Again We See Violence ...Anytime, Anywhere

The problem is that you will not know. You can't just "pull out yer piece" because a bunch of kids are walking your direction. That's the point of the game, to knock out an unsuspecting person.  

No, but you can have your hand on your piece demonstrating a willingness to pull it out. To the more streetwise hood rats a hand reaching inside a jacket and left there would be a warning sign, the less enlightened among them would have no clue you have your hand on your weapon and are ready to draw.

We are not talking about walking around brandishing on EVERYONE. Use a little common sense. These crimes are generally perpetrated by mobs of black youths. So following this, if I see a cluster of them approaching me on the street I immediately go into heightened awareness mode. That means evaluating the situation - am I alone in  a bad area of town? Am I the only Caucasian in the immediate vicinity? If I divert my path to avoid them and they change theirs to intercept me taking all these factors into consideration I would believe I am then a target. In this situation you better believe my hand goes to my piece. And if it takes drawing to convince someone to back the fuck off then so be it....

• Like 2
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This must be the "precious youth" that Obama wants to protect from those "evil" gun owners.

Godless...

Even this guy gets it. Very interesting video.     http://youtu.be/Eo_FYVwIeaY

Posted Images

The problem is that you will not know. You can't just "pull out yer piece" because a bunch of kids are walking your direction. That's the point of the game, to knock out an unsuspecting person.  

No, but you can have your hand on your piece demonstrating a willingness to pull it out. To the more streetwise hood rats a hand reaching inside a jacket and left there would be a warning sign, the less enlightened among them would have no clue you have your hand on your weapon and are ready to draw.

We are not talking about walking around brandishing on EVERYONE. Use a little common sense. These crimes are generally perpetrated by mobs of black youths. So following this, if I see a cluster of them approaching me on the street I immediately go into heightened awareness mode. That means evaluating the situation - am I alone in  a bad area of town? Am I the only Caucasian in the immediate vicinity? If I divert my path to avoid them and they change theirs to intercept me taking all these factors into consideration I would believe I am then a target. In this situation you better believe my hand goes to my piece. And if it takes drawing to convince someone to back the fuck off then so be it....

Understandable. But again, you won't know you just got knocked the fuck out until you wake up and someone explains to you what just happened. Did you watch any of the videos of this happening? One vid is an attack from behind, in another, Mike Tyson uses a screen pick to launch the attack. A hand on your gun aint gonna do shit to stop it. Be aware of your surroundings, most definitely. Avoid any potential confrontation as best as possible. Bottom line is unless you're Bruce Muhammad St. Pierre, avoiding the inevitable is gonna be like winning the powerball! Just being a realist here.

If I were in an area where I thought this particular game might be going on I would be looking at everybody around me. Their intent is to catch somebody off guard with a sucker punch. The little cowards would be afraid to take a swing at somebody who is looking them in the eye, and if they do they will just run away if their blow is blocked. If that didn't happen and he tried to take another swing, that's when I think you don't hesitate to give him back to his momma for proper burial.

• Like 1

I open carry. That's always served as an effective deterrent.

I didn't know it was legal to open carry in Omaha?

There's a permit system of sorts - if you've taken an NRA basic pistol course or have equivalent military training, the ID card costs $10.

The key to avoiding this type of attack is establishing eye contact. You would be surprised how quickly intentions change when assailants realize you have your eyes on them. A few years ago, me and a friend got stuck in the wrong part of New Orleans. We had to walk out of that area at night. We locked eyes with every one we saw and never stopped scanning. We never led on that we were intimidated by the natives and we got out ok. My only regret was that I had left my ccw in the hotel and my friend had a 380. But both being from South Texas, we had some nice deer skinners on us.

Perhaps if more good people were armed in the first place this kind of shit would have never even started.

Hope I didn't botch the quote, but totally agree with this... If everyone had an ak on their shoulder crime would drop like crazy. Nobody would ever fire a shot as if you did you have a crowd of guns pointed at you in self defense, so unless its justified nobody would ever risk any use of force, with good intent or bad

I've heard Israel is this way?

There's a permit system of sorts - if you've taken an NRA basic pistol course or have equivalent military training, the ID card costs $10.

Thanks for the info, I will look into it.

Thanks for the info, I will look into it.

