Picture Post ,Lets see your .223!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20150226_213021_zpsnpq5xcap.jpg This is about revision #3 of the same rifle. The dust cover and handguard are from TWS. The stock (which I HATE), is Tapco. Conversion and barrel threading done by me. I still want to do a ton more. I'd like to replace the GB with a Krebs or Bolton gd/fsb combo. I want to replace the Butt stock with an Ace Ultralight. And I'm on the crazy long wait list for a Canis Bastard. I just need to wait till I have money and can time shipping for when wife's at work. On the plus side I made $20 at the range on Sunday from an AR guy in a game of horse. I hit 5 20 Oz coke bottles at 100 yes with 5 bullets. His Daniels Defense with ACOG could only manage 3. I only need to win about 59 more bets and I'll break even.

New furniture, working on lightening up the rifle a bit.  7 pounds 14 ounces current weight, might get rid of the 3 point sling as it weighs almost 8 ounces!

You could save a little weight by switching to a TWS top rail. It weighs about 1.5 Oz more than the original dust cover and you can then get rid of the side mount.

attachicon.gifDSC03560.JPG                                       attachicon.gifDSC03559.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the midst of doing a full conversion. I cannot find recent posts on what people are asking for the IZ114 in california. I can assume its not cheap. I would like to know what other people are paying for one in other states. Ive seen the options drop quick as if to none. What would you pay for a full conversion and to AR mag capability as well as fcg and bg, peeps sights and new dust cover rail with picatinny? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

- Stripped rifle back to bare parkerizing layer. Will be repainting the rifle with low-gloss Duplicolor. Used semi-gloss DE1635 before and never really liked how it looked, too glossy.

- Demilled several trigger guards, one for the Saiga and another for Bulgy 74 5.56 build I'm slowly starting on. Removed factory mag catch and cheap bolt-on trigger guard, which wasn't very stiff and liked to get bent up & deformed under the tension of the pistol grip being screwed down.

- Attached AK-74 trigger guard using button head screws, AK-builder threaded TG plate. Bulgy 74 selector stop didn't need any adjustments for mag fit & function.

gallery_36884_1001_667862.jpg

gallery_36884_1001_231004.jpg

gallery_36884_1001_127628.jpg

Edited by mancat

Someone came up with this one recently... Old pic now, friends GF.

1381533_10200475824369394_441063404_n.jp

she got beast arms

the rifle is only to even the odds, it would be unfair to anyone foolish enough to attack her for her to engage them in CQB. Those arms are wonderful.

Someone came up with this one recently... Old pic now, friends GF.

1381533_10200475824369394_441063404_n.jp

she got beast arms

the rifle is only to even the odds, it would be unfair to anyone foolish enough to attack her for her to engage them in CQB. Those arms are wonderful.

I don't think the kids seem to think so.

• 2 weeks later...

- Stripped rifle back to bare parkerizing layer. Will be repainting the rifle with low-gloss Duplicolor. Used semi-gloss DE1635 before and never really liked how it looked, too glossy.

- Demilled several trigger guards, one for the Saiga and another for Bulgy 74 5.56 build I'm slowly starting on. Removed factory mag catch and cheap bolt-on trigger guard, which wasn't very stiff and liked to get bent up & deformed under the tension of the pistol grip being screwed down.

- Attached AK-74 trigger guard using button head screws, AK-builder threaded TG plate. Bulgy 74 selector stop didn't need any adjustments for mag fit & function.

gallery_36884_1001_667862.jpg

gallery_36884_1001_231004.jpg

gallery_36884_1001_127628.jpg

Repainted

gallery_36884_1001_406296.jpg

gallery_36884_1001_407937.jpg

gallery_36884_1001_288956.jpg

Edited by mancat
  • Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...