2011-02-10182018.jpg?t=1297384193

2011-02-10181951.jpg?t=1297384230

2011-02-10182032.jpg?t=1297384230

2011-02-10182044.jpg?t=1297384230

2011-02-10182057.jpg?t=1297384230

2011-02-10182108.jpg?t=1297384230

Here's what it used to look like...

2010-09-18115447.jpg?t=1297384230

Kinda miss the hybrid look it had but I REALLY like having a vertical foregrip. The light probably won't always be on there but for the moment why not? Other than that, a

G3 style rotating drum rear sight will be mounted on the dust cover very soon...may not be the most stable rear peep option out there but I'm positive it should make my

groups tighter than what they are, and it looks great :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

Did you have issues with commercial v mil spec in regards to the tube extension and the Magpul stock? Nice rifle.

None whatsoever...I just bought the MOE stock/CAA tube kit from CSS and it all fit together perfectly, and feels and handles great. I had the tapco t6 before it and must say it is a VAST upgrade, and is very solid. Thanks btw...

So I just converted my .223 and i bought this pistol grip from carolina shooters as an upgrade (rip off)... the green on this grip doesn't match my tapco buttstock and foregrip. So my next choice would be the Hogue because I like the rubberized feel

saiga1.jpg

So my question is... will the Hogue OD green match the rest of my furniture?

Thanks guys

Edited by Impartial

Not to be snide, but I'd worry more about the unpainted portion of the receiver, instead of how things match up. :rolleyes:

That being said, I'd stick with who made the rest of the furniture (tapco)for a grip - if you're dead set on matching. Otherwise go with the black hogue and it won't matter. I'm a big fan of the Ergo, which is also rubberized as another option.

Edited by BigfootHunter

Ok so I did a bit more work .. .removed those ugly binding posts and replace with some hex screws. Did that bit of painting underneath and I came out with this... like I said before though the pistol grip is probably going to be changed out for something with matching color.

saiga.jpg

With the scope on....

withscope.jpg

And painted underneath

under.jpg

I got a different pistol grip though ... that green just didn't match too well... ok now I'm all set on my .223 ... next the .308!

withammo.jpg

Edited by Impartial

Did you have issues with commercial v mil spec in regards to the tube extension and the Magpul stock? Nice rifle.

None whatsoever...I just bought the MOE stock/CAA tube kit from CSS and it all fit together perfectly, and feels and handles great. I had the tapco t6 before it and must say it is a VAST upgrade, and is very solid. Thanks btw...

damn...

i bought the tube/ctr combo from CSS and mine has quite a bit of wiggle in it. Thought that was just the way of the world until my buddy put one on his AR and the CTR locks in rock solid.

So I just converted my .223 and i bought this pistol grip from carolina shooters as an upgrade (rip off)... the green on this grip doesn't match my tapco buttstock and foregrip. So my next choice would be the Hogue because I like the rubberized feel

saiga1.jpg

So my question is... will the Hogue OD green match the rest of my furniture?

Thanks guys

Its not as green as the one you have but its not as dull as the tapco furniture either. I have a kvar stock and tapco handguard... the grip matches the kvar stock perfectly but the HG looks kind of shitty on it. There is a pic of my .308 setup on the previous page that shows it. The picture is kind of dull though.

BTW, my .223 now:

dsc0020dh.jpg

Edited by cfortune

Its not as green as the one you have but its not as dull as the tapco furniture either. I have a kvar stock and tapco handguard... the grip matches the kvar stock perfectly but the HG looks kind of shitty on it. There is a pic of my .308 setup on the previous page that shows it. The picture is kind of dull though.

BTW, my .223 now:

dsc0020dh.jpg

Looks Good.

How do you like that rear rail? How well is it holding zero?

I had seen it on another website for sale, I was curious how well it would hold up as well as ease to disasemble.

BTW, my .223 now:

dsc0020dh.jpg

Looks Good.

How do you like that rear rail? How well is it holding zero?

I had seen it on another website for sale, I was curious how well it would hold up as well as ease to disasemble.

I haven't been shooting since i got it on there :(.

There is a pretty large post on www.ak47.net regarding it:

http://www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=56&t=111659&page=49

Its pretty easy to take off and on and has no problems flipping up.

Edited by cfortune

Here's my Saiga .223

post-32300-0-96778800-1299950817_thumb.jpg

Compliance parts include US Tapco G2 FCG, US made 24mm AK-74 style muzzle break, and US Tapco Galil .223 magazines.

The Tapco Galil magazines function perfectly well in this rifle.

Other parts include Dinzag bullet guide & bolt on lower handguard retainer, surplus Bulgarian wooden stock and handguards, gas tube ,and front sight block, surplus bakelite pistol grip, surplus East German 1000 meter rear sight, and surplus West German G3 leather sling.

I dd the conversion myself and it was simple and fun to do. The rifle is fun to shoot as well.

Looks great. How 'bout a materials list.

Dallas

Thanks man, here is the parts list:

G2 trigger conversion kit w/ Hogue pistol grip

Magpul MOE stock

CCA AK specific 6 position buffer tube

MI handguard

foldable front grip (being replaced with Magpul RVG)

30 round SGM magazines.........and i think that's it. (for now)

Edited by MrSaiga223

haha no suppressor, i wish though. it's the levang comp. I couldn't tell much difference in recoil or muzzle rise but it's a huge difference in the flash and concussion making for quick follow up shots. plus it's always nice to have the crown of the barrel protected cause i'm pretty rough on this rifle

it's the utg quick release. i had to dremel off a bit of the rail so the eyepiece of the scope could fit without having to get higher rings. after that i went a little crazy with some krylon, but i like the way it turned out. plus the side rail on the scope mount works great for mounting a flashlight without spending extra money on a foregrip with rails.