Noob ... Where are the Saiga 39s?

Gad ... still hopin' for a Black Friday deal ... even free shipping.  It's starting to look like I'll have to drop $600 (rifle, shipping, FFL fees) before I can even start to make a mod.  sigh .....

While I think Saigas are only worth $350 or so, they still beat any other $600 AK you could get. At least IMO.

Gad ... still hopin' for a Black Friday deal ... even free shipping.  It's starting to look like I'll have to drop $600 (rifle, shipping, FFL fees) before I can even start to make a mod.  sigh .....

While I think Saigas are only worth $350 or so, they still beat any other $600 AK you could get. At least IMO.

Veprs? 

A couple of hundred bucks here and there wont make much difference down the road. 

Ammo is where you end up spending the real money and x39 is still fairly well priced if the selection a bit limited.

At this point seems to make more sense getting a "pre-converted" x39, doesn't Atlantic still offer those?

Veprs? 

Haven't seen any VEPR's in my area even close to $600. If it's available at the same price, then definitely, go for it.

grabagun.....looks like 2 left

Didn't see this until 2:00 am this morning, put the last one in my cart, filled out the FFL email ... then started looking at VEPR's ... you know ... just in case.  Then my internet connection (satellite) totally crapped out and I could not get reconnected.  Finally got back to my cart this evening ... and the last one was gone.  DOH!

Well, I was finally able to find one in stock (http://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24_29_30_31&products_id=8874)  at Lanbo's Armory.  Price wasn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but I pulled the trigger anyway.

Now I'll have to look into the options for "conversions" ....  YEAH!

Not a bad price at all for 2013.

Yeah, I was relatively pleased.  Gonna have to find a source for 10-round mags now since Colorado doesn't allow anything over 15-rounds.  Dumb-A$$'s.  

Guess if I lived in CO I would just have to be a criminal.

May as well come to terms with that eventuality folks.

15rds?

That aint too bad in a 308 but pretty well bites for smaller rounds. 

So I can "own" and "use" 30-rnd magazines that I got before the law.  Retailers just can't sell to Colorado residents. Sherrifs have stated that there is no way to enforce such a law. Gotta love the progressive agenda !!!

"Although the sale of high-capacity clips became illegal on Monday, the law is not retroactive and older magazines can still be used if they’ve been already been purchased."

"Grandfather Clause. A person may possess a large-capacity magazine if he or she (1) owns the magazine on July 1, 2013 and (2) maintains continuous possession of the magazine. If a person asserts the grandfather provision as a defense against an alleged violation of the law, the prosecution has the burden of proof to refute the assertion."

So I can "own" and "use" 30-rnd magazines that I got before the law.  Retailers just can't sell to Colorado residents. Sherrifs have stated that there is no way to enforce such a law. Gotta love the progressive agenda !!!

"Although the sale of high-capacity clips became illegal on Monday, the law is not retroactive and older magazines can still be used if they’ve been already been purchased."

"Grandfather Clause. A person may possess a large-capacity magazine if he or she (1) owns the magazine on July 1, 2013 and (2) maintains continuous possession of the magazine. If a person asserts the grandfather provision as a defense against an alleged violation of the law, the prosecution has the burden of proof to refute the assertion."

WEll there's two ways this can go. Lazy/asshole cops will claim every magazine is illegal and then it's up to you to prove it isn't. By the time you spend all the money and time to prove it you'll have put in more effort and money then the average person.

On the other side they can roughly approximate the date of manufacture through manufacturer marks on the magazine itself. Other then that they can't prove you didn't buy it when it was first made or yesterday.