Picture Post ,Lets see your .223!

Here is my brand new .223. For Kicks and Giggles, I have included my SKS and Glock 17. I also have an AP-80, but it's not in the picture as I had forgotten that I actually had it.

dsc0005jpgaaaur4.jpg

jStat, be carefull where you post your photos.

I may be wrong but it looks like one (if not both) of those weapons are out of spec with 922r rules.

Any 922r experts care to chime in?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

Here is my brand new .223. For Kicks and Giggles, I have included my SKS and Glock 17. I also have an AP-80, but it's not in the picture as I had forgotten that I actually had it.

dsc0005jpgaaaur4.jpg

jStat, be carefull where you post your photos.

I may be wrong but it looks like one (if not both) of those weapons are out of spec with 922r rules.

Any 922r experts care to chime in?

Getting them reposted all the time doesn't help either. :chris:

Oh well, the Saiga's gonna be getting its conversion parts soon.

As for the SKS? *Shrug*

*Shrug*

Just a word of advice from a 'gray-haired-old-fart:' don't ever just "shrug" when it comes to federal law. It only takes one tornado to ruin your life. Now, tornados may be random events, but that doesn't mean one won't hit you before dinner tonight (or maybe even before lunch - especially if you post a 'want ad' on the internet). Buy the right kind of insurance (can you say, 'extra compliance parts?'), and build a storm cellar (AKA, 'know the law, and keep your receipts & other records'). Take a few simple, inexpensive steps upfront, to make sure you-and-yours do NOT get hurt.

IMHO, if you don't, you're a freaking idiot. You're risking a lot of pain for your family, for no good reason.

Just my opinion (if you disagree, feel free to go 'knock yourself out')...

Edited by Bad Bob
Seeing this reminds me. Is it an easy process to mount a bi-pod/front PG on one of these .223s?

What kind of bi-pod do you want? Barrel-mount, sling-swivel mount, or rail-mount? (Frankly, they're all easy... ;>) What kind of PG do you want? Warsaw Pact mil-spec (like the AMD-65 or Romy), barrel-mount (I've seen 'em), or rail mount? (Again, I would rank them all as relatively easy... ;>)

Maybe you've seen other options. Wouldn't surprise me at all - I sure as heck have NOT seen everything that's available...

;>)

Bob,

Were there any special mods to get the Romainian side folder to work?

None at all - it bolts right on. Takes about one minute. DPH Arms - which I can definitely recommend - includes the two bolts you need (don't know about other suppliers). The folder gives you about the same length of pull as an A1 stock on an AR-15 (I know, because that's what I've got - they match up real nice ;>). Personally, I like it a lot...

Here's my second post with my first conversions.The .410 was first then the .223.I am waiting for thumbhole stocks like Indys for both, so the ones on them now will be changed soon.

100_07921.jpg

100_07911.jpg

100_07891.jpg

I have been reading the post on this site for awhile and think you guys are great.Willing to help newbies out with info and tips, thats awsome.Thanks

• Like 1
Here's my second post with my first conversions.The .410 was first then the .223.I am waiting for thumbhole stocks like Indys for both, so the ones on them now will be changed soon.

Heck, they look great just the way they are! There's a lot to be said for having multiple firearms that 'fit, feel, & function' the same - it really multiplies the effectiveness of any training you do...

;>)

*Shrug*

Just a word of advice from a 'gray-haired-old-fart:' don't ever just "shrug" when it comes to federal law. It only takes one tornado to ruin your life. Now, tornados may be random events, but that doesn't mean one won't hit you before dinner tonight (or maybe even before lunch - especially if you post a 'want ad' on the internet). Buy the right kind of insurance (can you say, 'extra compliance parts?'), and build a storm cellar (AKA, 'know the law, and keep your receipts & other records'). Take a few simple, inexpensive steps upfront, to make sure you-and-yours do NOT get hurt.

IMHO, if you don't, you're a freaking idiot. You're risking a lot of pain for your family, for no good reason.

Just my opinion (if you disagree, feel free to go 'knock yourself out')...

A belated +1 on this topic. While I was converting, I made sure that the Saiga was never functional until the conversion was complete and (I admit this part might have been a bit of overkill) didn't even open the shipping boxes containing my high-cap mags until the conversion was done. This way, I can truthfully say that the gun was never usable (let alone used) between being a stock Saiga and being a 922r-compliant rifle and that the assembled "work in progress" never had more than 10 foreign parts during the conversion. Anal, yes, but I prefer to proactively avoid potential problems than merely hope that they don't occur.

Anal, yes, but I prefer to proactively avoid potential problems than merely hope that they don't occur.

Actually, I would just call it 'being careful.' The laws may be stupid, but they haven't been repealed yet. In my opinion, absolutely no one needs unnecessary problems with the Feds - period...

100_07921.jpg

100_07911.jpg

100_07891.jpg

I have been reading the post on this site for awhile and think you guys are great.Willing to help newbies out with info and tips, thats awsome.Thanks

Beautiful Shotty & Rifle. I love the stock you have on that .223. Should throw a wood fore-end on that .410.

Edited by Pyzik

Some guys asked about the paint I used, sorry for the delay. It is Krylon Fusion, Khaki color. So far it is looking durable. With this type paint don't get in a hurry to put the firearm back into service after painting. Although per the instructions, you can handle the item in about an hour, full cure is 7 days. Go longer as I could still smell the paint after 10+ days, so I waited two weeks.

Go longer as I could still smell the paint after 10+ days, so I waited two weeks.

'Mr. Heat Gun' might be your friend. I'm not sure, but just maybe (IMHO, etc., etc.)...

;>)