Picture Post ,Lets see your .223!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

Let's get this thread back on track...

AKAR-DA with added rail and MGRIP.

gallery_28515_747_109958.jpg

I've tried many grips, from vertical to angled, but nothing fits my paws and gripping "shtyle" like this one. And I still have (almost) 8 inch to play with (rail length that is, for wise crackers).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

it would look good with a wood buttstock

I second

I've tried many grips, from vertical to angled, but nothing fits my paws and gripping "shtyle" like this one. And I still have (almost) 8 inch to play with (rail length that is, for wise crackers).

Since you have posted it so much I am going to say "no offense," that rifle actually does nothing for me. Take all that crap off it, I will accept the AR adapter and the scope "barely." But hey, different strokes for different folks...

Since you have posted it so much I am going to say "no offense," that rifle actually does nothing for me. Take all that crap off it, I will accept the AR adapter and the scope "barely." But hey, different strokes for different folks...

I don't think he is looking for you to accept his rifle, AR adapter, or scope. If you do not like it, do not worry, no one cares. "Different strokes for different folks" is implied in all firearm choices, that is why they make more than one type, as we all have our own preferences. I think anyone who takes time and money to create their own project adds diversity and give us new ideas.

The most trite and tired notion among AK and AK variant owners, is that you somehow need to keep or make your AK proper, correct, or original. I think whatever you want to try to do or not do is great and really doesn't effect you or warrant condemnation, in any form. This is America not the Combloc, we don't need to conform, assimilate, or suckle the tit of those who would oppose original ideas.

The classics and originals are great. They have great lines and a lot of great history and personality, I own a few in that form and love them. However, and just as important though, I support all abominations, freaks, and bastard AK's that dare push the envelope and stand out.

Sgt. Raven, and all the other posters, keep up the pics and updates, it is great to see what you all have done!

• Like 3

A friend kept telling me I need wood, so I found some Wasr wood for $5 locally and beat it up & threw it on. The ol' lady was not as impressed as I thought she would be with her name carved in... haha.gif

post-47698-0-38028300-1373838271_thumb.jpg

PS. Wasr wood is shit.

I actually think that looks awesome! The combo of the folding stock and wood, great idea. I love the carving, it looks sweetsuper_man.gif

Edited by Mountain Man
  • Like 1

I second

Think you should have kept this to yourself , Chief .

I second

Think you should have kept this to yourself , Chief .

But I didn't... Chief. I could have kept it to myself but I am sure he is a big boy and is not worried about what I think. what.gif

Edited by jdub23
  • Like 1

post-33094-0-65553500-1374780945_thumb.jpg

Well, after doing up the Veprnov I started rethinking my Saiga 223. The black 6 position stock and Galil hand guard just wasn't doing it for me anymore. I had been thinking about how I might want to rework it for some time, and last week I was at one of my favorite little gun shops. . .There I found a set of what I think was a set of rough sanded Bulgy stocks for $25.00. I jumped on them and went to work with the stain and 5 coats of Tung oil buffing each coat out with 0000 steel wool. Now it looks like it belongs next to the Veprnov. Pretty happy with how she turned out, and she feels a whole lot better shooting.

Edited by liberty -r- death
  • Like 2

what you've got there is a Romanian stock set. looks good.

now, refinish your deck.

Good to know it's Romanian. Thank you very much for the info on it. I don't know my wood.shame.gif

The deck is another thing all together. beaten.gif I like to think of it as rugged patina. haha.gif The long term plan for several years now has been to replace it with a new deck when we reside the house. Now we just have to save for the materials. Kinda tough with one going off to college. Someday it'll get done. Someday. nothing.gif

I just did mine this week. Had to pressure wash it three times and sand it twice to get all of the old finish off and expose the healthy wood. I applied the weather seal on a nice sunny day and ended up with my entire back red as a lobster from sun burn.. Thought I got the sun block back there, guess not sad.png

when it starts to rot I won't try and save it.. I helped a friend build his deck from that composite recycled fake wood.. still looks the same as when we built it almost four years ago. don't know why anyone (especially out here) would build a deck out of real wood nowadays.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

