Just got my first posp scope and put it on my folding stock 308. I made a cheek pad from foam and leather. What do yall think. I used the stock gas tube with ak lower handguard. I thought it looked cool with the big posp scope on it. Ive since put back the ak gas tube. I also have an a2 flash hider im thinking about shortening the barrel and pinning on the flash hider to get 16" if I do that ill sell the scope and get a dogleg dustcover with peep sight.

20131122_113932_zpsbedfad02.jpg

I like it the way it is man! Good lookin 308 there. If i had a 16in 308 i dont know if id think about cutting the barrel and pinning anything on for length tho, i have the 21.5in barrel and could definitely entertain the thought of chopping it to 18 but thats about as far as i would go namely bc of muzzle flash and velocity loss...but post pics if you do chop it lol!

Yea I understand that but im thinking of the weapon as a do all inside 300 yards. Thats why I may sell the scope and even a 14" 308 will totally beat out all intermediate rifle round and wouldnt a problem at 300. Thats my thought. Ill most likely leave the barrel alone.

If I do sell the scope I know ill want a peep sight mounted on the cover or at the rear. Ive seen the techsite peep I kind of like that but I also like the tws top cover. But id like a left side charging handle and wouldnt want to cut up the tws cover. So I traded for a cheap top cover with rail I may try to see what I can work up on that cover.