Picture Post ,Lets see your .223!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New furniture, working on lightening up the rifle a bit.  7 pounds 14 ounces current weight, might get rid of the 3 point sling as it weighs almost 8 ounces!

post-37431-0-53343600-1402880820_thumb.jpg                                       post-37431-0-61360700-1402880844.jpg

when you start talking about getting rid of the sling to lighten up the rifle, I think you have it about as light as it needs to get

biggrin.png  LOL, I didn't mean no sling at all. Just something lighter, and simpler . When I bought the 3 point sling I thought it was something I was going to need but a standard adjustable sling

should do just fine. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

mrwiggles2004, who threaded your barrel?

I threaded it myself to 1/2x28 with a die and thread alignment tool from CNCW.

Very nice looking rifle. When you do a booster FSB setup like that to get to 16" OAL are you required to weld the FSB on as well or is pinning acceptable so long as the flash hider is welded in place?

• Like 1

ATF regs require either 4x offset tack welds, circumference weld, silver solder, or a blind pin - that is, a pin that is installed and then welded shut, requiring the pin be drilled out rather than removed.

Some get around the "blind pin" trickery by installing a long threaded set screw as the "pin," then welding over it - this way you can drill out the small weld and remove the threaded "pin" without destroying anything.

I can;t answer for him as to what he did, but it's very easy and legal to throw a false booster on and leave the barrel at 16" - I've thought about doing it on one of mine, but I prefer having a functional muzzle device. A bare 16" bbl in .223 flashes too much with most commercial ammo..

This is how a lot of the short-carbine 10x series rifles have been imported.

EVzHT3o.jpg

Edited by mancat
  • 3 weeks later...