Federal game bird magazine quick load

Ok, tube feeds reload quick, I have ideas.

But I would love to make a 2rnd mag that can be reloaded almost as fast as a tube fed, I could buy another shotgun cheap, but would love to use my saiga instead. I'm keeping it sporter too!

Any ideas! I was thinking complicated but fast, or simple but medium speed.

Complicated would be an angled lever that would push the follower down as you inserted the round super fast as you just push the new round in, just as fast as a tube feed or faster with practice as its more guided. Medium speed would be a pull down follower that opened a hole to drop the rounds in. Either way no spare mag to lose or have to line up and load. Perfect for shooting ducks from a boat, just saying

Buy an extra magazine, keep loaded. Fastest reload, other than a second gun..

Or are you just feeling inventive?

If your looking to make a speed loader, you might want to try some polymer paste to form a prototype from. I think something similar to the glock style would be simplest.

Edited by poolingmyignorance

Very big lake almost 1700 surface acres and 25.5 miles of shore. And I could get used to the mag changes for sure but just thinking outside the box. It's who I am and how I am.

My three posts are about a delron/Delrin gas puck, I one off mag, and me keeping my saiga a sporter to hunt crappy terrain with

Whai if you cut the back out of a 5 round mag, around the third and fourth shell down. And put a pull handle on the bottom of the follower that goes thru the floor plate. Pull the handle, through a couple shells in the back of the mag, let the handle go, then charge the gun.

That would work, but take two hands.

I was thinking a sort of duck bill, like what's in a normal tube fed shotgun that lifts the shell into place, upside-down in front of the mag, and same hole you explained but on the front, upon pressing a shell up against the duck bill lever, it would open access to the hole as well as have an inclosed lever system the would pull down the follower. The feed spring wouldn't need to be too powerful for a 3 open bolt two closed bolt mag. The lever might get in the way of actually installing the mag... But you could actually make the front hook move or something? Keep in mind this wouldn't need to be easy to remove or install as the purpose when installed is to prevent that need.

I agree, I have a 28" fixed choke 500 that's just fine, but I am running out of safe room to store guns!

Very big lake almost 1700 surface acres and 25.5 miles of shore. And I could get used to the mag changes for sure but just thinking outside the box. It's who I am and how I am.

My three posts are about a delron/Delrin gas puck, I one off mag, and me keeping my saiga a sporter to hunt crappy terrain with

What about a lanyard on the mags?

How about a small trigger looking lever up high on the front of the mag that you use your pinkey finger on to pull the follower down. Maby something hinged. You still haf to hold the gun in that area any which way you load it. Could be that I'm used to pushing shells into a tube, as this would also have the hole in the back of the mag.

I guess I was looking at it being close to the top of the mag and the mag release is in the way?

I was thinking just slap another round in the tube. Still can be able to "hold" more then two rounds with the bolt closed.

Also loading to the top of the mag would allow one to be added to the mag even if there was still one in there.

I load with my trigger hand to keep it off the trigger, I can load a tube gun with it still to my shoulder, was hoping to do the same here.

Might just need a tube gun?

Sounds like a solution in search of a question.... Buy some 2 round mags, load them, and swap em. While you are waiting... reload any empty mags. Once you have practiced more than an hour at it, you will not drop them in the lake, unless you are fumblefingers-freddy.

:smoke: