Picture Post ,Lets see your .223!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

Pyzik, you caused me to buy a Beryl folder. It's really comfortable. Only PITA was finding/modding the metric screws.

LTVei.jpg

D6SM2.jpg

OY5mg.jpg

My Beryl folder took a No. 10-32 stainless cap screw no problem. It would have also taken a 5M-.8 reasonably well. My guess is that the correct screw is the 5M-.7 which nobody sells.

Which BTW that is a nice looking rifle. How did you get the leather retaining collar on the sling? I couldn't figure out how to get it on after threading the sling through the rear loop.

Edited by Jaba1017

.223 with Beryl stock and mags. 922r compliant with US base plate on mags.

...Snip...

Very nice!

Thanks. I like the forend you put on yours. I might add that. With my 7.62x39 I found the stock forend to improve accuracy. But the standard AK short forend would allow more heat dissipation from the gas block. I'm finding that with the rate I squeeze off rounds on the .223 I'm pushing the heat dissipating capacity of the stock handguard. I'm also exhausting my .223 ammo supply. But the Beryl .223 Saiga is a fun little rig.

Which BTW that is a nice looking rifle. How did you get the leather retaining collar on the sling? I couldn't figure out how to get it on after threading the sling through the rear loop.

Thanks.. You just have to carefully slip & twist the front clip of the sling through the leather loop. Some are tighter than others, but t will fit. If yours is really tight, just leave it out in the sun for a bit before you do it. You should never have to pass the buckle through the leather loop - it goes on at the clip end, then you loop the clip back through the buckle.

Edited by mancat

Thanks. I like the forend you put on yours. I might add that. With my 7.62x39 I found the stock forend to improve accuracy. But the standard AK short forend would allow more heat dissipation from the gas block. I'm finding that with the rate I squeeze off rounds on the .223 I'm pushing the heat dissipating capacity of the stock handguard. I'm also exhausting my .223 ammo supply. But the Beryl .223 Saiga is a fun little rig.

Yeah, I like this handguard much better than the stock, but eventually I want to put on a US Palm or similar with an Ultimak.

Just FYI, I have had Dinzag's Bolt On hanguard retainer on my rifle for about four years without a single problem.

Took a look at this thread, realized I never posted the paint.

Here ya go... With a new PA MD-10 on top of the UltimAK.

post-20073-0-30340000-1334287421_thumb.jpg

She fights with her "little" sister for magazines, but she's the queen.

post-20073-0-83737300-1334287528_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Bohound, I love your rifle. Yesterday I searched all your posts and dug through to find all your pics. (That kinda sounds creepy now that I have typed it ph34r.png lol)

My wife has a net like laundry bag I have been eye-balling trying to decide whether to keep my rifle black or give it that snake skin look...

Hello all!

This is my first post, and I wanted it to be a chance to show my new baby. I have never built a stock for a rifle, so it was an adventure, but fun as all hell!

Wanted to keep it 922r compliant, California legal and beautiful. So I went with a mock monte carlo stock (should be cali legal, thumb rests above the top of the trigger and is neither a thumbhole nor a PG). Let me know what you think!

-Just finished cutting, carving, shaping, sanding, and fitting it to the reciever.

gallery_41819_945_528092.jpg

- 2 coats of red/burgundy mahogany stain and 2 coats of polyurathane.

gallery_41819_945_1141570.jpg

Ported, resculpted hand guard (its the original). I plan on making a wooden on from the same cut of wood as the stock.

gallery_41819_945_664865.jpg

And here is my final outcome...

gallery_41819_945_433595.jpg

gallery_41819_945_533050.jpg

Again, this was my first attempt. I plan on making another stock from the same wood for a 7.62 model. The handguard is rough, I know. It was more or less a test run before I start making a similar one out of high quality wood.

• Like 5

Bohound, I love your rifle. Yesterday I searched all your posts and dug through to find all your pics. (That kinda sounds creepy now that I have typed it ph34r.png lol)

Yes. You are a creepy stalker. Seek help immediately. biggrin.png

My wife has a net like laundry bag I have been eye-balling trying to decide whether to keep my rifle black or give it that snake skin look...

Edited by bohound

I think I'd skip the buttpiece Pyzik, but that's just me... The rest looks really great! Of course, you'll have to find a matching shade of paracord for when you paint the rifle! LOL.

Lingerie laundry bags work best, FYI. Your wife needs a new one anyway, doesn't she? ;)

• Like 1

I think I'd skip the buttpiece Pyzik, but that's just me... The rest looks really great! Of course, you'll have to find a matching shade of paracord for when you paint the rifle! LOL.

Lingerie laundry bags work best, FYI. Your wife needs a new one anyway, doesn't she? wink.png

LOL She has three! Yeah, I couldn't figure out how to keep the cord in place with out the but piece...

Oh, and I picked up some tan & dark green cord in prep for painting!

zip ties, "twistie" ties... I've used both. Mechanic's wire works too... DON'T remove the net until the coat of paint is pretty much dry. It should be more of a "peel" off, not a pull off... You'll see... Practice on an ammo can or something a few times until you get the desired effect. I found it works best to just CUT THE NET bag, and wrap in one layer, not multiple layers. Of course, you'll have to tinker to see what works best for you. Try to make the net conform to the shape of the rifle as much as possible though...

You can ALWAYS add more of one color... Go slow on the topcoat. Good luck!

Edited by bohound
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice long barrel josey88. I've been wanting to set one up just like that for a while. Everytime I find one I have no money and when I have no money I find one.wet_eyes.gif

Thanks... accurate too. It is at 100 meters as accurate as my AR-15 , that is, 1 to 2 inches grouping, consistently , with Wolf 75gr ammo and Silver Bear 62gr. I haven`t try it at farther distances .

Edited by josey88

So you are in Germany, yes? It was frustrating for me to look through the Saiga owner's manual and see all of the different models available in Europe, but not to us here in the USA. Very nice variant - 20" heavy barrel. I bet that's a really accurate Saiga.

• Like 1