Picture Post ,Lets see your .223!

Hey guys and gals, here is my new Saiga all done up nice and pretty. Thank you to all who post on here, reading all of your posts on certain topics helped me immensley, and saved me a ton of time searching for answers! Thanks again!

l_bffd0b2a579049d5adb8a0142cc9b441.jpg

<br>

l_65d85e5324c44892b7fda49274b16208.jpg

<br>

l_4af4c40da22e485fb718378e15b693eb.jpg

Mr_Kill

Edited by Mr. Kill
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

l_bffd0b2a579049d5adb8a0142cc9b441.jpg

<br>

wow useless folded to the side? stock falls right in the way of the trigger?

Actually No, the stock has about a half to one inch gap, which leaves just enough room to handle the grip and trigger. The only thing is, you have to push the stock out just a little bit to hit the safety. Other that, its fine. I love it! I put a scope mount and scope on it too. Very nice. :-D

IMG_6918.jpg

I agree with the wood. I love the feel and quality of it. As for the scope, is there one available that you don't have to remove to clean the gun?

I think this one might work for you: http://www.centerfiresystems.com/picatinny...ai-picrail.aspx

It attaches to your front iron sight so it flips up, which would allow you to remove the dust cover. Some of the mounts that wrap over the gun still allow you to get to most of the internals as well.

My Saiga - I have plans :)

img2761vd6.jpg

Edited by FelixLegion

No point in showing the whole thing here, it's just a plain 20" cheapo, but these pics show how I ventilated the forend. The holes are 3/8" dia., five each side plus one under the gas block. I placed them more for function than aesthetics. The job took me about 90 minutes, including deciding where to put the holes, layout, drilling, and cleaning up the edges with a hobby knife.

post-14677-1229558947_thumb.jpg

post-14677-1229558973_thumb.jpg

Here's the first shots of my new Saiga .223 baby! I cut off the end of the shroud and mounted an M16A1 flash (see my thread). I have a red dot for it, but my low rise KVar clone low rise mount has not arrived. I also cut off the pointy nose of the handguard, exposing the gas block, but leaving enough for the lugs on the back of the block to slide into to stabilize the front. Eventually I will probably drill about 6 to 8 ventilation holes on each side of the upper hand guard.

I used the Tapco T6 Intrafuse 6 position with SAW grip for now. The muzzle is not threaded, either, so I can "un-evil" it if I have to later. I may do a full PG conversion and Galil style Hand guard later. I have half a dozen Tapco "Saiga specific" 30 rounders and a Sure Fire 30 rounder (better magazine, but costs more!).

MySaiga223.jpg

Hopefully I will shoot it with iron sights tomorrow, but I will have to wait until I get back home to Illinois to mount the red dot. :rolleyes:

Edited by imarangemaster

Here's a mostly updated photo of my 'economy' build:

post-3931-1230319618_thumb.jpg)

The fore end, pistol grip, and short muzzle device are new (and it now has a K-VAR 'Warsaw Pact' length 'compliance' stock, which isn't shown - can't find the camera ;>). Additional cost: H&K fore end $10 (local gun show - thanks to Red Jacket for the idea!); PG about $20 mail order; short muzzle device (got tired of that AK-74 thing with it's ear-splitting muzzle blast) also mail order, about $15. I've had the K-VAR butt stock since I originally converted my Saiga - I think it was about $50 as a package with the US-made Russian-style PG I originally used. So, additional cost has been about $45 (and I could obviously sell my old parts to offset that cost, if I could ever find the time).

I especially like the H&K fore end: looks & fits (with a few minor mods) better than the factory Saiga fore end, IMHO, and provides better cooling as well (vents at top along gas tube, & openings at both muzzle & receiver ends).

Compliance parts include muzzle device, hammer, trigger, disconnector, mag follower, mag floor plate, pistol grip, and (not shown) K-VAR US-made butt stock (as I've said in the past, it doesn't hurt to have an extra 'compliance' part or two ;>).

