Delron/Delrin gas piston puck whatever for a saiga 12, opinions?

Brass would definitely get hammered out of shape by the op rod. Delrin might just absorb the impact.

Another downside of delrin not listed is that it tends to absorb oils and expand. 

A lot of paintball guns use tight fitting delrin bolts to eliminate cyclic mass and o-rings. People would use oil to help the seal, or because they thought more lube is better (despite the fact that delrin was chosen for that property) Sometimes the bolt would expand a thou or two and render the gun inoperable until it was driven out and sanded down.

Yeah I run a delrin bolt in one of my paintball markers.  Delrin, dual oring awesome performance but that's an AGP marker for you. One thing you gotta understand though is that paintball markers run at room temperature to cold temperature (Depends on if the player uses compressed air or CO2) and is also subject to lower levels of PSI.

I've seen players that obviously don't own a gun bitch about the bolt recoil on some markers.  They need to fire a .460 magnum and then come back and talk about felt recoil.  lol  :D

My biggest concern is the temperatures it will be subjected to in an S12.

I like to run the gas block dry, all contact areas get either lithium grease or teflon grease as stated earlier.

AK actions don't do as well with light oils.

I run my gas block dry as well.  The gas block is a magnet for soot and small particles of metal from the ignition of the shell, I don't need oil gumming it up when I need it to work.  The oil will either get blown out the port/ports on a gas block or get burned up and try to stick to the gas port and or piston.  I've seen it happen.