Picture Post ,Lets see your .223!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I added a cheap barrel mounted red laser to experiment with. If I like using the laser I may upgrade to a better green one.

IMG_20130828_174006_573.jpg

IMG_20130828_174113_502.jpg

Still can't get over that DA conversion--still working well for you?  The whole package looks decent. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Over 1,000 rds thru it...Runs all  mags... pmags, USGI, Lancer etc...Money well spent...Chase the owner is a great guy to work with, his attention to detail is amazing....

At time of pics, I had not yet installed the MBUS... There on there!!

post-20804-0-48604400-1385664382.jpg

post-20804-0-67271000-1385664404.jpg

Edited by superbee
  • Like 4

Over 1,000 rds thru it...Runs all  mags... pmags, USGI, Lancer etc...Money well spent...Chase the owner is a great guy to work with, his attention to detail is amazing....

At time of pics, I had not yet installed the MBUS... There on there!!

OFS job!

Awesome package: needs higher res pictures and components breakdown.

Im-freakin'-pressive!

Both thumbs up.

P.S. Who did the camo?

Sgt Raven... Thanks!!

12.5" barrel

Fake can..316L SS Made by me..  16.250" OAL

AMD piston

G2

All holes filled/polished by me.

Krebs FSB/GB nickel boron coated..

Definitive Arms AR mag adapter..

Samson rail... cut about 1" off to mate up to can.. Welded cap on end and coped to slide over can...By me...

CSS billet trigger guard..

US palm Battle grip..

Rifle Dynamics AR stock adapter..

Magpul CTR

Safety modified by me..

TWS

Primary Arms micro RDS 1" riser..

Receiver striped and parked by Definitive Arms...

Camo job by me.... Camo Duplicolor, mesh bag, netting material, cleared with flat clear....Still hasn't rubbed off under safety...  Let it dry...Let it dry....  :)

Love this gun!!!

• Like 1

I added a cheap barrel mounted red laser to experiment with. If I like using the laser I may upgrade to a better green one.

IMG_20130828_174006_573.jpg

IMG_20130828_174113_502.jpg

Still can't get over that DA conversion--still working well for you?  The whole package looks decent. 

I haven't put enough rounds through it to consider it broken in. Love the DA conversion.

You guys with the magpul stocks, have you tried any cheek risers for use with optics? I have a Magpul on my 7.62 Saiga and I'm thinking about trying out a cheek riser for use with a Leopold scope to get a better cheek weld.

@ Superbee: (once again) great package and camo job. Thanks for the breakdown: notes taken for my next project.

@ Tchick: Nice and functional set! How's the balance with flashlight (and laser) being mounted up front?

Answering you Magpul stock question: with both mounts (Leatherwood on MI and latest Aimpoint on hacked VOMZ) sitting so low, I'm OK without the riser.

Any higher, and I'd get one; likely 1/2".

The way my stock setup now, I have to jam my cheek against the stock as it is just to use my irons for SHTF.

post-28515-0-72205800-1386173177_thumb.jpg

@ Superbee: (once again) great package and camo job. Thanks for the breakdown: notes taken for my next project.

@ Tchick: Nice and functional set! How's the balance with flashlight (and laser) being mounted up front?

Answering you Magpul stock question: with both mounts (Leatherwood on MI and latest Aimpoint on hacked VOMZ) sitting so low, I'm OK without the riser.

The way my stock setup now, I have to jam my cheek against the stock as it is just to use my irons for SHTF.

why didnt you use rs regulates mount?

why didnt you use rs regulates mount?

Out of my budget, at least at this moment (retail: $120 mount plus $60 for 30 mm adapter).

Wanted to integrate Aimpoint a.s.a.p. for upcoming event.

Paid $29.99 for VOMZ on sale at PA.

Edited by Sgt. Raven

Thanks for the reply. I'll probably try a 1/2" riser. My 7.62 is used primarily for hunting with the scope so being able to use the irons isn't an issue. I'd like to get a TWS cover rail to lower the scope to the lowest possible position but for now I'll try the riser route. I don't really notice the weight of the flashlight and laser.

• 1 month later...