Bullet guide in backwards

I had one last step to complete my Saiga and was to put in the " bullet guide". I took it to a local builder, who comes highly recomended. I got home and started to compare his work to other pics and I noticed it's in backwards.... Fail.. The lip that sticks out is in the mag well, question how can we/I fix it ?

1) larger hole? retap it?

2) Or should I just shave off the lip down and try to get it to work..

CAM002831_zpsd29a2fed.jpg

Edited by EMT760

If it's screwed in, try flipping it around and see how it lines up. Or...If you aren't satisfied with his work, make him fix it.

A little bit of over hang into the magwell will not hurt. Insert an empty mag and see how far it protrudes.  

Disassemble your bolt, remove the firing pin, reassemble the bolt and cycle some rounds through it. How does it work?

If it's screwed in, try flipping it around and see how it lines up. Or...If you aren't satisfied with his work, make him fix it.

A little bit of over hang into the magwell will not hurt. Insert an empty mag and see how far it protrudes.  

Disassemble your bolt, remove the firing pin, reassemble the bolt and cycle some rounds through it. How does it work?

We'll Saiga mags or AK's dont fit. I haven't shaved down the mag release as what's needed to do in the conversion.

When I flipped it around, and slipped it underneath the barrel the holes dont align anymore.

Edited by EMT760

Shave it down a little bit then. Its an easy fix.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/45802-home-made-bullet-guide/?hl=%2Bbullet+%2Bguide

You'll see a pic or two in that thread of how far mine protrudes into the magwell and it feeds flawlessly.

Saiga mags won't work because they have a built in bullet guide/feed ramp that standard ak mags don't. And yeah standard mags won't lock in until you file the catch....get on it.

Worst case scenario, a custom made bullet guide using the existing screw-hole (assuming the BG can't be made to work).

See if your gunsmith could make you one to fix his screw-up.

Of all the problems to have, that's not too bad. Lot's of ways to fix this.

Edited by Sim_Player