VEPR-12 Flared (Competition) Magwell Attachment

I can't find it now but I have seen several pictures of Vepr-12s that appear to have an attachment on the factory magwell that makes it a flared magwell. From the pictures, it appears to be made of plastic similar to that of the magwell and attached with rivets or screws of some sort. Do you guys know what I am talking about? Can these be had in the US and are they a good alternative to the metal flared magwell that are currently available from Russia? It appears to offer a better fit/finish that the steel magwell from the pic I have seen while accomplishing the same task.

I am aware of the metal magwell and that is not what I am talking about. As stated, I am looking for the add-on flared magwell attachment as another option to the metal magwell. I will try to post a link to a pciture of what I am talking about once I can find the pics again. I just can't remember where I was "surfing" when I found them the other day.

Molot makes both a steel and an alumnum version flared competition magwell.

He is looking for something he saw while online that is an attachment for the stock magwell - not a replacement - the adds a flare to the bottom of the well....

Edited by 7.62m43

I have seen it installed on the guns of some foreign IPSC shooters. The link I saw last week was to a German (I think) gun store that listed it for sale in their Vepr-12 enhancement section but for the life of me I can't find where I saw that link. 

diing ding ding. Yep, that's it and that's the website. Thanks!

Now, I wonder if we could get them here in the US? My German is poor (non-existant really).

There is probably someone there that speaks decent enough English to deal with you. The cost on these would be around $79.50 (59.00 euros) plus shipping.

I am being told by another member here that they tried to order from that shop and they will not ship to the US. Bummer....

Do you know anybody that is active military, and is stationed in Germany? Maybe they could make the purchase, and ship it to you...

I am being told by another member here that they tried to order from that shop and they will not ship to the US. Bummer....

Do you know anybody that is active military, and is stationed in Germany? Maybe they could make the purchase, and ship it to you...

i don't know anyone unfortunately. That's would be a good plan though

i don't know anyone unfortunately. That's would be a good plan though

Couldn't hurt to ask around. The only thing to be careful about is if this part qualifies as a "restricted" part that requires special paperwork to be imported... you just never know, and it would NOT be fun to find out the hard way you f-ed up and broke the law by having the feds show up at your door! I know that people can legally get the steel magwell that come flared - I would think it would be a better way to go than to add the flare to the existing well.

Edited by 7.62m43

If you use Google Translate it states under "Shipping and Payment" that Planet-of-Gun does not ship outside the EU.  I could be wrong but I swear russiansurplus.net carried this attachment sometime awhile back.  I'd try contacting them to see what they can do.  Better yet, change the whole magwell out for the flared metal version.  That comes up on their site from time to time too...

edited:  Flared Molot Metal Magwell is available (1 in-stock) for $145 at russiansurplus.net 

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter