importation of the saigas????

I been here off and on a longtime. I do all guns besides my saigas.

When I test fired my first saiga I went and picked up five more for all my family members..

I just wonder we're the prices are on them. I was emailing raac years ago about importing the 7,62x54r saiga and the

Parts kits for the saigas. But the Russians are hard to deal with.

• 3 weeks later...

We imported a batch this summer of IZ-239 in both 16" and 22" barrel lengths.

I notice the front sight is very close to end of the barrel on the IZ-239 22in. Is it possible to remove the front sight, cut the barrel to 18in length, then add muzzle brake then re-attach the front sight...? Or just purchase the IZ-139 which looks to have enough barrel length in front of the front sight to add a muzzle brake...?

Are there any other differences between the IZ-239 vs IZ-139 besides what the picture is showing of the barrel length in front of the front sight...??? Looking at just the 22 in barrel models.

Tia

SmilinEd

They are not banned in NY and in CT their new illegal law banned by name section states "IZHMASH Saiga AK;   . Izhmash does not make a model named Izhmash Saiga AK, so they are still available to be sold here in CT.

Does this mean the saiga spotter doesn't need to be  reregistered again with the state of ct? It's registered when we purchase them the first time.

I notice the front sight is very close to end of the barrel on the IZ-239 22in. Is it possible to remove the front sight, cut the barrel to 18in length, then add muzzle brake then re-attach the front sight...? Or just purchase the IZ-139 which looks to have enough barrel length in front of the front sight to add a muzzle brake...?

Are there any other differences between the IZ-239 vs IZ-139 besides what the picture is showing of the barrel length in front of the front sight...??? Looking at just the 22 in barrel models.

Tia

SmilinEd

It is possible to cut the barrel, thread it and push back the front sight. I recommend hiring an experienced gunsmith to do this job, we can also do this for you, PM me for details. The main difference between the iz-139 and iz-239 is the AK style handguard that the iz-239 has.

On my Saiga .308, my smith pushed the front site all the way back until it rested against the gas block, & then sliced the barrel. But now the barrel is about 15", so he pinned an AK 74 comp on the end, so barrel length is correct. Years ago, the Saigas were imported by EAA in Florida. A few years later, RAAC became the sole importer. Now it seems every batch that enters the country has a new importer. And many guns have an ugly knurling mark where the previous importer's name is covered up. There's even a company in Hallandale Florida near me that imported a batch several years ago. Mercury Hermes, Fime, & Legion are but a few of the recent importers. No more exclusive deals.  GARY

Edited by N4KVE

Tia

SmilinEd

It is possible to cut the barrel, thread it and push back the front sight. I recommend hiring an experienced gunsmith to do this job, we can also do this for you, PM me for details. The main difference between the iz-139 and iz-239 is the AK style handguard that the iz-239 has.

I would love the saiga with the ak forend in 762x39 cant find any in stock the model number escapes my right now. IZ332 I think.

Edited by 762x39pro

Hard to say on value.  Yugo 308 AK rifles are selling below $550 right now.

Where is that? 

I think J&G Sales was selling them for $499 with three mags, but I think they sold out already,  Classic Arms had them for about $520 or $530.

Buds gun shop is 564 shipped for zastava

Thread is about Izhmash imports. Zastava ain't the same country. The AK's in Yugo are internally different and a pain in the ass to open up to hi-cap mags. Takes more than a bit of very careful and precise machining to do it.

Thread is about Izhmash imports. Zastava ain't the same country. The AK's in Yugo are internally different and a pain in the ass to open up to hi-cap mags. Takes more than a bit of very careful and precise machining to do it.

That's good to know. I would love to pick up one of these Zastava rifles if Csspecs' mags could be made to fit.

On my Saiga .308, my smith pushed the front site all the way back until it rested against the gas block, & then sliced the barrel. But now the barrel is about 15", so he pinned an AK 74 comp on the end, so barrel length is correct. Years ago, the Saigas were imported by EAA in Florida. A few years later, RAAC became the sole importer. Now it seems every batch that enters the country has a new importer. And many guns have an ugly knurling mark where the previous importer's name is covered up. There's even a company in Hallandale Florida near me that imported a batch several years ago. Mercury Hermes, Fime, & Legion are but a few of the recent importers. No more exclusive deals. GARY

can you post a pic. I havent shortened my barrel but ive got it threaded and im thinking about shortening the barrel a little.

That's good to know. I would love to pick up one of these Zastava rifles if Csspecs' mags could be made to fit.

CSSpecs recently purchased a Zastava 308 rifle...

• Like 1

This is a good thing. Didn't take him long to start making mags for the Vepr .308. I hope he finds the market is large enough to justify making mags for the Zastava rifles.

This is a good thing. Didn't take him long to start making mags for the Vepr .308. I hope he finds the market is large enough to justify making mags for the Zastava rifles.

To not thread jack to much.. Info is in my vendor forum under M77, continue it over there if you would like.