No problem - to open carry, you also have to have your pistol registered with the city of Omaha... Which costs an extra $15 per pistol, yay!

The cards are issued through the National Safety Council, Greater Omaha Chapter. They also offer the training course if you don't already have it. Cost is around $100. You can reach them at 402-896-0454.

See the video in this link. 

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/11/16/potentially-fatal-knockout-game-targeting-strangers-may-be-spreading-to-d-c/ 

When people see violence on movies and TV, they don't understand the difference between reality and fantasy.  Our society is not only desensitized to violence, they revel in it.  For example, in this video, these people do not understand that a person struck in the head may be left with permanent brain injuries  ...or die.  The victims do not go on to have normal lives as depicted in the movies.  They have seizures, learning disorders, speech disorders, mood disorders, relationship problems, job problems ...and the list goes on.

Here is another example that any of us, including our precious loved ones, might be a victim of violent crime anytime, anywhere ...including a mall, restaurant, bank, theater, school, parking lot, parking garage, poor/affluent neighborhood, daytime/nighttime, with numerous people around, hiking/fishing/hunting location, our job ...and in our own home. 

But of course, we know that crime only happens to those other kinds of people, not us normal people; and we can put the criminal on hold while we call 911 and wait for the police to arrive 20-120 minutes later, or longer sometimes ...to take a report.  And besides, we know that all criminals can always be easily spotted and avoided. Criminals are never attractive, well-mannered, soft-spoken, well-groomed, well-dressed, or females; they're always males of another skin color that look and behave that certain way with the label on their forehead "criminal".  And the "crazy" ones?  We all know they don't think or feel like us, have the same emotions, or follow the "rules" of normal societal behavior; but we don't have to prepare or plan for them either.  They're all taking their meds and locked up somewhere ...I think.  Well, I'm pretty sure about all that. 

Nonetheless, you and I will have to get out of our “happy place” ...our comfort zone ...if we take specific and thorough steps to prepare for the possibility (eventuality) of being a victim.  It's like putting on a car seatbelt.  Why do that?  We know for certain that you and I will never have a car accident because we're always perfect drivers and we can always avoid that drunk or “stoned” driver or the person zoned out on their phone or radio.  And having a fire extinguisher is another example; but you get the idea.  I'm charmed with wisdom and good looks ...I mean good luck, so I don't need to be prepared for ...whatever.  I’m happy, happy, happy.  How about you?

Maybe some day they will grant baggy pants hunting licences and then we can take care of the problem once and for all in our lifetime at least. It sucks being a god fearing law abiding decent person some days. 

EDIT: already being discussed here - http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/91535-sick-game-spreading-in-cities/

Edited by Venia
  • Like 1

Understandable. But again, you won't know you just got knocked the fuck out until you wake up and someone explains to you what just happened. Did you watch any of the videos of this happening? One vid is an attack from behind, in another, Mike Tyson uses a screen pick to launch the attack. A hand on your gun aint gonna do shit to stop it. Be aware of your surroundings, most definitely. Avoid any potential confrontation as best as possible. Bottom line is unless you're Bruce Muhammad St. Pierre, avoiding the inevitable is gonna be like winning the powerball! Just being a realist here.

Nah, I think you're actually being a fatalist, not a realist. As a native Southerner I can tell you whenever I see more than two negroes together my ears prick up and I go into self defense mode. I've seen it from grade school up. In a fight it's tribe vs. victim, they never engage one on one, it's always their tactic to swarm.

Sneaking up on me? You think I'm gonna turn my back on them? If I am ever in a area where I will stand out I never give a group of them a chance to get on my six, unlike those damn hipster imbeciles walking around with earbuds blasting into their head while they dreamily think about scoring their next bag of pot. 

If one walks around oblivious to their surroundings one often gets surprised in some shape or fashion....

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 1

See the video in this link. 

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/11/16/potentially-fatal-knockout-game-targeting-strangers-may-be-spreading-to-d-c/ 

When people see violence on movies and TV, they don't understand the difference between reality and fantasy.  Our society is not only desensitized to violence, they revel in it.  For example, in this video, these people do not understand that a person struck in the head may be left with permanent brain injuries  ...or die.  The victims do not go on to have normal lives as depicted in the movies.  They have seizures, learning disorders, speech disorders, mood disorders, relationship problems, job problems ...and the list goes on.

