AK 102 Muzzle Device, where to buy?

Yes the detent is in a different location which puts the slots in a different position, not that it matters.

Yep. The Russian made versions are at an 11 o'clock position and the Bulgy units are more at a 10. The issue will be with alignment, and not performance.
Here is what it looks like for anyone in the future reading this.

post-19600-0-90540300-1390697851_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Is that a standard Krink bell on a Draco? Dracos have that hooded front sight with centered detents, if I remember correctly..

Of course, I'm not worried about losing precious seconds turning my rifle 30 degrees to align the wire cutter slots with the barbed wire I'm about to bust through. I just want it to look right.

When dealing with AA-OK look at their part #s. If it has an AK in the PN it is real steel if the PN has

an AS in it it is airsoft. The rude SOB on the phone told me that. Personally i would watch anything theyhave.

AA-OK is full of shit! They sell airsoft parts and try to pass them off as genuine AK parts!

Look at this picture... detent in wrong place for Russian, threaded hole with set screw in bottom of gas chamber, and part number is AK-027!!!

http://aa-ok.com/ak105-style-front-sight-gas-block-base.html

Edited by 7.62m43

When dealing with AA-OK look at their part #s. If it has an AK in the PN it is real steel if the PN has

an AS in it it is airsoft. The rude SOB on the phone told me that. Personally i would watch anything theyhave.

AA-OK is full of shit! They sell airsoft parts and try to pass them off as genuine AK parts!

Look at this picture... detent in wrong place for Russian, threaded hole with set screw in bottom of gas chamber, and part number is AK-027!!!

http://aa-ok.com/ak105-style-front-sight-gas-block-base.html

The one in the link looks more like a Bulgarian pattern, not Russian. And why does it have the step in the thread collar?

I too am in need of a 104 brake. Kvar is out and the one they did have is Russian. The Russian one will not line up correctly on a Bulgarian FSB. It is off slightly but it's cosmetic only. AAOK sells air soft products. The one they have is a Chinese air soft replica and it does line up correctly. The pictures they show were plagiarized from the Avtomats in action website which is no longer selling to the public and those were Russian as well. Personally I would not want to expose that booster to actual discharge pressures it may fragment.

If anyone has a line on a real 104 CR booster please IM me.

I too am in need of a 104 brake. Kvar is out and the one they did have is Russian. The Russian one will not line up correctly on a Bulgarian FSB. It is off slightly but it's cosmetic only. AAOK sells air soft products. The one they have is a Chinese air soft replica and it does line up correctly. The pictures they show were plagiarized from the Avtomats in action website which is no longer selling to the public and those were Russian as well. Personally I would not want to expose that booster to actual discharge pressures it may fragment.

If anyone has a line on a real 104 CR booster please IM me.

Yeah I would really not enjoy some POS brittle muzzle brake turning into shrapnel a foot away from my face. I have no clue where to find the Bulgarian versions of these.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new idea. 

Since the Russian short bells are somewhat easy to find compared to Bulgarian ones, and the Russian combo front sight gas blocks aren't terribly difficult to find either, what if I bought a Russian combo FS/GB, and replaced the one on my 106CR with it? 

ak1058.jpg

That way, I can just use the Russian short bell I already have. 

It seems to me like a good idea, with one small problem: This link  says that the Bulgarian version has the same internal diameter as a typical gas block, while the Russian version has the internal diameter of a typical front sight block (smaller). This means that either the Russian version would have to widened to fit onto my barrel, or the barrel would have to be turned down to the same diameter as the furthest end of a typical AK barrel (would the barrel have to be removed for this?). 

I'm not sure if widening the Russian version to fit would make the steel too thin. 

My other options are to keep looking for a Bulgarian short bell for sale, or to dremel a new notch on my Russian bell to make it time for the Bulgarian FS/GB. I also have the concern there of the piece of steel between the old detent slot and the new one being too thin. 

• 2 months later...

In the next couple weeks, CNC warrior will be producing a 24x1.5 AK104 short booster cone. They requested I send them one of my new production AK104 Russian boosters. Current Russian production boosters are not chromed and the one I sent is marked for where the detent will be for a Bulgarian FS/GB. It is about 2mm laterally to the left than the Russian detent. The idea behind this is that the majority of guns that will accommodate this device are Arsenal Bulgarian made guns. Arsenal did import a Saiga model SGL32-61 that would work with this but it is timed for a Russian booster. It will still fit but the timing will be slightly off. Retail around $36.99.

These new CNC boosters will be bored for a .30cal projectile so it may be used on 7.62 or 5.45 guns. I am pretty sure they will also be making a 24x 1.5 AKS74U Krink booster as well.

Wow good news. I had just come back into this thread to post that Chris Butler is making a limited run of short bells timed for the Bulgarian detent location. Funny that AK-USA and CNC Warrior are both doing these at the same time. Now I have to decide.