Picture Post ,Lets see your .223!

These are my semi-auto rifles :

left to right : AR-15 5.56mm NATO with 1 to 7 rifling twist , PSL 7.62x54r , Saiga .223 with 20 inch barrel and D-Technik VZ-58 7.62x39 rifle

I think clicking the pic will enlarge it , hopefully

003-72.jpg

Edited by josey88
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

Finally finished it due to finances.! I dont want to say it , but Im not real happy with tapco mag fit , kinda wobbly. Gun is a tad lighter than the x39er, going today to test fire 500 rds. of commie block ammo, while my buddies shoot their m855 62 gr that they all paid close to 400 a case for.Most of them dont shoot steel case in their AR's.Oh well too bad for them 500 rds cost me 110 at local gun show. This is the basic conversion, w/ Tapco G2 single hook, Hogue grip, ATI aluminum mount and Scorpion butt stock,SGM tri-rail forend. Will decide later on for optic.post-38710-0-55270000-1352036109_thumb.jpg

Edited by RJS 952

Picked up my new Saiga this afternoon. I purchased it already converted from J&G sales. This is my second Saiga and I'm as pleased with it as I am my first. I plan on getting an adapter and use AR mags with it. I'm also considering putting a folding stock on this one.

2012-11-16_17-04-38_180.jpg

Edited by tchick
  • Like 1

Here is a converted .223 that was purchased a couple months ago 280 with mag adapter, rail and 2 mags. Since drilled the handguard and recessed a rail in the bottom for an AFG that I am waiting on. Also added a Bushnell TRS-25, hogue grip, and sling.. Gonna swap out the butt stock at some point just havent found what I want.

IMAG1698.jpg

Edited by dayton525

I'm new to the forum, so I figured I'd share my first conversion, which was made easier by this forum and the wealth of knowledge contained here. Picked up this 2006 .223 Saiga at a local pawn shop for a good price. The hardest part of this whole process was the front end, thanks to the thicker barrel, a whole lot of sanding and measuring.

Before:

IMG_1776.jpg

After:

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1852.jpg

• Like 1

I'm new to the forum, so I figured I'd share my first conversion, which was made easier by this forum and the wealth of knowledge contained here. Picked up this 2006 .223 Saiga at a local pawn shop for a good price. The hardest part of this whole process was the front end, thanks to the thicker barrel, a whole lot of sanding and measuring.

Before:

IMG_1776.jpg

After:

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1852.jpg

Great job. How have your Galil mags functioned so far?

Before:

IMG_1776.jpg

After:

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1852.jpg

Great job. How have your Galil mags functioned so far?

Thanks! The Galil mags work fine, had a few malfunctions with one of the steel mags, but the Tapco's work great. The steel mag also gives me problems with my Galil, I'll get around to fixing it one of these days.

My "newborn" .223 Saiga "as-received" with built-in AR magazine well and LRBHO by Definitive Arms, Tapco stock and PG and "bird cage".

Not pictured: Leatherwood CMR 1-4x red dot is idling, awaiting MI 30mm AK scope.

Planning to put extended Fuglystick vented handguard (3G-style), Hogue PG and likely ACE Skeleton stock.

gallery_28515_747_582917.jpg

gallery_28515_747_142026.jpg

• Like 2

My "newborn" .223 Saiga "as-received" with built-in AR magazine well and LRBHO by Definitive Arms, Tapco stock and PG and "bird cage".

Not pictured: Leatherwood CMR 1-4x red dot is idling, awaiting MI 30mm AK scope.

Planning to put extended Fuglystick vented handguard (3G-style), Hogue PG and likely ACE Skeleton stock.

gallery_28515_747_582917.jpg

gallery_28515_747_142026.jpg

have you though about using chaos front handguard it is awesome!