Picture Post ,Lets see your .223!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

most of these pics are of guns that have been converted with trigger mod and pisol anyone have any republick of KALIFORIA rifles modded form stock maybey with BATTLE G3 furniture?

I lust after these conversions!!!! but id have to do a perm/non detach magazine and i dont thik its feasable with this gun to do that

most of these pics are of guns that have been converted with trigger mod and pisol anyone have any republick of KALIFORIA rifles modded form stock maybey with BATTLE G3 furniture?

I lust after these conversions!!!! but id have to do a perm/non detach magazine and i dont thik its feasable with this gun to do that

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=16768

Updated pics of my Saiga .223 with Tromix Shark brake. :devil: DAMN that thing's loud! Definately better control now though.

post-1293-1178295468_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1178295482_thumb.jpg

Nice, so you can get the Shark Break for the .223 gotta get one of those. I would display my Saiga .223 but its only at stock set-up now. Will be making modifications soon though.

The Punisher

...i was hoping peple would post their pics if any......

A much better idea, Compadre! Any one have any pics of Kalifornia-legal Saigas?

Head's up - I would understand (having lived in Kalifornia for 20 years) if you don't want to post, because I remember when the freaking-dumb-@ss State officials reversed course 180 degrees on one of the SKS variants, and expected the State's law-abiding gun owners to 'suck it up,' and cover the sorry Kalifornia bureaucrats' ignorant @sses.

However, if you have any 'theories' regarding Kalifornia-legal Saigas, please feel free to post 'theoretical' photos, if you are comfortable doing so...

FYI, and FWIW,,,

• 2 weeks later...
Couldn't the Ak gas system be converted to a captured system like that of a FAL or SKS for conversion to stripper clips?

Obviously you would have to go to a gas piston that was not connected to the bolt carrier (as you suggested, by referencing the FAL). That would also (I presume) mean adding a return spring to the piston. The conversion does not look impossible, by any means (IMHO, FWIW), and it might help out folks in 'Blue States' like the PRK. They could then use a "stripper clip" action cover (ala 'Canadian FAL') to keep the D@mocrats happy - for a while, at least...

Thanks for posting the idea!

;>)

You're very welcome. Even though I live in Florida, I may consider taking that conversion on with one of my buids. Seems pretty straight forward, put a sleeve in the rear sight housing to retain the spring, add some kind of locking mechanism to the gas tube for said spring to hold it when field stripping, cut the top of the carrier back to the forwad most position of the bolt so the rotating cam still work, with a relief in the sleeve to accomadate this (a custom piston may very well be needed). Take a stripper clip guide of your choice, after cutting the top cover ejection port open enough for the ver top to be exposed, and weld in only enough of the guide to support the clip, relieve the rear of the magazine to allow the clip to rest in it. I'm sure there's more to it, but that's sounds like a good start.

And I swear I'll get pics of my recently acquired up here once I get her modified, and definitely pics of a Cali legal AK when I get that far ahead.

Edited by jimmy_stikx

ok finally got puter to cooperate so heres some crappy cell pics of my 223 looks much better in person cell dosent take very good pic neither do i. enlarge and display in full quality shows them much better. post-1742-1180572910_thumb.jpg black furny before desert tan digital top coat.

post-1742-1180573079_thumb.jpg

post-1742-1180573243_thumb.jpg

post-1742-1180573443_thumb.jpg

post-1742-1180573758_thumb.jpg

Edited by devin_c1
ok finally got puter to cooperate so heres some crappy cell pics of my 223 looks much better in person cell dosent take very good pic neither do i. enlarge and display in full quality shows them much better. post-1742-1180572910_thumb.jpg black furny before desert tan digital top coat.

Whoa, I love what you've done the forends!

• 3 weeks later...
Here' my .223.

post-6665-1182957846_thumb.jpg

What do you think about that stock? I was thinking of getting one.

I like the stock a lot. The grip isn't as long from front to back as it might look and the trigger reach is fine. I have larger hands but I can see that it would be fine for those with medium to smaller hands. The quality of the stock is high. The cheekpiece is very durable covered with a material that should hold up extremely well. It does position my line of sight well above the stock sights, but it's fine for a red dot, or, it can be rotated out of the way for iron sights. The length of the stock is fine, on the shorter side, but fine. I'll look at how it compares with the factory stocks and report back if there is a big difference.

Installing the stock is a snap. Three screws are removed and the old stock is removed. Two pilot holes are drilled into the new stock and it is slipped back on with two screws replaced. It's a Russian factory part replacing a Russian factory part, so there are no 922 issues. I bought one of mine (I have them on a .223 and a .308) from Gilberts for $75 and another for $60 from a Saiga Forum member. While my Saiga 20 is stock right now I might go with one some time down the road, or when I can get a deal on one used.