Picture Post ,Lets see your .223!

The problem with the most recent posts is not what has been correctly pointed out about 922r but HOW. Saigafun you indeed have proven yourself an ass, as you claim you have a right to, but that also leads to certain consequences. Your inflammatory response shows no tact, and a disrespect for other forum members, especially a guy with less than a dozen posts. Take an example from DamagedWorld, who conveyed the same information in a noninsulting and more neutral tone. This repugnant attitude does nothing towards advancing the growth or perception of this forum. 12345 take a vacation.

Thanks man... I mean i simply posted a pic, excited about my fresh-out-the-box gun, hoping to get some congrats and maybe some useful info, and i fuckin get flamed to hell. I'm not gonna completely leave the forums because of that ass, but I sure as hell won't be on here as much.

p.s. I have removed the clip THAT CAME WITH THE GUN until I get it in compliance. Yeesh. Ill even remove the old pic if I have to.

as much as you fail to realize it at this point.. we gave you VERY useful information..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

Congratulations on your saiga purchase Punisher, What are your plans for the little russian beauty?

btw mine came with a 30rd mag as well and I asked the guy I bought it off of if he knew he was breaking the law and he just looked at me like an Idiot haha

I had about 6 assault riffles before Id even heard of 922, It wasnt untill I started reading on this forum on how to convert my S12

But if you have any questions feel free to PM me, I dont post alot on this forum but Ive converted a handfull of Saigas and Own around 10 Kalashnikovs so I have a pretty good knowledge base and I do all of My own Gunsmithing.

So once again congrats and welcome (to at least the saiga owners club if not this forum)

Punisher

Let this all roll of your back. Now you know, never heard of 922r till I bought my first Saiga.

This site will teach you how and why.

But there are a few that know everything and are not too shy to step on people as they show their wares.

Read and learn and the only stupid question is one that is not asked.....

I thought this thread was for pictures only NOT discussion. Instead of public humiliation I think this could have been taken care in in a PM.....

Maybe new members ought to be directed to "Saiga 922r Compliance / THE LAW" as soon as they sign up ?.?.?.?.?.

Edited by Lakedweller
While I agree wholehartedly with Tritiums comments and actions above... let me address the rest of what has been posted the past few posts...

Regardless of the length of time the magazine is inserted in the firearm, a crime is being comitted.

If I cut my shotgun barrel down to 15 inches with the intent of welding on a muzzle device in just a few moments it makes ZERO DIFFERENCE!!! The short barreled shotgun was created, and it is ILLEGAL TO MANUFACTURE a normal length shotgun from a SBS!!!

The laws are the laws regardless of how long the crime was comitted for... If I go into a bank and only try to rob it for the length of time it takes someone to take a picture... was I still comitting attempted robbery?!?!?!

IF you people CANNOT ACCEPT that we frown upon blatant violations of the laws posted as images, by all means go back to he high road, or KC Guntrader fourms... We do not need you here. Yes, Paladinhammer, I am talking about YOU.

If you cannot abide by our forum policies, by all means, feel free to not show up here anymore...

:smoke:

If cutting off one inch means committing a crime, then how come all the guys who cut their Mini-14's down to 13 inches and then weld a flash hinder onto it to give the legal 16 inch length aren't getting in trouble? Check out Perfectunion, those guys have been doing that for years and not getting in any trouble, even cops post there and don't have a problem with it so long as the firearms are not used whilst in their evolutionary state.

And I'm not advocating the breaking of the law, I'm just saying that you should give our boys in blue a little more credit, they do have the capacity for reason and intellect.

For the record, there is no way you could rob a bank in the time it takes to take a picture :rolleyes: .

There is a wealth of great info here so don't up up the ship.

The gentleman here will help with all your questions and steer you in the right direction.

Fact is, the internet is wide open and you have to sift out the good from the bad.

On this site there is more good than bad.

