Picture Post ,Lets see your .223!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

This is a work in progress. I had an idea to put the S-12 HG on a .223,and Dinzag made it happen. He made a block for the rear,and barrel clamp for the front,and it is rock solid! The HG needed to be cut to make room for the Ultimak gas tube,vented and Dura-coated,and thats where Devin came in.

These guys kick ass! I still have to send the rest of the gun, and mags to Devin to Duracoate. GIVE THESE GUYS YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!

post-1936-1184975037_thumb.jpg

post-1936-1184975073_thumb.jpg

post-1936-1184975106_thumb.jpg

post-1936-1184975144_thumb.jpg

post-1936-1184975212_thumb.jpg

Plus I'm on a waiting list for this stock,the folder is just a temp.

post-1936-1184975935.jpg

:lol: I should take a pic of whats in the safe,I should be using that 223 as a kick stand to hold the door open. Just kidding about the .223,although its one of the cheaper guns in there,I friggen love how its coming around. If i did'nt just put a new DPMS bull 20 in there it would be my new favorite.

gun=$235.00

Bushmaster 5.5'' flash hider=$16.00

Ultimak gastube=$98.00

S-12 HG=$40.00

Crapco folder=$20.00

Galil grip=$20.00

Berhyl scope rail=$75.00

I did the conversion myself,and traded for some work. I don't know how much the final will be with Devin,but he has a few of my dollars.

I need to finish the Duracoat,and have Devin take some material off the scope rail. Last thing is an Eotech,DSA stock and shes all done.

p7280088wi2.th.jpg

p7280092al6.th.jpg

fullpkasfixedkb6.th.jpg

fixedbaremw2.th.jpg

foldedpkasxk2.th.jpg

allyugoyu4.th.jpg

foldedfulljs7.th.jpg

foldedpsopuo4.th.jpg

This rifle is still under construction. I need to bring it up to a friend to have the holes tig welded closed and the trigger gaurd welded. Then I can rivet in the AMD folder trunnion. Still need to press of the gas block and fsb to install the lower handgaurd retainer. I'm got a Yugo FSB and rear sight that I will install with some new tritium tubes.

Everything will be blasted and coated with flat black Norrels Moly Resin.

Pistol grip is a US made Yugo pattern grip from Copes. Foregrip is a Yugo with right side thumb groove added, top front protrusion ground down, and angle changed to be slightly more verticle. Trigger is RSA adjustable, ground just enough to work with bolt hold open. Gas piston is a modified Tapco piece. Folding stock and lower handgaurd are Hungarian AMD 65.

Magazines are unmodified Bulgarian, Polish and Yugoslavian 5.56 nato mags.

I can't decide how short to cut the barrel.

Leaving it at 20" gives the most velocity and is the easiest, would look sweet with a psl, tabuk or M95 flash hider

18" is super cool to all the spr AR15 types, must be a reason

16", threaded with a thread protector, legal short, good compromise

14ish with perm M95 flash hider, pain in the butt but handy and cool.

Edited by Aloxite

My Saiga, my buddies love it too, I took some HSM 5.56 NATO out today and we laid waste to a party balloon helium tank... I should get a picture of that.. I also whacked the tank out at 167 feet with my S&W 9mm.. thought I couldn't do it but I did.. :haha:

Hpim1042.jpgHpim1043.jpg

Saigaparts1.jpg5USparts.jpg

Hpim1336.jpg

The drum was a 120 round 5.56 Nato AR-15 drum. (Chinese back loading)

I hacked that AR-15 TomFoolery off of there.

I also hacked up a Sar-3 (or whatevr that Romy 5.56 rifle is) 10 round mag, looks like DDR wieger but poorer quality looking.

It isn't yet welded together.

I think I can get the drum another 1/2" higher. I want it as close to the reciever as possible.

I would have prefered to use a Yugo 5.56 mag top, but I couldn't bring myself to destroy a $30 mag.

The Wieger/SAR mags are .060 narrower, than the Bulgy, Polish, Yugo mags I use.

I might end up welding some thin sheet steel to widen it.

Note - These dimpled guns were made on 7.62x39 recievers. I can see the mark they defaced on my rifle.

These rifles should use the wider AK47 thickness 5.56 mags instead of the AK74/Wieger thinner mags.

I don't know anything about non-dimpled guns, but I hear they use thinner mags. No expert.

I'll get some pics of the drum pieces after final grinding, but before welding. Then the finished drum, of course.

Edited by Aloxite
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
ok finally got puter to cooperate so heres some crappy cell pics of my 223 looks much better in person cell dosent take very good pic neither do i. enlarge and display in full quality shows them much better. post-1742-1180572910_thumb.jpg black furny before desert tan digital top coat.

Who did your handguard?