$20 + $12 shipping from RTGParts.

This is a Bulgarian Kit that I've been working on (drilling and pinning the new barrel and keeping headspace was a PITA.)

I'm not normally a fan of polymer but, I wanted something different on this one.

My wife says I play "Barbie Dress-up" with my guns.

I have no idea who made it or it's country of origin.

It's very similar in design to the ones I've seen on the VZ-58.

post-38865-0-93058300-1384577350_thumb.jpg

post-38865-0-76064200-1384577414_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sim_Player

Thanks for the info. You may be correct. Couldn't find any pics online until I searched "SSR-85".

I never liked the looks of the ATI Skeleton Stock, esp. @$80.

I have wood on one gun, a Polish Side-folder on another, and now this. If I like it, I'll leave it on.

Just wanted to pass along what I think is a good deal.

Edited by Sim_Player

When drilling a new barrel,use a 4 fluke endmill instead of a drill bit. Feed SLOW and it will not walk.

Thanks for the advice.

I've been using a cordless drill with a wobbly chuck and have been drilling everything undersized to start.

It doubled the build time.

I modified the angle of my "jobber" drill bit to resemble a end mill (much flatter angle). It cut through surprisingly fast.

The problem I had was the grease that was still present from the original barrel installation. The barrel still moved with force. The Lithium grease was now my enemy!

To fix this, I heated the barrel/receiver joint and then degreased.

I drilled the barrel pin hole oversized at .300 and installed a custom pin that measured .305. That sucker is not gonna move!

I checked the headspace against 20 rnds of the milsurp 5.45 that I plan to shoot and 99% were tight and the bolt closed perfect. The 1% were loose but the bolt closed. Added 2-3 thousandths tape and it wouldn't lock up.

Finished drilling and pinning the GB and RSB yesterday, painted and baked in the oven for 4 hours today. Paint is very hard.

4th painting and sanding and the receiver looks almost mint! It's even hard to find the welds.

I'm surprised how well all of the parts fit together. The Saiga receiver cover fits perfect (the original ribbed was crap) and my lower handguard lever almost opens with a fingernail (handguard was fitted for my Saiga, not this gun).

It's ready to be sighted in at the range!

Edited by Sim_Player