Picture Post ,Lets see your .223!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

So I just converted my .223 and i bought this pistol grip from carolina shooters as an upgrade (rip off)... the green on this grip doesn't match my tapco buttstock and foregrip. So my next choice would be the Hogue because I like the rubberized feel

saiga1.jpg

So my question is... will the Hogue OD green match the rest of my furniture?

Thanks guys

Are you sure you didn't buy the Dark Earth furniture by mistake?

Bought this Saiga .223 Sporter a few weeks ago intending to convert it. I'm not much of a mechanic, so I approached this project with a good deal of trepidation. Aside from a cross-threaded side screw that I had to re-tap and replace, it's turning out about like I wanted it. Still need a few things and pondering whether or not I want to re-install the BHO.post-32293-0-70645200-1302057163_thumb.jpg

Really nice rifles guys i will be getting mine soon but do-not know what furniture to go with yet either original wood or polymer version of original style or go all out and 21st century it.

-HellFire Out

Seeing as how cheap they are, get 2 and make one classic and one tacticool. :)

Well, this beauty is now finished , scope included. I really like the way it came out . I already boresighted at 25 meters so she is ready for the Range at the end of the week to finally zero it at 100 meters . I can`t wait ...

007-28.jpg

002-45.jpg

006-33.jpg

004-37.jpg

009-26.jpg

Edited by josey88

josey88,

Nice work on your Saiag .223 conversion! :super:

Can I ask what kind of scope and mount you're using? Thanks!

Thanks, alaj70 . I am using a Leatherwood`s CMR Tactical scope 1-4x24 on a Kv-04s side mount from K-Var . I had to modify the side mount`s rail by drilling a set of 2 new holes 3/4 inch away from the original holes , so I cut place the scope where I wanted . I also used a set of Weaver extension rings . All this was necessary because the limited length of the side mount rail , which is 5 inches long . The holes were made counterbored like the originals , so the screws are flat on the surface of the rail . It came out perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Here comes my MAGPULNIKOV

When Mikhaïl timofeyevitch's creation enters 21st century

This custom is based on an AK 223 12" barrel

RIMG_3028QR.jpg

RIMG_3027QR.jpg

RIMG_3025QR.jpg

RIMG_3024QR.jpg

I am really impressed! Very nice. I'm curious to know how the cheek-weld is on the conversions using the AR-style collapsible buttstocks? Right now I have a Romy sidefolder on my Saiga conversion but it's a bit awkward as far as cheek-weld's go. With prominant cheek bones, one of my problems with a lot of buttstocks is that I can't comfortably get my eyes low enough to use the irons very well.

here is my saiga 223. upgrades are tapco t6 stock, saw pistol grip, and g2 fire controll group, utg pro quad rail and quick disconnect scope mount, magnolia state armory ar magazine adapter, c-products 20 round magazines, nc star scope, and led wave weapon light

post-32486-0-12991600-1304732500_thumb.jpg

Okay... Saiga .223 restored to proper configuration --

- Custom Dinzag/Tapco G2 Trigger and Sear

- Fire Control Group Retaining Plate

- New trigger guard

- Hogue Monogrip

- Tapco Stubby Foregrip

- Vltor Stock Adapter Tube

- Vltor IMod Stock

- Midwest Industries Quad Rail

- Magpul Ladder Rail Protectors

- Midwest Industries QD Sling Mount

- Viking Tactics VTAC Padded Sling

- Viking Tactics Offset Light Mount

- Streamlight Polytac LED

- SGM Tactical 30 Round Magazine

- Aimpoint CompML3 2MOA Combat Optic

- RS Regulate AKM 30mm Optics Mount

post-22535-0-12122700-1305092541_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If that's not the same MSA adapter posted pretty much all over this board in the .223 section, I must be blind!

Welcome to the club, Axman... You can find that part at several vendor sites, and from the source.

I wasn't sure as there are multiple revisions of the MSA adapter around here, and even though it looked kinda like the one on their website, asking's free. It's like my high school economics teacher used to say, "There are no stupid questions, only inquisitive idiots."

I'm still debating on whether or not to mag adapt. I'm putting together a 3-gun kit and while I can clearly see the benefits of the ar magazine for gaming purposes, I can't help but think maintaining a single manual of arms between my rifle and my shotgun's the way to go. But then I look at the price of Pmags...

That's right Axman- no stupid questions here. Just helping to clarify. As to the adapter, I was on the fence too for a while. Mine's in the mail (I hope) as I type this, so my mind is made up. Once that goes in, my Marion is BUILT. As in "done".

Speaking of which, just installed the UltimAK and PA micro Gen 7. All I can say is: wow. I'll post the final product (with mag adapter, sanded and finished HG, and new paint job) in a week or so.

post-20073-0-40797000-1307396163_thumb.jpg

post-20073-0-44203600-1307396316_thumb.jpg

Edited by bohound

I like the idea of AR ergonomics with the reliable AK action. Sharring mags are also a plus. Id take this over an AR anyday IMO.

But dont get me wrong, I like shooting AR's but I like all my guns to be G2G in a SHTF situation. And I dont have the money to spend on a real high quality AR like the HK416.

Plus I dont mind some weight. I could do without the flashlight though. I plan on doing the same furniture layout and mag adapter but im going to install the tech sights with a front tritium night sight. Im excited to get started. You will see it in about 6 weeks.:killer: