Got some new Salem6 Goodies for my MKA1919XN

Great vid! Glad to see you got the Salem6 goodies on!

This company really impresses me. I see you got the same "feel" from the fore end as I did.. It's very "Magpulesqe"

Lookin good! I am getting ready to either shoot a video or do a pictoral how-to upgrade the safety selector detent.

I can't stand how it feels out of the box and tried to upgrade the plunger with a different model from McMaster Carr

and still wasn't happy, so I used some AR parts and now it feel like an AR safety! I will be starting a new thread

shortly!

Great vid! Glad to see you got the Salem6 goodies on!

This company really impresses me. I see you got the same "feel" from the fore end as I did.. It's very "Magpulesqe"

Lookin good! I am getting ready to either shoot a video or do a pictoral how-to upgrade the safety selector detent.

I can't stand how it feels out of the box and tried to upgrade the plunger with a different model from McMaster Carr

and still wasn't happy, so I used some AR parts and now it feel like an AR safety! I will be starting a new thread

shortly!

Nice! Sounds like a great mod. We need more activity in this place! It's like a ghost town!

LOOKS GOOD!!

I would have probably Kept my MKA but after I did all the Firebird mods it was an 11 pound monster

and I decided it was to Heavy to tote around and to expensive to scratch it up!

I should have leaned toward the Salem Six Mods as it looks lighter than the F.B. mods..and not nearly

as expensive....

What I really want to see is a MKA Bullpup Mod!!!

LOOKS GOOD!!

I would have probably Kept my MKA but after I did all the Firebird mods it was an 11 pound monster

and I decided it was to Heavy to tote around and to expensive to scratch it up!

I should have leaned toward the Salem Six Mods as it looks lighter than the F.B. mods..and not nearly

as expensive....

What I really want to see is a MKA Bullpup Mod!!!

Ya it only weights 7 lb. 13 oz without a mag.

• 1 month later...

xICEMANx,

Very nice. I am thinking about that same handguard. Can you answer 2 questions for me?

1. Assuming yours is the 19.7" (or whatever the exact length is) barrel, how much exposed barrel is there? Distance from front of handguard to muzzle?

2. How large is the diameter of the hole that goes around the barrel on the front retainer of the handguard? Thinking about perm attaching a brake on a shorter barrel.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by JWH223

I was able to get this info from Troy at Salem 6.

The handguard is approximately 9.875" long and the hole is 1.2" in diameter.

Thought I would add just in case others may have interest.

Sorry haven't been on the forums for a while. Glad you got the info from Troy, he's a really nice guy.