Custom Made adaptor 24mm to 1/2x28

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

... a REAL CAN on the end.

Good for you, sir! I wish more gun owners would go to the trouble to legally obtain sound supressors - they actually are, and were originally designed to be, safety devices. The federal restrictions on sound supressors might make sense, IF the federal government also prohibited car & truck mufflers, on the (obviously mistaken) assumption that quiet vehicles allow hit-and-run drivers to escape.

Hopefully, any day now, I can arrange my own finances & other priorities to take my own advice...

;>)

I Thought that I had posted here a long time ago, but I had not. Sorry.

This is my baby. I picked up the stock off of ebay, I believe it was a Choate for a milled reciever. I modified it to fit the rifle. The mags are Gallil 35 rounders and the original Saiga. The vest is actually military issue from when I was in the service. I had made it as part of a Gilly so I had to keep it. The mag pouches were to small so I removed them and made some from BDU's.

Sorry about the bad pictures, but the camera dies and I had to take these from the web cam (Which is also about to die). Good shooting.

post-411-1170518654_thumb.jpg

post-411-1170518732_thumb.jpg

This is my baby:

73991742.XmQg9gjI.Saiga.jpg

So far pretty standard with only a Tigr scope-mount and a Simmons 3-9X40. Plan on doing a Druganov conversion with a Choate butt stock, Harris bi pod and an original scope (to begin with) I'm gonna show you when I'm finished. It can take some time, because parts are hard to get over here (Netherlands)

Here's my baby - '04 Saiga 223. Always a work in progress.

Up next she's getting outfitted

post-2093-1170815846_thumb.jpg

She's got:

U.S. G2 FCG - polished to perfection

U.S. ACE Galil PG

U.S. K-Var Nato Buttstock

U.S. Tapco Gas Piston

R.Trunnion Guide - me

Notched Safety Lever - me

Index pin/spring in FSB - me

AK-74 brake & threaded adapter - vjor

Beadblasted Carrier - pistonring8

Threaded barrel - kit from WJM

Yugo AK-47 retainer & sling loop - TheGunHustler

I welded on bayo lugs/rod holders to go with the

extended birdcage hider, cleaning rod & bayo.

However, I like the '74 brake mucho better. I am

in the process of installing a threaded bulgy FSB

and unmodded factory gas block.

Here is my brand new .223. For Kicks and Giggles, I have included my SKS and Glock 17. I also have an AP-80, but it's not in the picture as I had forgotten that I actually had it.

dsc0005jpgaaaur4.jpg

Edited by jStat

Is that a mini 14 or Norinco mag? What od you need to do to get it to work?

WYK

Here is my brand new .223. For Kicks and Giggles, I have included my SKS and Glock 17. I also have an AP-80, but it's not in the picture as I had forgotten that I actually had it.

dsc0005jpgaaaur4.jpg

WYK

dsc0005jpgaaaur4.jpg

In the SKS? Standard detachable 30-rounder. Not sure on the manufacture, though, if that's what you're asking.

No, on the top. The 223. Or is it an AR mag?

WYK

WYK

dsc0005jpgaaaur4.jpg

In the SKS? Standard detachable 30-rounder. Not sure on the manufacture, though, if that's what you're asking.

No, on the top. The 223. Or is it an AR mag?

WYK

WYK

dsc0005jpgaaaur4.jpg

No, that's a Saiga 30-rounder. :donatello:

The Ak 101 mags specifically?

WYK

Wow, so I assume it fits with no mods? Where can ya get those?

WYK

Rusmilitary.com

The one that says "7.62x39 Saiga magazine." The item below the RPK mag and above the Bakelite mag.

Uh..this is the 223 forum... ;)

Got a Saiga 223 mag link for me? :)

WYK

The Ak 101 mags specifically?

WYK

Wow, so I assume it fits with no mods? Where can ya get those?

WYK

Rusmilitary.com

The one that says "7.62x39 Saiga magazine." The item below the RPK mag and above the Bakelite mag.

Thanks for the info. So is there a good source for these? I assume you play a bit with them to get em to fit?

WYK

Its a East German Wieger mag.

Actually, no playing around is needed.

And I DID find a link for them, but it's $50 or so per mag.

http://www.jocoemprise.com/rifles/saiga.html

Edited by jStat
Thanks for the info. So is there a good source for these? I assume you play a bit with them to get em to fit?

WYK

If you don't mind adding a bullet guide (see dinzag ;>), the Weigers are apparently available in the 'bullet-guide-required' form here, for $25.99:

http://www.tickbitesupply.com/davids1.html

Look for the "East German AK223 new mags" about half-way down the page. If you are going to buy more than one or two mags, I would recommend that you consider installing a bullet guide, so you can purchase less expensive magazines.

(Just my opinion, which is worth every dang penny you paid for it... ;>)

Hrm. Thanks for the info. However, I have a line on an affordable 7.62X39, so may go that way for now. I assume you can easily modify the Saiga 7.62SX39 to take standard AK mags?

WYK

WYK

If you don't mind adding a bullet guide (see dinzag ;>), the Weigers are apparently available in the 'bullet-guide-required' form here, for $25.99:

http://www.tickbitesupply.com/davids1.html

Look for the "East German AK223 new mags" about half-way down the page. If you are going to buy more than one or two mags, I would recommend that you consider installing a bullet guide, so you can purchase less expensive magazines.

(Just my opinion, which is worth every dang penny you paid for it... ;>)

Actually, no playing around is needed.

I dunno where yall get your steel German Weigers from... That you can snap them right into a Saiga .223.... But I wish you would share...

I just spent an hour last night fitting my newest TWO magazines.

Honestly... it could be done in about 5 minutes, but I was watching a movie, and the dremel made it hard to hear the sound. LOL :lol:

You have to remove metal at the top front where it fits into the receiver, and you have to remove metal above the mag catch so that it will actually *FIT* into the rifle...

I took a long time also, because if you go REALLY slow... you can get them to snap in very easily, but lock in SUPER SOLID!! :up:

Hell, at one point I didnt think I was going to be able to get one back out... cause it was "just to the point" where its ALMOST there... not enough removed to click in EASY... enough removed that it WILL click in (kinda)... Just gotta force on it when they get to that point...

Currently, I have four 30 round, steel weigers, 3 are rock solid... But the first one I did, I ground off too much, and it wobbles a little bit side to side... but it still feeds beautifully.

:smoke:

saiga.jpg

Picked it up on Thursday afternoon, started the conversion and finished it Friday AM, successfully test-fired Friday afternoon. Works great!

Parts:

US pistol grip (1)

Tapco single-hook G-2 (3)

US-made floorplate and follower (fashioned from a green AR-15 follower and some polymer) (1)

I have a Bulgy triangle side-folder I'm going to add on there as well at some point when I get the balls :unsure:

post-1140-1171072789_thumb.jpg

Crappy pic and it's the only one I have :unsure:

Where can I find one of those pointy 4-section muzzle brakes?

The Flash supp. is the Bulgy type for 24mm threads. KVAR used to sell them. Midwest Armory has a US made version of them.

The pic lost some resolution from the original.

Edited by avatar
saiga.jpg

Picked it up on Thursday afternoon, started the conversion and finished it Friday AM, successfully test-fired Friday afternoon. Works great!

Parts:

US pistol grip (1)

Tapco single-hook G-2 (3)

US-made floorplate and follower (fashioned from a green AR-15 follower and some polymer) (1)

I have a Bulgy triangle side-folder I'm going to add on there as well at some point when I get the balls :unsure:

Looks great, Compadre (and sounds like it works even better ;>)!

;>)