Picture Post ,Lets see your .223!

Saiga .223, Tapco T-6 collapsible stock fixed in one position(thanks NYS), Galil hand guard, Tapco trigger group, Saw grip, MSA AR-15 magazine adapter, cheap rubber armored scope by NcStar.

Very nice build. How do you like the AR Mag adaptor? Did you have to modify the mag well much? I was thinking of getting an adaptor...

I like the adapter quite a bit, actually it is a good way for me to use mags larger than 10 rounds, NYS laws and such as they are allow me to use pre-ban AR mags. There was a lot of grinding to do. If I had been more patent I would have found a gunsmith to do it. If you have a steady hand and plenty of time you can do the grinding yourself. I have had it out to the range once with the adapter. The stock mag still works as it should, one of my AR mags works perfect, some of the others are a little snug. A little massaging and everything should be just fine.

RalphXL

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

Saiga .223, Tapco T-6 collapsible stock fixed in one position(thanks NYS), Galil hand guard, Tapco trigger group, Saw grip, MSA AR-15 magazine adapter, cheap rubber armored scope by NcStar.

Very nice build. How do you like the AR Mag adaptor? Did you have to modify the mag well much? I was thinking of getting an adaptor...

I like the adapter quite a bit, actually it is a good way for me to use mags larger than 10 rounds, NYS laws and such as they are allow me to use pre-ban AR mags. There was a lot of grinding to do. If I had been more patent I would have found a gunsmith to do it. If you have a steady hand and plenty of time you can do the grinding yourself. I have had it out to the range once with the adapter. The stock mag still works as it should, one of my AR mags works perfect, some of the others are a little snug. A little massaging and everything should be just fine.

RalphXL

Very nice indeed. I may have to look into a mag well adaptor. Thanks!

here is my .223 with the pistol grip and handgaurd that I made out of cherry and paduak.
Wow, very nice work on the forend! May I ask why you didn't just convert the FCG and do a tradidtional pistol grip? Edited by gothchick
Gun pr0n! Yummie. lol.

Just finished converting my .223/5.56~ Pretty fun stuff.

The build list:

Converted to Standard AK47 Fire Control Group w/ BHO (SemiAuto Only)

Bolt Carrier- All contact surfaces polished

Bolt - All contact surfaces polished

Reciever Rails - All contact surfaces polished

Fire Control Group - All contact surfaces polished

Trijicon Tritium Front Sight

4 Port Gas Tube

UltiMak Tri Rail Fore End

Falcon Rail Guards x3

Surefire M951 Tactical Light

Surefire LED Upgrade

GG&S Front Sling Adaptor

Blackhawk Tactical Sling

Tapco/ Tromix G2 Single Hook Fire Control Group

Tromix Shepards Crook

Dinzag Flat Trunnion Bullet Guide

Krebs Rail Over Receiver

Eotech 552 Holographic Weapon Sight

YHM Eotech Riser

Eotech FTS 3X Magnifier

CAA Galil Pistol Grip

Tapco Pistol Grip Screw and Bushing

Tapco T6 Collapsible Stock

Tapco T6 Buttpad

Cherokee M4 Cheek Riser

(6) Mags - East German Steel Weiger 30rnds

CAA Mag Coupler

Good God Gothchick, that is some serious hardware! What a great gun! I think the only thing missing is some reactive armor.

Now, can we talk about your avatar picture.........

Still a work in progress. My .223 Saiganov Jr.

Have a beverage now!

:beer:

I like these .223 Dragunov look-alikes. When I find a .223 at a reasonable price I think I'm going to give that a try.

Well, I did do the tapco single hook FCG conversion (single hook seems better than double hook). The stock I bought at a fun show (gun show) for $20. It was missing the top trunion bolt but a trip to Menards and a 6MM x 15MM Socket head bolt and I was dialed in. The next stop will be the muzzle brake and handguards. I was first going to do a .308 but the ammo shortage and costs as well as the higher rifle cost made my mind up to do this. (I'll shoot many more marmots and prairie dogs than elk) I'm sure it will handle Zombies

Just got mine yesterday. Stripped and painted the bottom of the receiver last night, ground the hammer axle tube & put it all together today reusing the factory trigger guard.

post-9800-1241132402_thumb.jpg

I also have a galil forearm but no retainer. :(

Edited by hobbyshooter
  • 2 weeks later...

