AK 102 Muzzle Device, where to buy?

• 2 weeks later...

CNC Warrior had a nice looking 4 piece that would have worked and a bell brake for a krink but not one of the short ones like I am looking for.

As it turns out, Arsenal makes one of their own with the right threads and the (roughly) right dimensions. It's chrome lined which is sweet but it looks a little bit off. I'll live.

If anyone is curious here it is: http://www.k-var.com/shop/KR-007US.html

They listed the actual Russian version too, but it in 7.62 and out of stock. 

Yeah I think that's really the best option for ths type of build. The bell booster really does nothing for flash or sound. I still thinking of doing one of my '74 parts kits in the 102 style, and the perm-attached extended 4-piece is probably the way I'll go with it. I just need another 5.56 barrel and nobody is making them in AK-74 profile at the moment.

Edited by mancat

I think the 12.5" barrel models are just on the verge of needing/not needing the gas booster. The 4-pc seems to have the same overall desired effect on the gas system.

I've never really figured out what sort of tuning is involved that some of the short-barrel 7.62x39 AKs (e.g. Draco/AIMR and mini versions of such) have no cycling problems without a booster, but the 5.45x39 and 5.56 shorties seem to have problems without it. Does powder burn slower in the 7.62x39 cartridge, extending the gas pulse and eliminating the need for it? Just gas port size & location? I don't know.

Edited by mancat

Believe me, I know that the 4-piece is WAY more effective as a flash suppressor, and the bell brake is basically a crummy design, but something about the bell brake just does it for me. In the end I'll probably get one of both so I can switch between the two, since I'm not going to perm attach mine. I don't even have my NFA trust set up yet, so I have loads of time to find one. 

Somebody on another AK forum that shall not be named had two of the Russian short bells, but said that the notch for the detent on the Russian ones is in a different location than the Bulgarian ones. This would mean that if I used a Russian one, the wirecutter slots would be canted. I had not heard of this before. Can anybody confirm or deny that there is a difference in the location of the detent between the Russian and Bulgarian combo FS/GB's?

I think I might have found one on ebay. It looks shorter in the picture. Give them a holler and see if it the one you are looking for.

for some reason I cant paste the link in this reply. I just typed krinkov in the search bar and it was one of the first few items.  

The vendor is: tc-tactical, Now that I looked at the K-var link you provided it might be the same one.

OK one more time. AA-OK has the one you are looking for 2.5" length, but I have always been a little leery of them for some reason. Maybe worth giving them a call.

Edited by 70ss396

I found the ebay ad you were talking about, but unfortunately I already have that product, but in the 5.56mm version. For some reason, I found them to be deceptively short as well, but I have one right next to me, and it is 3.5", without a doubt. It's okay though, that part will be going on the SLR-104UR I ordered this morning laugh.png

I have also seen that listing on AA-OK. I don't like to order from them because they don't have a status on whether or not the product is in stock or not. I ordered a front sight block from them, waited months (after they charged my credit card), received nothing, attempted to cancel my order, and after struggling through their shit-tier customer service, FINALLY managed to get a refund, weeks after beginning the attempt to cancel my order. Even though I vowed to never give them another penny of my money, out of desperation, I emailed them and asked them whether or not their bell brakes were in stock. Shockingly, someone actually responded to my inquisition and said that they were "awaiting resupply". As much as I love sitting on wait lists for indeterminate amounts of time while my money is being held despite the fact that I have nothing to show for it, I'll pass on AA-OK this time. 

In any case, I certainly appreciate your effort, just as I appreciate the effort of anyone trying to help me acquire this elusive bit of hardware.

I almost ordered one of the 104ur krinks but the 1in8 twist rate kind of spooked me. I don't want a krink that might keyhole if you sbr it. I had the order entered with my credit info and everything when a moment of caution came over me and I decided to do some more research.

When I get some concrete info that these are good to go for sbr I will be picking one up.

I was looking for tidbits for the 104ur when I came across those breaks and thought I might be able to help you out.

Edited by 70ss396

Believe me, I know that the 4-piece is WAY more effective as a flash suppressor, and the bell brake is basically a crummy design, but something about the bell brake just does it for me. In the end I'll probably get one of both so I can switch between the two, since I'm not going to perm attach mine. I don't even have my NFA trust set up yet, so I have loads of time to find one. 

LOL same here , bell brake just a bad a@#s smile.png

Just got back from the farm had 200-300 rounds through my shorty ,very pleased  :)

AK105_zpscc31271d.jpg

Edited by atakacorp
  • Like 1

I almost ordered one of the 104ur kinks but the 1in8 twist rate kind of spooked me. I don't want a kink that might keyhole if you sbr it. I had the order entered with my credit info and everything when a moment of caution came over me and I decided to do some more research.

When I get some concrete info that these are good to go for sbr I will be picking one up.

I was looking for tidbits for the 104ur when I came across those breaks and thought I might be able to help you out.

The barrel twist rate worries me but the charge just cleared on my card so to hell with it, I'll just have to find out for myself. I'm in to order Bluejack's V6 barrels anyways, I can always have a guy swap them out, worst comes to worst. 

LOL same here , bell brake just a bad a@#s smile.png

Just got back from the farm had 200-300 rounds through my shorty ,very pleased  smile.png

Das it mayne. I'm definitely going to have to get a 4 piece to whore out on my SBR's-to-be. My triangle stock is going to have to sleep around too. 

• 4 weeks later...

I acquired one but it's in 7.62 and it's Russian. Now I'm wondering whether or not it would be sacrilege to have someone cut out a second detent slot so that it will work with both Russian and Bulgarian FSB's. These are fairly rare so I would hate to alter it in any way, but the search for a .223/5.45 Bulgy short bell is starting to look like a vanity.

m6zl.jpg

Yes the detent is in a different location which puts the slots in a different position, not that it matters.

Yep. The Russian made versions are at an 11 o'clock position and the Bulgy units are more at a 10. The issue will be with alignment, and not performance.