Picture Post ,Lets see your .223!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

post-6921-1210637387_thumb.jpgpost-6921-1210637404_thumb.jpg

post-6921-1210637438_thumb.jpgpost-6921-1210637455_thumb.jpg

Finally finished my S 223 16" conversion except for the final finish which will be Park"d with moly resin or dura coat on top. Spray bomb for now.

It has the following mods:

US piston

US pistol grip

Red Star adj. FCG

US slant break

Russian Plum buttstock, upper and lower handguards

AK47 gas tube, lower handguard retainer, gas block, fsb, cleaning rod, trigger

guard and mag release

800 meter rear sight

Dinzag bullet guide

Muzzle threaded 14 x 1 LH

Russian khaki sling

Edited by loner42
  • Like 1
post-6921-1210637387_thumb.jpgpost-6921-1210637404_thumb.jpg

post-6921-1210637438_thumb.jpgpost-6921-1210637455_thumb.jpg

Finally finished my S 223 16" conversion except for the final finish which will be Park"d with moly resin or dura coat on top. Spray bomb for now.

It has the following mods:

US piston

US pistol grip

Red Star adj. FCG

US slant break

Russian Plum buttstock, upper and lower handguards

AKM gas tube, lower handguard retainer, gas block, fsb, cleaning rod, trigger

guard and mag release

800 meter rear sight

Dinzag bullet guide

Muzzle threaded 14 x 1 LH

Russian khaki sling

Nice looking gun U have there, I see U want to phosphate and paint over it

just a thing if U can do black phos on it, traditional AK look great

on simple black phosphate, the deep black of the phos with the plum furniture

on traditional AK rifles is one of the best looking finish and leave the gun

looking great. Leave the phos suck 10-50 motor oil for a like a week and

man... it will look really good on that gun. For phos use zinc phos and

blackener and U will be never be sorry U did it.

Edited by vjor
  • 1 month later...

Ok, it's getting a little quiet over here on the 223 pic posts. After hemming and hawing for about 8 months about being on the fence with the conversion, I finally decided to get it done last weekend. Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the great info!

Not anything amazingly unique, but I sure am proud for having done it myself! :smoke:

I'm just waitn' for the dpharms phantom flash hider to hit the market to go in front.

post-7380-1214498325_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, the news media has been forecasting the 2nd coming today OR the zombie apocalypse.

Seems we had a small tropical storm hit the coast here, and to listen to the news people, it was gonna go from a tropical storm to a Cat 6 hurricane overnight and raze the whole area.

Not to mention some drama llamas on some other forums with thread titles like this: Houston Prepares for a Genuine SHTF Situation

<YAWN>

The sun is shining here. No zombies. The 4 horsemen seem to have ignored the media.

Anyway, to the point of this post:

What this well dressed Texan wears to the apocalypse (when [and if] it comes):

saiga556_1246.JPG

Here is my addition to the .223 section, Nothing fancy other than a tapco hammer and disconnector as well as gas pistion (not installed yet). I painted the stock and forearm to "resemble" a wood finish.

post-6703-1217970566_thumb.jpg

And with her other sisters

L to R

.410 .223 .762x39 .12

post-6703-1217970661_thumb.jpg

Edited by Superhawk138
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did my "low Budget" conversion today! I love the way the gun looks and feels can't wait to go shoot it!!

I am waiting on a Bushnell Trophy MP Redot.

After looking at all these posts and seeing the finish on my gun after the conversion ( a little scratched up) I am trying to decide which color Duracoat to use or Maybe camo... :unsure:

I also have to figure out the spring placement for the Bho other than that it was a piece of cake, Thanks to the Knowledge on this forum and Dinzag's Conversion parts!

HPIM0498_edited.jpg

HPIM0495_edited.jpg

post-13028-1225075447_thumb.jpg

post-13028-1225075903.jpg

Lets see Those .223's. Lets try and get a picture post going in each of the caliber forums showing your gun and the mods listed.I know alot of newer members like to see what others have done to there guns.Lets keep it imformative with no replys.If you want to ask a guestion or say ooo-ahh email or PM the poster.Hopefull these can one day be stickyed or put in the New Member/Tech section for refurances.I got one going in 7.62x39,12.

post-1029-1165651974_thumb.jpg

post-1029-1165652016_thumb.jpg

USA made stock

Fal type grip

G2 trigger group

Slotted forearm

Kobra red dot sight

Fal flashider

Fal bayonet

Dinzags bullet guide

Modified 30rd Bulgarian waffles & Galil 35rd Orlites

My Saiga .223 Conversion:

Tapco G2 FCG

Tapco T6 Stock with AR PG

CAA Adjustable Cheek Piece

UTG Yugo M70 Quad Rail

Surefire Steel Mag

The UTG M70 quad rail fits perfect...BUT, the lower back portion will not reach the forward part of the receiver. You will have a rather disturbing gap. My remedy to this was to saw off the back portion of my saiga handguard and used it to fill the gap and used the UTG shims that came with the rail. While I was at it, I figured i might as well saw off the forward portion of the saiga handguard and use it as a "retainer"!

post-11264-1225549968_thumb.jpgpost-11264-1225549999_thumb.jpgpost-11264-1225550010_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is my latest. I have a POSP scope for it but haven't painted the mount yet, so it's not on it. I do have my designed AR adapter on it. I ran 200 rds through it today before the rain started. I like a lot!!! Adapter worked flawlessly. It does add about a pound to the rifle as it's made out of steel, but it's right index finger release at the trigger guard drops the mags in a hurry. It just snaps on and off so you can use the origional mags if you want, but I bought 30-30 rnd AR mags at the surplus store for $5 ea, so I won't take it off. They will be available shortly for around $80 ea. if anybody is interested.

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

Here is my latest. I have a POSP scope for it but haven't painted the mount yet, so it's not on it. I do have my designed AR adapter on it. I ran 200 rds through it today before the rain started. I like a lot!!! Adapter worked flawlessly. It does add about a pound to the rifle as it's made out of steel, but it's right index finger release at the trigger guard drops the mags in a hurry. It just snaps on and off so you can use the origional mags if you want, but I bought 30-30 rnd AR mags at the surplus store for $5 ea, so I won't take it off. They will be available shortly for around $80 ea. if anybody is interested.

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

ok I :wub: the home brew mag adapto. but I did not see the mag release? all I need to do now is get of my A$$ and make one.

muttman