Sign in to follow this  
Tim808

Pap M85pv 5.56 mags

If you don't want to spend a bunch of time test fitting and possibly adding weld to build up the rear tabs these mags are not for you.

Saiga 223s have a lot of variation. In my case I only had to remove some material from the feed lips and the front of the mag to clear the bullet guide. I didn't have to do anything to the rear tabs. The mags sit a little low in the rear but seem to feed consistently.

These mags are inferior to German Weigers but still very good.

I recommend getting a dremel instead of files. The work will go much faster that way.

• Like 1

I like the file method. I can get everything more precise and I get a free workout. Having an excellent set of files definitely helps.

I have ten more M85 mags being delivered today. That should keep me busy for a while. I got a few ((10)) mags also but fitting them is too easy.

BTW. Only one of these mags sits so low it wouldn't function, the other three feed just fine with the factory rear tab even though they sit a little to low. At this point I decided to add weld to every rear lug because I want them to sit perfect. Three would be fine how they are though if I was going for "good enough".

• Like 1

Update.

I finished adding weld to 12 out of 14 of my m85 mags and they are finally done. They sit as good or better than my circle 10s and they fit significantly more solid (maybe too solid?) when locked in. Im going to test fire 6-9 fully loaded mags this weekend. I have several pictures of a modified mag next to a factory mag but I can't post them untill tomorrow.

• Like 1

I got all mine from grabagun. Thats strange mine were $11 something a piece after shipping. You could always call and ask, no idea what their customer service is like though.