Well I don't have some of the cool mods alot of you have but 3 kids take up alot of my gun $$. All I have at the moment is an Omeg Tactical quad rail, a side mount weaver rail and a BSA Tactical Mil Dot scope. ($49 at Bass Pro, came with an SKS reciever mount and a AR15 rail mount) Plan to add some more off the shelf pieces as well as some custom mods if I can get the help from some local Saiga 12 forum members. Other than that I have to say that I envy as well as respect what alot of you have done and this forum is full of awesome information and ideas.

post-48035-0-26560700-1375661510_thumb.jpg

Edited by sgt1146

Well I don't have some of the cool mods alot of you have but 3 kids take up alot of my gun $$. All I have at the moment is an Omeg Tactical quad rail, a side mount weaver rail and a BSA Tactical Mil Dot scope. ($49 at Bass Pro, came with an SKS reciever mount and a AR15 rail mount) Plan to add some more off the shelf pieces as well as some custom mods if I can get the help from some local Saiga 12 forum members. Other than that I have to say that I envy as well as respect what alot of you have done and this forum is wull of awesome information and ideas.

attachicon.gifmines.jpg

You need a conversion for that bad boy . All that you can possibly need for it , CSS has it .

Edited by josey88

Last upgrade , with the CSS trigger Guard and the Enhanced release magazine installed .

This magazine release is really handy ... and comfortable , too... I can release the magazine with one finger , very easily .

009_zps7f6f6e2a.jpg

005_zps3ed962d9.jpg006_zps353da7e9.jpg

Edited by josey88

Well I don't have some of the cool mods alot of you have but 3 kids take up alot of my gun $$. All I have at the moment is an Omeg Tactical quad rail, a side mount weaver rail and a BSA Tactical Mil Dot scope. ($49 at Bass Pro, came with an SKS reciever mount and a AR15 rail mount) Plan to add some more off the shelf pieces as well as some custom mods if I can get the help from some local Saiga 12 forum members. Other than that I have to say that I envy as well as respect what alot of you have done and this forum is wull of awesome information and ideas.

attachicon.gifmines.jpg

You need a conversion for that bad boy . All that you can possibly need for it , CSS has it .

Yeah I did some research before I joined this sight and they seemed to have some of the best mods. Thinking of a mag adapter but want to lighten the trigger pull after I move the trigger group forward.

• 2 weeks later...

getting the youngin-in-the-womb started early. my wife decided to join me today for a round of pregnant lady target shooting. fortunately there were no other pregnant ladies around for her to hit.

doesn't get more white people than a pregnant woman shooting a gun

gallery_36884_1283_236998.jpg

• Like 2

A palm sander. About 10 layers of tape over the u.s.a stamp. Seem fine to me. I had them in my bench vice to sand them no cracking or warping. There a lot of meet to the walls so I don't think the durability or reliability has been compromised

gallery_33171_687_1405132.jpg

gallery_33171_687_251714.jpg

SAR3 mag is more for show time than go time. They're pretty but don't work, like my ex wife.

gallery_33171_687_106817.jpg

gallery_33171_687_128389.jpg

I bought the MI mount and 1-4.5x optic for my Saiga .308 but the set up works great with the Beryl stock.

gallery_33171_687_608589.jpg

5 shots at 50m at 4.5x largest deviation 1 inch. I didn't bring a range scope and couldn't see the hits beyond 50m to get a zero.

Edited by Jaba1017
  • Like 2

My eldest sending a few down range with my Saiga .223. He was getting real bored shooting his grandfathers Remington 514 .22 as he kept getting pegged with my .223 brass. He loves to shoot!

post-48035-0-37577900-1377719207_thumb.jpg

Edited by sgt1146