I'd like to see how it patterns on paper, and I think a high speed camera could help show exactly how well it performs during flight. Ballistics gel would be even better, but I think just a pattern test would be the litmus test to whether it is a viable idea at all.

What kind of company (especially a new start up co) doesnt do or show their ammo performance on different everyday objects its users can expect to run into. Drywall, thin metal, glass, phonebooks....etc...etc.. And who doesnt do/show gell tests with penetration and expansion? A bunch of 1998 computer graphics and some paper shots dont cut it.

The vid has it on paper, towards the end, at least as far as that goes it does what is claimed.

It shows that it spreads, but it does not show a pattern. For all we know that shot at 15' was centered 3" left of point of aim. We don't know if that is repeatable, because he didn't do any groupings. the designer claimed they were as accurate as conventional ammo, but he didn't saw which conventional ammo or claim any numbers.  

It could be accuracy factored like this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGJT38HJaHg

I'm skeptical. The larger arc of rotation of the unfurled bullet(s) would generally better stabilize the flight, but only if it's balanced. The fact that they have three orbital masses mitigates balance issues but also means it's less stabilized than if there were more. I think the greatest detriment is that the unfurling of the orbital bullets should reduce the overall kinetic energy. I doubt it has a comparable range to a single projectile. The spread increases hit probability but to the sacrifice of damage per hit. It'd be interesting to see how the other bullets react in a situation where only one piece hits. Because of the tether will the other bullets swing back and cause additional but minor damage?

I think this has the same sort of utility as those birdshot cartridges for handguns... That is to say some one might have a use but hell if I have one.

Conceptually I think some thing like this might be a viable model for how you'd want to launch a taser like less than lethal projectile, in the hypothetical of being able to shrink things down that much.

I can see it as an advantage to just score a hit on the attacker even if it doesn't do much damage.

It could also be a big psych advantage to get multiple bleeding hits on him so quickly.

It should get his attention and may turn him away or slow him down for a follow up shot if needed.

Will be waiting for further test results before I buy a box of them.

I can see it as an advantage to just score a hit on the attacker even if it doesn't do much damage.

It could also be a big psych advantage to get multiple bleeding hits on him so quickly.

It should get his attention and may turn him away or slow him down for a follow up shot if needed.

Will be waiting for further test results before I buy a box of them.

Exactly

It sounds dumb.

Chain shot has been around forever. Two cannonballs, more powder, and chain connecting them was a lethal anti-personnel

cannon ammo, along with grapeshot and the original grenade rounds.

The way to apply this is not in a pistol, but in 00 Buck shells.