Picture Post ,Lets see your .223!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

I'm almost done... I dremeled my way into this "mess"- My MSA adapter and AR mags functioned flawlessly through a few mag changes/dumps just before this picture was taken (HOT rifle!).

post-20073-0-34127300-1317482945_thumb.jpg

Now for paint on top of that base coat...

• Like 1

I'm almost done... I dremeled my way into this "mess"- My MSA adapter and AR mags functioned flawlessly through a few mag changes/dumps just before this picture was taken (HOT rifle!).

post-20073-0-34127300-1317482945_thumb.jpg

Now for paint on top of that base coat...

Bohound ,

How do you like that MSA adapter so far ? Is it hard to install that bad boy ? Thinking about getting one of those .

• Like 1

Bohound ,

How do you like that MSA adapter so far ? Is it hard to install that bad boy ? Thinking about getting one of those .

In short, it's an outstanding force multiplier. Now I've essentially quadrupled my magazine quantity and made availability a non-issue.

The install was done slowly, with a dremel and a DeWalt 1/4" carbide cutting bit and plenty of oil and plenty of fitting. Used "canned air" to clean it up when needed. I can't say I did the majority of the grinding- the hubby did that for the most part, but I provided moral support! :)

Get one, and never look back. We used mechanic's wire to "safety" wire the roll pins, but other than that it's awesome out of the box!

• Like 1

Bohound ,

In short, it's an outstanding force multiplier. Now I've essentially quadrupled my magazine quantity and made availability a non-issue.

The install was done slowly, with a dremel and a DeWalt 1/4" carbide cutting bit and plenty of oil and plenty of fitting. Used "canned air" to clean it up when needed. I can't say I did the majority of the grinding- the hubby did that for the most part, but I provided moral support! smile.png

Get one, and never look back. We used mechanic's wire to "safety" wire the roll pins, but other than that it's awesome out of the box!

Beautiful . Thanks ! And loving that rifle , by the way !

Edited by Broken-Tengu

Bohound ,

The install was done slowly, with a dremel and a DeWalt 1/4" carbide cutting bit and plenty of oil and plenty of fitting. Used "canned air" to clean it up when needed. I can't say I did the majority of the grinding- the hubby did that for the most part, but I provided moral support! smile.png

Bohound ,

Tell me something . Are you able to work that adaptor if you are a left-handed shooter ? Can the trigger finger on the left hand somehow actuate that mag release ? Please let me know . Thanks .

BT

That would be a heck of a long reach. Still, the unit is ambidextrous. I think the most effective way for a leftie shooter (haha- I'm a lefty that shoots right!) would be to keep the shooting hand on the rifle and actuate the release from the front of the magwell while retaining the magazine. You'll have to devise your own method, but that is what I've used.

• Like 1

That would be a heck of a long reach. Still, the unit is ambidextrous. I think the most effective way for a leftie shooter (haha- I'm a lefty that shoots right!) would be to keep the shooting hand on the rifle and actuate the release from the front of the magwell while retaining the magazine. You'll have to devise your own method, but that is what I've used.

Awesome . Thanks again , Bohound !

Completed my Saiga .223 conversion this week.

- Bulgarian wood refinished in BLO

- Steel Galil 35-round magazines

- Dinzag .223 extended bullet guide and LHG retainer

- Polish gas tube, 1000m sight leaf, and sling

- Tapco G2 (using Saiga hammer)

- Several other Tapco internal bits

Brought it to the range several days ago. Functioned flawlessly through 140rds.

RP3gm.jpg

rsS9F.jpg

QwYyU.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Work in progress.

Magpul MOE on 6-way tube and ACE folder (to the left), Hogue PG, polished Tapco G2 with BHO, "superhacked" MSA adapter with windowed PMAG.

"FuglyStick" handguard next (slash cut); debating on optics (Nikon M223 1-4x or PK-AS).

DSC_1172s.jpg?psid=1

Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Also a work in progress and rough at this point. It's more for function at the moment as my "truck gun" than looks, but I do believe a bullpup rail set courtesy of Boba Debt will make it look a bit cleaner. Also waiting on the left side charging handle system from Nathan Dublin. Using a Renegadebuck adapter and the 60 round quad stack mags work flawlessly so far with brass. Steel seems to be a bit sticky. Could use a recommendation on the preferred muzzle brake/ flash hider.

post-26847-0-69995000-1321850659_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Deacon
  • Like 1

Converted3.jpgConverted2.jpgConverted1.jpg

Post-conversion pictures, I like the look and feel of the relocated trigger group.

Tapco double-hook trigger group

Tapco T-6 collapsible buttstock

Tapco pistol grip

Leapers UTG quad rail foregrip

GripPod GPS02 collapsible grip bipod

Texas Weapons System Gen 1 scope mounting rail

Surefire 30 round magazines

Edited by LarryP

post-37775-0-56221900-1322773887_thumb.jpgpost-37775-0-05005100-1322773879_thumb.jpgpost-37775-0-76847900-1322773858_thumb.jpg

Finished my first conversion last night (.223). Gonna swap out stock w/ something different when I do the hand guard. The tapco looks cool, but feels super cheesy...I do however really like the tapco pg, it feels great. Conversion was SUPER EASY, think my next will be 7.62!!! Cannot wait to get out and shoot this beast with the mods

.anger.gif

How hard is it to do the conversion to the trigger group???? I'm new when it comes to this but I really want to tear into it and try it out. I'm just a little apprehensive.

Also, what is the best trigger group to buy when and if I get the gumption up to do it?

Thanks, Brock