FWIW, for anyone (like me ;>) who's used to AR-15 A-1 length butt stocks, the 'Warsaw Pact' length stocks give you pretty much the same length of pull. Also, FWIW, I'm keeping the military folder for the time (in the not too distant future) when the Democrats reimpose the so-called 'assault weapons' ban...

Edited by Bad Bob
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I might as well post it now, since I opted not to do the mount and red dot, and it is a "finished" project (unless, of course, I do a full PG conversion :smoke: ). It has a Tapco T6 Interfuse with SAW grip, M16A1 flash hider, modified factory handguard length cut and ventilation holes drilled, and Picatinny rail and tactical fore-grip added, along with single point sling. Magazines are Surefire and Pro-Mag Saiga specific 30s.

I LOVE IT!!!!! :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

HGSaiga1.jpg

Well not much to show, just another .223 hey I am not a photographer.

img1238vm9.jpg

img1231mh3.jpg

img1232ib6.jpg

And if you look closely the front post is sticking out a little, the irons have to be zero

just bore and well post a pic of it.

Good looking digi-cam. Very few people can pull off a good, random looking pattern.

Edited by cjive134

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. Just bought a saiga .223 a few days ago. Anyway, i see what looks like a cleaning rod extentending underneath the barrel of some of your rifles. Is that what it is? Where did you get it? Hard to add? Mine came with a brush that doesn't seem to fit on any of my generic cleaning rods as its a female end and all my rods are female end also (he he he no pun intended). I like the idea of having the rod with the rifle.

I had heard that the Galil handguard has the potential to come loose during recoil. I put a small clamp in front of it and tightened it so the retaining piece won't loosen. I will paint it black and put it back on so it won't be so noticable.

Handlebar

Here's mine!

Handlebar, What's the silver gizmo around the barrel in front of the Galil handguard?

BabyDragun.jpg

I christen it, Baby Dragun.

That's sweet! I'll adopt it!

Something about the wood color. I was thinking of adding the russian skeleton stock (which I have) but I'd still be stuck with the rotten trigger. Have you shot this yet? If and when you do, please post results. What scope did you use? I have one with plans to do about the same: Saginov

Thanks,

Frosty

I had heard that the Galil handguard has the potential to come loose during recoil. I put a small clamp in front of it and tightened it so the retaining piece won't loosen. I will paint it black and put it back on so it won't be so noticable.

Handlebar

Here's mine!

Handlebar, What's the silver gizmo around the barrel in front of the Galil handguard?

I had thought of that also. I thought I would drill a hole that engaged a slight notch i'd cut in the barrel and use a roll pin. Mine Galil grip is on the way from Gilberts as we speak. Of course, Having had major shoulder surgery on MoNDAY, i AM OUT OF COMMISSION, ONE ARM taped to my side, lots of pain and lots of drugs. It will be awhile before I can do the PG conversion with the KVAR stuf I got. Pardon my typing. Left handed on Percodan is not very accurate! They though they could do the shoulder orthoscopically, but it was so torn apart, they had to split it open. Ugh!!!

post-8956-1233618796_thumb.jpgHere is mine..still a work in progress AR adapter is next.

Very sweet! It lends tse;f we;; to suretire and fore-grip! Is that an ACOG or BARSKA scope. ACOG are way out of my price range, and I was wondering about the gaulity of the Barska. I am not an Optic snob. SOmetime inexpensive works VERY well. :rolleyes:

post-8956-1233618796_thumb.jpgHere is mine..still a work in progress AR adapter is next.

Very sweet! It lends tse;f we;; to suretire and fore-grip! Is that an ACOG or BARSKA scope. ACOG are way out of my price range, and I was wondering about the gaulity of the Barska. I am not an Optic snob. SOmetime inexpensive works VERY well. :rolleyes:

Nope it's just a cheapo scope nc star mark 3 gunshow special. I have an acog on my duty weapon but I don't own it and I think the taxpayers might frown on me bringing it home.

I have a surefire but that just forward of the front grip is a green laser.