What is the most expensive single thing you ever bought in whole.

A stay in the ER from 1:30 PM until about 7:30 with transport. Ins only covered the first $10K, so I've still got the rest to pay. I'm really looking forward to paying them. No sarcasm there at all. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife.....still adding up the cost..........

House full of furniture for my first wife in 1998.  $8,000 cash from a company bonus.  ($11,500 inflation adjusted to 2013)   And then she had a fit when I bought a $750 rifle.  Naturally I pointed

No bragging here. Been living a happy life. Raised two good kids I'm proud of.

Never had to (or felt the need to drop more than $3000 cash). That was on the kids cars.

House, cars, health, and furniture were all on credit (soon to be rectified). No more of that shit.

SAM1AStandardLeft_zps755a4b95.jpg

Oh man!  That makes me salivate!

Me too, and I can't leave well enough alone, parts & pieces galore are already in transit.

Slings, vented upper hand guard, bolt kits, mags and I'm looking at a beater stock for it, to hunt with and abuse at the range.

Go

Oh man! That makes me salivate!

Me too, and I can't leave well enough alone, parts & pieces galore are already in transit.

Slings, vented upper hand guard, bolt kits, mags and I'm looking at a beater stock for it, to hunt with and abuse at the range.

Gotta have a project. :)

Guns are the best!

Ever try to defend your property with a butterfly collection?

Hey Chile, go trim that damn ivy! Evil plant.

Edited by Sim_Player

Paid cash for the Jeep I have been driving for the last 13 years.  New, direct factory order exactly how I wanted it.  Or at least as close to how I wanted it, as they would build.  It's a lot closer now.  Barring collisions, I will probably be driving it 13 years from now.  I wrote a check once for more than that, for a new F-250, but it was company money; my dad sent me to buy one for the business.  We'd about ran that truck into the ground by the time I sold out my share of the company.  I hate car payments; we had one for my wife's rig, but paid it off early.  Still driving the truck my folks bought new in '73, and paid off in '76.  Did I mention that I hate car payments?

I'll limit my response to firearms.  $1411.08 for my new M1A.

Post a pic.  

I held this exact gun at the show today.  Heavy sumbitch.  Very nice gun.  Congrats!

Yeah.... A friend of mine has a SOCOM. What a beast!

My ex wife's welfare benefits.. Apparently, back in the early 90's... Michigan didn't recognize the Military dependent allotment she was getting off the top of my check as "income".

the state "sued" me for every penny she got outta them.. back then about 19K a year...

Oh man!  That makes me salivate!

You've motivated me. Going to start shopping this week.

• Like 1

first home nz$32750 check @19 years old-worked for every cent of it.

it was a dump but it is also probably the best $ i ever spent

living in a country with full universal healh care,and having just had a heart op 6 weeks ago the storys of medical bills are down right scary!

biggest gun purchase was my first ar15 nz$3500,then our laws changed and it became worth $1600!

A couple grand on a car? I prefer to finance, it costs less over time if you know how to manage your money.

Yeah, $10k on the house, but it never left the account so dunno if that counts. I needed the money, showed up at closing with it, then they cut ME a check because of some cash back deal they were running.

$20K cash for an independent Honda bike shop in LA in the mid 70's, had an "Under New Management Sale" blew off the Honda stock recouped most of my cash outlay, closed the doors for 2 weeks and had a Grand Reopening as an independent  Harley shop

Good business decision. You make alot more, alot more often, repairing Harleys than Hondas.

• Like 1