hope this thread finds you well.

me 

I think rastamanilla said they are from there, but in Florida..... IIRC. Anyway, prayers sent for the families that may be involved. I work with guys who's wives' families are there and haven't heard anything yet.sad.png

Edited by Yeoldetool

Rastamanila must be OK I did a search under members and he was last active today at 9:30AM. As was posted above he maybe in FL. If he is lucky for him and those with him but it has to suck not knowing about family members and his gun collection back home. It could be either washed away or maybe looted either was it would make my heart sink into my stomach.

Thanks For The Concern Brothers!

My family and I are OK.

I'm really only able to reply now as I've been swamped at work as I am the Night Editor for the largest newspaper here. Typhoon Yolanda sidestepped Manila. Had it been otherwise; it would have been a bad fucking train wreck. In any case, our concern right now goes out to our brethren in the Visayas.

I just wanna mention here that all the help the US Navy and Marines HAVE SENT and IS SENDING is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

On behalf of my countrymen; THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

-rastamanila

Edited by rastamanila
  • Like 6

Thanks For The Concern Brothers!

My family and I are OK.

I'm really only able to reply now as I've been swamped at work as I am the Night Editor for the largest newspaper here. Typhoon Yolanda sidestepped Manila. Had it been otherwise; it would have been a bad fucking train wreck. In any case, our concern right now goes out to our brethren in the Visayas.

I just wanna mention here that all the help the US Navy and Marines HAVE SENT and IS SENDING is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

On behalf of my countrymen; THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

-rastamanila

Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your countrymen. Glad you personally are ok....

Thanks for the concern Razorback! We're all OK in Manila as the Typhoon was well South of us (although we did get the edges of it). Had it hit us; it would gave been a bad fucking train wreck. Our concerns right now go out to our brethren in the Visayas and the all the help the US Navy and Marines have sent and are sending are MOST APPRECIATED!!!

-rastamanila

Our prayers are going out to all effected! I hope the food water medicine and shelter will be enough and soon enough.

Razorback

Just wanna thank all the Brethren here for all the Love and Prayers.

Aid is coming in.

Thank You US Navy and Marines...

Thank You and God Bless America....

The Filipinos Will NOT forget your kindness and generosity...As always, will will stand with you.

-rastamanila

Hi Juggs!

I will post a RELIABLE link here later, once I am 100% sure. But you need not look far at all; I'm sure our affiliate The American Red Cross will have something, as well as The World Food Programme. I'm also certain The Salvation Army will be involved because they're always around here.

-rastamanila

• Like 1

Rastamanila, I am glad you and your family are safe and well.  My wife's family lives about 2 clicks out of Tanauan, and as you can imagine, all hell broke loose there.  The McAurthor park is a hop, skip and a jump from their house.  We lost contact with them for over a week.  The good news is that theirs and only one other house survived in the province.  I built that house for them last year....if not they probably wouldn't be here now.  The women and children finally made it to the airport and out to Manila, to live with her Sister, the men stayed back and are taking care of the farm and caribou.  Her brother, which is tough as nails, broke down on the phone the other night.  He is a security guard at a business just outside of Tacolaban, on the west side of the city.  He was forced to stay during the Typhoon, and survived it.  He had to walk home the next day (don't know how many hours it took him) but he said everyone he walked there were body's laying everywhere.  I know he has some issues right now, that I hope in time will pass.  My heart goes out the the Filipino People right now.  We are lucky that her family is still here.  There are so many that are not. 

• Like 1
Hi sjgusmc21

Tanauan was a Horror Story. Many people I know lost everything except their family members. However; you can imagine that few are that lucky. The situation is simply catastrophic. My government really needs to get its shit together and start helping everybody affected. We citizens are doing all we can.

-rastamanila