Picture Post ,Lets see your .223!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

Still have to unshroud and thread the barrel, but it's coming along.

Aimpoint Micro H1 2 MOA on Ultimak in modified factory handguard, MSA mag adapter, VLTOR receiver extension, Magpul CTR, and Hogue grip.

I just got the Aimpoint put on and haven't shot it with it yet. I may move it forward a slot at least to give more clearance for the lens covers. I'm not sure why I'd move it any further forward, but I see lots of scout setups with red dots further away, so there must be a reason.

gallery_25847_795_3482883.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

009.jpg008.jpg

"Tacticlean" Saiga .223. CSS kit #6 (warsaw Kvar stock),

Billet trigger guard

Sling loops removed, replaced with sling studs front and rear

MFT "Engage" grip

SGM 30 round mags

Rustoleum "Textured black" paint baked on receiver

Edited by Brian M1

Hi, all. This can be my intro.

I first began shooting about seven years ago when my son joined the Army National Guard. Shortly after that, I built my first bullpup stock, for the SKS. Things have progressed to the point that I wanted an AK to build stocks around, so it was off to my local gun stores to see what was available.

Found this little feller in .223 for a good price and took him home, and off came the cheesy plastic furniture. I had some strips of walnut lying around, so I did a quick layout and here are the first results. The wood had (has) flaws, but everyone who's seen it says that its right in character for an AK anyway.

Enjoy!

KTF

DSCF0151-1.jpg

DSCF01502.jpg

• Like 2

Hi, all. This can be my intro.

I first began shooting about seven years ago when my son joined the Army National Guard. Shortly after that, I built my first bullpup stock, for the SKS. Things have progressed to the point that I wanted an AK to build stocks around, so it was off to my local gun stores to see what was available.

Found this little feller in .223 for a good price and took him home, and off came the cheesy plastic furniture. I had some strips of walnut lying around, so I did a quick layout and here are the first results. The wood had (has) flaws, but everyone who's seen it says that its right in character for an AK anyway.

Enjoy!

KTF

<<<Snipped pics>>>

Very creative. I am curious what your SKS looks like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

gallery_33171_687_142005.jpg

Latest changes to .223 and x39. Decided to go with Warsaw length on the x39 replacing NATO length stock. To me the shorter stock makes the rifle easier to handle and gets the eye closer to the sight. The wood stock also adds weight to the rear giving better balance though the Kvar was lighter. I went with the 3.5 inch compensator on both which brings the barrel length out to 19inches. I wanted to increase my bullet velocity and felt like a little more length would be better suited for my rural surroundings. The compensator provides good recoil reduction while not directing any sound toward the shooter. The rifles actually seem quieter. Haven't had a chance to shoot at dusk to gauge flash reduction.

• Like 1

Changes made to my .223. Replaced with milsurp Bulgarian 74 handguard and stock, new gas tube, and [crudely garage modified 47 lower hg retainer- will refine once I decide to get some JB]. Parts ordered were from APEX Gun Parts' website and I'd have to say I was pretty impressed with the speed of the order.

413184_2072002450164_1619825211_o.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

.223 i got a month ago for 380$, so far it has an ATI fiberforce stock from ebay, Tromix trigger group with crooks pin from CSS.

Future plans rounded bullet guide, couple 30rd preban ak mags, reddot scope w/ side mount, and galil foreend.

Not to be "that guy", but pre-ban .223/5.56 can be expensive and hard to find.

I love my .223 but if I had to buy pre-ban mags I would into a 7.62 or 5.45.

.223 i got a month ago for 380$, so far it has an ATI fiberforce stock from ebay, Tromix trigger group with crooks pin from CSS.

Future plans rounded bullet guide, couple 30rd preban ak mags, reddot scope w/ side mount, and galil foreend.

Not to be "that guy", but pre-ban .223/5.56 can be expensive and hard to find.

I love my .223 but if I had to buy pre-ban mags I would into a 7.62 or 5.45.

understandable, i got the drop on some galil 30rds for 30$, not cheap but better than nothin. Good Ol' NY.
  • Like 1

understandable, i got the drop on some galil 30rds for 30$, not cheap but better than nothin. Good Ol' NY.

$30 isn't that bad as long as they are in good shape. I pay between $25-$30 for my Bulgarians, though they are new, still pretty much the same price.

I didn't even think of pre-ban Galil mags.