After a lot of hesitation I went ahead and converted my Saiga .223. Thanks a lot to all the forum members here who helped and especially DamagedWorld and Bounce12.

It was much easier than I thought it would be - I literally have no knowledge or skill with tools and converted this thing in under 2 hours.

I call her "pinko"

TAPCO Warsaw Length Stock

TAPCO AK Pistol Grip

TAPCO G2 FCG

Choate AK handguards

AKM Gas Tube

Dinzag's bolt on lower HG retainer

Receiver underside re-finished with duplicolor 500 engine enamel

Simple, reliable, inexpensive. The way it was meant to be.

post-15286-1242772345_thumb.jpg

post-15286-1242772312_thumb.jpg

post-15286-1242772304_thumb.jpg

Nadia

s223.jpg

Tromix Stock/Folder/Internal Adapter

UTG quad rail

Saw PG

CAA Forward Grip

Tromix Tapco G2

Leapers Red/Green dot (waiting on the larue iron dot, might put my sig mini dot on off my 556)

Vortex flash hider/adapter

AR magwell adapter MSA

AR mag with magpul

180 lumen light / holder

Dust cover with Peep sight + rail

Weighs in at 9.6lbs loaded, a little heavy but very well balanced

Shots about a 2" group with the ocassional flyer

Picked up and fired today. No mods yet, but they are on their way.

Hey, sweet violation of federal law you got there buddy!

Ever heard of 922r?

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

• Like 5

Ever heard of 922r?

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like you.

You didn't add any parts? Hmm? That looks like a fucking 30 round mag hanging out the bottom of that cop magnet to me. YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF 922R. COMPLY. NOW.

Ever heard of 922r?

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like you.

You didn't add any parts? Hmm? That looks like a fucking 30 round mag hanging out the bottom of that cop magnet to me. YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF 922R. COMPLY. NOW.

Thats the way the gun was when I bought it, asshole. Just like I mentioned earlier. No need to call a new gun owner an idiot. And don't type in caps. Its very disrespectful.

• Like 4

Ever heard of 922r?

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magazine and not shooting it. Stop being an asshole, he's going to do the conversion. If you insist on being a child, get the fuck off these forums. I'm sure the admins agree, people like you ruin the experience of owning a Saiga.

Edited by Paladin_Hammer
  • Like 5
Thats the way the gun was when I bought it, asshole. Just like I mentioned earlier. No need to call a new gun owner an idiot. And don't type in caps. Its very disrespectful.

while his attitude is over the top and disrespectful... your ignorance of the law.. and the ignorance the seller exhibited.. is no excuse for violation of the law.. unfortunately your gun IS a BLATANT (and COMMON) violation of federal firearms law.. and your blatant posting of this illegal firearm lessons the over all quality of the forum and further reduces the chances of it being taken as a SERIOUS assembly of LAW ABIDING gun enthusiasts.. your gun in factory form has a low capacity magazine.. going to a high capacity magazine like you have is against the law unless you make other parts adjustments first..i seriously recommend you remove the magazine from your weapon and 1) investigate the additional parts needed to be compliant and purchase them.. OR 2) purchase a factory spec low capacity magazine..

• Like 4

while his attitude is over the top and disrespectful... your ignorance of the law.. and the ignorance the seller exhibited.. is no excuse for violation of the law.. unfortunately your gun IS a BLATANT (and COMMON) violation of federal firearms law.. and your blatant posting of this illegal firearm lessons the over all quality of the forum and further reduces the chances of it being taken as a SERIOUS assembly of LAW ABIDING gun enthusiasts.. your gun in factory form has a low capacity magazine.. going to a high capacity magazine like you have is against the law unless you make other parts adjustments first..i seriously recommend you remove the magazine from your weapon and 1) investigate the additional parts needed to be compliant and purchase them.. OR 2) purchase a factory spec low capacity magazine..

He's getting the parts, and he had that magazine in for nearly no time. Seriously guys, the moment the BATF gives a damn about an unloaded 30 round magazine in a rifle, he'll have a case against them before they do him. Attacking a new guy for a quick photo-op isn't going to bring in members to these forums. Hell, it's probably why the user xbox360 on thehighroad.org refuses to post here. Maybe it's why so many Saiga owners in Kansas City prefer to post on the KCgunTrader forums and not here, even if they've got a converted rifle.

Stop being assholes on the basis of one freaking photo of a new Saiga.