Sometimes I'd say you were trying to pull a fast one on me. Between guys and galls giving new members hell for not converting their rifles ten seconds after it was bought, and others who seek to do nothing but humiliate people for not converting their rifles but rather leaving them stock or using a stock/pistol grip combo unit, the Saiga forums are a far cry from KTOG, PU, THR, SKSboards (and they use the ban button like I use my trigger finger), gunboards, thefiringline, 7.62x54r.net, surplusrifleforum, and sometimes I even wonder if AR-15 and all their bullshit is better than the treatment some people get around here.

No, I'm not speaking on my behalf. I'm speaking for every guy who posted his rifle without any mods or hi-cap magazines. Who's rifles were called "ugly", every guy who used a pistol grip stock and US parts and was called a "newbie", "wannabe", or just generally mocked. And including guys like Punisher who was just made aware of the law and treated like dirt before anyone even said "whoa, hold up man, 922 states you need to have a few American-made parts before you can use that 30 round magazine. Maybe use a US made gas piston? They're 19.99 from Power Custom". People didn't even wait to ask if he had maybe installed a US made gas piston and if his magazine was an American Surefire or Progmag, which given the 3 parts in the magazine and one part for the piston would make that setup legal. That's how I configured mine. Tell me would I treated like dog shit if I posted my Saiga? It looks stock, but it's got enough US parts to be legal with its thirties.

Edited by Paladin_Hammer

everyone is pretty hyped up about that federal gun law 922 bs ... don't you guys know that gun control is a crime in itself?

haha seriously though ... take it easy ... admin shoulda just removed the pic and pm'd the poster but instead you guys leave evidence laying around haha ...

... admin shoulda just removed the pic and pm'd the poster but instead you guys leave evidence laying around haha ...

Believe it or not there may or may not be a moderator on the forum 24/7. When I became aware there were already numerous posts subsequent to the pic being posted. Could all this be wiped out? Maybe, but personally I feel the two lessons learned by leaving it here (1- 922r info; 2- don't be an asshole) outweigh burying the posts. Why wouldn't the first member who noted the pic just PM the poster himself instead of being a jerk?

eh .. good point ... lets stop talking about it and post more pics to express our 2nd amendment rights (that of course comply with federal law 922r regulating the configuration of imported semi automatic assault weapons as previously mentioned).

Ahhhh freedom ... as prescribed by our benevolent leaders in washington in small doses.

• 2 weeks later...
eh .. good point ... lets stop talking about it and post more pics to express our 2nd amendment rights (that of course comply with federal law 922r regulating the configuration of imported semi automatic assault weapons as previously mentioned).

Howdy from Texas! Mad Rat's version of "Come and Take it!" attitude and Second Amendment rights!! See "Saiga on a budget" post for the specifics. Now, If I could only decide.....if i had to grab just one gun and go, which would it be?

post-18135-1243976444_thumb.jpg :unsure:

.....hmmmm...which is my favorite?

post-18135-1243976465_thumb.jpg :unsure:

.....hmmmm.......maybe the wife could grab the .30 carbine!!

post-18135-1243976482_thumb.jpg :wub:

PS Laser has since been mounted to scope with .22 Weaver mount. It stuck out too far to carry with sling.

Mad Rat, USAF (Ret.)

cometake.jpg

My sh*t creek paddle. Complete with all the tapco goodies. Converting was a breeze for the most part. Really enjoyed this one. Its my first time owning a saiga. Shoots and handles like a dream. Didn't care for the feel of the handguard so I roughed her up a little and it came out good.

IMG_0784.jpg

No, I'm not speaking on my behalf. I'm speaking for every guy who posted his rifle without any mods or hi-cap magazines. Who's rifles were called "ugly", every guy who used a pistol grip stock and US parts and was called a "newbie", "wannabe", or just generally mocked. And including guys like Punisher who was just made aware of the law and treated like dirt before anyone even said "whoa, hold up man, 922 states you need to have a few American-made parts before you can use that 30 round magazine. Maybe use a US made gas piston? They're 19.99 from Power Custom". People didn't even wait to ask if he had maybe installed a US made gas piston and if his magazine was an American Surefire or Progmag, which given the 3 parts in the magazine and one part for the piston would make that setup legal. That's how I configured mine. Tell me would I treated like dog shit if I posted my Saiga? It looks stock, but it's got enough US parts to be legal with its thirties.