Here is another example that any of us, including our precious loved ones, might be a victim of violent crime anytime, anywhere ...including a mall, restaurant, bank, theater, school, parking lot, parking garage, poor/affluent neighborhood, daytime/nighttime, with numerous people around, hiking/fishing/hunting location, our job ...and in our own home. 

But of course, we know that crime only happens to those other kinds of people, not us normal people; and we can put the criminal on hold while we call 911 and wait for the police to arrive 20-120 minutes later, or longer sometimes ...to take a report.  And besides, we know that all criminals can always be easily spotted and avoided. Criminals are never attractive, well-mannered, soft-spoken, well-groomed, well-dressed, or females; they're always males of another skin color that look and behave that certain way with the label on their forehead "criminal".  And the "crazy" ones?  We all know they don't think or feel like us, have the same emotions, or follow the "rules" of normal societal behavior; but we don't have to prepare or plan for them either.  They're all taking their meds and locked up somewhere ...I think.  Well, I'm pretty sure about all that. 

Nonetheless, you and I will have to get out of our “happy place” ...our comfort zone ...if we take specific and thorough steps to prepare for the possibility (eventuality) of being a victim.  It's like putting on a car seatbelt.  Why do that?  We know for certain that you and I will never have a car accident because we're always perfect drivers and we can always avoid that drunk or “stoned” driver or the person zoned out on their phone or radio.  And having a fire extinguisher is another example; but you get the idea.  I'm charmed with wisdom and good looks ...I mean good luck, so I don't need to be prepared for ...whatever.  I’m happy, happy, happy.  How about you?

Can I get those three minutes back?

While I agree with most of it, putting stop and frisk in that light is bullshit. The fourth is just as important as the second or first.

The media silence is only contributing to the pressures that could start a race war. If it happens, i hope they are held accountable.

I understand where you are coming from Remek, but if approached by a mob of these urban predators, what are the options? Allow yourself to be beat into unconsciousness or killed because you are afraid you might be violating the law by defending yourself?

I see no option but to meet force with force. The quickest way to stop this bullshit is to meet it with sudden, primal, red eyed overwhelming force - enough to shock the hell out of them and send them fleeing or cowering so you can escape to safety. Shoot to wound if you must, but if you hit a vital, oh well....

Zimmerman was acquitted by the way...

Agreed, but I am asking to see what people think.

Basically its just common sense. Avoid large groups of teens prowling. Stay out of bad neighborhoods. I also like the hand on the gun idea, without brandishing.

Not that it is a big deal, but who fucked with the title of my thread? If this is a result of trying to combine two threads then that's fine but it should not appear that I wrote something that I didn't. This time it's not significant, maybe next time it would be. I only wanted to start the conversation, I have no problem with being removed as the OP.

Situational Awareness... The Lifestyle.

The unaware are prey.

Concerning open carry I know many have strong opinions and I understand them.

But for myself and my wife we will carry concealed.

Be the surprise in the Cracker Jack box.

But be aware and keep that distance open.

Some CQ training wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Hell of a world these Commies have made isn't it.

Oh and BTW Jpanzer ... I am a southern long haired hippy ... surprise big_smile.gif

Edited by Rhodes1968

If everyone had an ak on their shoulder crime would drop like crazy. Nobody would ever fire a shot as if you did you have a crowd of guns pointed at you in self defense, so unless its justified nobody would ever risk any use of force, with good intent or bad

I've heard Israel is this way?

Maybe if you were carrying said long gun at the ready. Otherwise, you are advertising you are NOT ready with it slung on your shoulder. Key points were already made in regards to Situational Awareness. Always, keep your damned head on a swivel and watch your six! Avoid any close encounters with suspicious individuals, like previously stated, change your path/route of movement. If they shift movement your way, better be ready for a fight! If you get to the point of actually gripping your weapon, look the fuckers in the eyes, they will probably get the point. If not, they will see your intentions briefly before the flash.
  • Like 1

This whole thing sucks. Its a type of race terrorism. stay away from certain areas and they win with fear, go about your business and possibly get ruined.The problem has already been stated  MORAL DECAY. don't know what we can do about it other than teach our own and hope it sticks.