Saiga & Vepr Magazines

Are factory Saiga & Vepr magazines interchangeable? What about Galil mags modded to work in the Saiga? Will they work in a Vepr. I have a converted 5.56 Saiga along with 20 or so modded Galil mags and would like to get a 5.56 Vepr as a stable-mate IF the mags interchange!

Thanks in advance for the assit.

Old SF

Factory Saiga and Vepr mags will have to be modified to work with a bullet guide, if your rifle has one. My factory Vepr mags work great in my SGL. T he Vepr mags have a thinner rear tab so may be slightly lose compared to the saiga mags.

Not sure on the galil mags, but they should work fine iirc.

L-r-d,

I looked around on the Vepr .223 forum but didn't find anything that addressed my question. But then, searches and I aren't on the best of terms!!! I'll look again.

Capt. H,

I appreciate the assist. I also 'appreciate' your avatar! Most...'striking!!!'

Old SF MJT

Can't copy link since I'm using my phone.

Galil mags will fit Saiga but not all Galil mags work with all rifles. Test and try each one for reliability. Saiga and Vepr factory mags work on either rifle.

The only mags that fit the Vepr are factory, Beryl, Bulgarian circle 10, and Promag. Every other 5.56 ak platform mag is too wide to fit the Vepr magwell. All the mags that work in the Vepr will work in the Saiga.