Scope mount question

What optic in particular? There are a ton of options these days.

For a scope, the Midwest Industries side mounts are about the best I've seen. They make one with a rail, and another that has two 30mm rings (can use spacers for 1" scopes). They sit low, give you a reasonable cheek weld, and are QD.

If you want to mount a dot, then there are a lot of other options. Handguard, gas tube, front trunion, and side mounts all exist, for many different types of dots from many different manufacturers. Knowing the dot or position you want to mount it would help in pointing you the right direction..

• Like 1

The lowest you're gonna get is with RS Products 300 series side mount, unless you go with a front "scout mount", like an ultimak.

How low do you need It? There are a bunch of options available.

AKARS is one option that replaces the dust cover with one that is hinged and has a rail on it. Just add your picatinny mount for the specific holo and optic to it.

I have a Texas Weapons System dust cover on my rifle. It's not a side mount, and it sits optics low as possible. If you got the money you could buy their front grip and turn your AK/Saiga into a flatop rifle, similar to an AR. This allows you to use flip up sights, as well as the ability to cowitness a red dot sight with your iron sights.

I always hear good stuff about Midwest Industries but haven't tried any of their products.