The Pun1sher I'm sorry about the treatment your getting here. We're not all assholes, and I hope you haven't written us off as such.

Edited by Paladin_Hammer
  • Like 2

He's getting the parts, and he had that magazine in for nearly no time. Seriously guys, the moment the BATF gives a damn about an unloaded 30 round magazine in a rifle, he'll have a case against them before they do him. Attacking a new guy for a quick photo-op isn't going to bring in members to these forums. Hell, it's probably why the user xbox360 on thehighroad.org refuses to post here. Maybe it's why so many Saiga owners in Kansas City prefer to post on the KCgunTrader forums and not here, even if they've got a converted rifle.

Stop being asshole on the basis of one freaking photo of a new Saiga.

The Pun1sher I'm sorry about the treatment your getting here. We're not all assholes, and I hope you haven't written us off as such.

thats the problem with the law.. it only takes a SINGLE MOMENT to break it.. in a time where the government is EXTREMELY anti-gun.. i think we as responsible gun owners should give them the LEAST amount of ammunition to use against us..

• Like 2

The problem with the most recent posts is not what has been correctly pointed out about 922r but HOW. Saigafun you indeed have proven yourself an ass, as you claim you have a right to, but that also leads to certain consequences. Your inflammatory response shows no tact, and a disrespect for other forum members, especially a guy with less than a dozen posts. Take an example from Damagedorld, who conveyed the same information in a noninsulting and more neutral tone. This repugnant attitude does nothing towards advancing the growth or perception of this forum. 12345 take a vacation.

While I agree wholehartedly with Tritiums comments and actions above... let me address the rest of what has been posted the past few posts...

Regardless of the length of time the magazine is inserted in the firearm, a crime is being comitted.

If I cut my shotgun barrel down to 15 inches with the intent of welding on a muzzle device in just a few moments it makes ZERO DIFFERENCE!!! The short barreled shotgun was created, and it is ILLEGAL TO MANUFACTURE a normal length shotgun from a SBS!!!

The laws are the laws regardless of how long the crime was comitted for... If I go into a bank and only try to rob it for the length of time it takes someone to take a picture... was I still comitting attempted robbery?!?!?!

IF you people CANNOT ACCEPT that we frown upon blatant violations of the laws posted as images, by all means go back to he high road, or KC Guntrader fourms... We do not need you here. Yes, Paladinhammer, I am talking about YOU.

If you cannot abide by our forum policies, by all means, feel free to not show up here anymore...

:smoke:

The problem with the most recent posts is not what has been correctly pointed out about 922r but HOW. Saigafun you indeed have proven yourself an ass, as you claim you have a right to, but that also leads to certain consequences. Your inflammatory response shows no tact, and a disrespect for other forum members, especially a guy with less than a dozen posts. Take an example from Damagedorld, who conveyed the same information in a noninsulting and more neutral tone. This repugnant attitude does nothing towards advancing the growth or perception of this forum. 12345 take a vacation.

Thanks man... I mean i simply posted a pic, excited about my fresh-out-the-box gun, hoping to get some congrats and maybe some useful info, and i fuckin get flamed to hell. I'm not gonna completely leave the forums because of that ass, but I sure as hell won't be on here as much.

p.s. I have removed the clip THAT CAME WITH THE GUN until I get it in compliance. Yeesh. Ill even remove the old pic if I have to.

• Like 1
The problem with the most recent posts is not what has been correctly pointed out about 922r but HOW. Saigafun you indeed have proven yourself an ass, as you claim you have a right to, but that also leads to certain consequences. Your inflammatory response shows no tact, and a disrespect for other forum members, especially a guy with less than a dozen posts. Take an example from DamagedWorld, who conveyed the same information in a noninsulting and more neutral tone. This repugnant attitude does nothing towards advancing the growth or perception of this forum. 12345 take a vacation.

Thanks man... I mean i simply posted a pic, excited about my fresh-out-the-box gun, hoping to get some congrats and maybe some useful info, and i fuckin get flamed to hell. I'm not gonna completely leave the forums because of that ass, but I sure as hell won't be on here as much.

p.s. I have removed the clip THAT CAME WITH THE GUN until I get it in compliance. Yeesh. Ill even remove the old pic if I have to.

There is a wealth of great info here so don't up up the ship.

The gentleman here will help with all your questions and steer you in the right direction.

Fact is, the internet is wide open and you have to sift out the good from the bad.

On this site there is more good than bad.