Paladin:> No ones calling you a dullard because you can't use simple tools to convert your saiga. No one is calling you a fu*king idiot because you choose to drape your gear in low end plastic $hit. No one is calling you ignorant for your blatant disregard for US law. So why are you so angry? :haha:

• Like 2

Paladin:> No ones calling you a dullard because you can't use simple tools to convert your saiga. No one is calling you a fu*king idiot because you choose to drape your gear in low end plastic $hit. No one is calling you ignorant for your blatant disregard for US law. So why are you so angry? :haha:

Like the first sentence says, I'm not speaking on my behalf. I'm speaking up for the guys who come here and get slammed by the community for simply being new, or liking their stock Saiga's. Just look around, it's a common phenomenon here that needs to be stopped.

Got the bipod this weekend and figured I would post in the "show me" thread. I still want to add a single point sling and some optics.

Mods include:

CAA 6 point adjustable buttstock

CAA adjustable cheek piece

CAA pistol grip

Tapco G2 FCG - All contacting surfaces polished.

Surefire 30rd. Magazines

Surefire forearm

CAA Bi-pod

edit to add before and after image

post-15138-1245080072_thumb.jpg

post-15138-1245177622_thumb.jpg

Edited by DaveM
My latest build, urban/tactical focus hence the TAP ammo. When I get the funds I plan on upgrading to an EOtech.

Koooool!

What does conversion to that level cost????

Tapco G-2 $35

Tapco SAW grip $25

Pistol Grip Nut $10

Retaining wire $4

Tapco T6 $49

CAA Collapsible Picatinny Rail $18

CAA Adjustable Cheek Rest $30

CAA Shorty Grip $20

UTG Foregrip $90

A2 USA birdcage flash hider $10

Crush Washer $3

Truglo reddot $50

Arsenal 5.56 30rd mag $32

Misc 1" scope ring $5

Streamlight PolyTac C4 LED Lithium $40

Shipping $45

Home made bullet guide (metal stock) $5

Total $471+Gun ($400ish) so about $850

I also threaded the barrel myself so that is not included, but you could easily just use the DPH phantom hider instead of the A2

Still quite a bit cheaper than a stock AR15 and a lot nicer looking......

Looks very functional......

Maybe later I will blow mine out in a similar fashion ....... At this time my conversion is basic .....

Good job

Edited by Lakedweller
Thanks! I think the saiga 223 is an awesome platform cause all the parts are over built for 7.62x39, and one like this can do everthing and more than an AR can :-D.

Hey, I thought only us AR guys used "platform" to describe our guns! :huh:

Nice"sticks"!

buckmeister

I bought a SureFire 30 rd magazine the other day at On Target, along with a side mount dual rail scope mount. The SureFire says "Made in U.S.A." but it is illegal to use it? Is not a USA made magazine, with floor plate, follower, and body counted as 3 replacement US parts? That would replace 3 Russian made parts, correct?

Edited by Darth AkSarBen

Latest conversion, all work done by me. Still some work needed on the buttstock and I still need to refinish the whole gun and stain the furniture a deeper red:

Bulgarian FSB

Bulgarian MB

Modified Polish Tantal GB

Red Star Arms FCG

AK Builder gas piston

Reproduction AK-74 furniture (1976 era minus the pistol grip. Correct PG on the way)

IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2012.jpg

Edited by AEnemaBay
Latest conversion, all work done by me. Still some work needed on the buttstock and I still need to refinish the whole gun and stain the furniture a deeper red:

Bulgarian FSB

Bulgarian MB

Modified Polish Tantal GB

Red Star Arms FCG

AK Builder gas piston

Reproduction AK-74 furniture (1976 era minus the pistol grip. Correct PG on the way)

IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2012.jpg

Good work! Id keep the furniture in that color scheme. Its like the soviet naval infantry 74's. Looks great.