Picture Post ,Lets see your .223!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

Saiga .223 with Tapco T6 stock and Intrafuse forearm, rubber rail covers for bottom and side to cover up the unused rails. Side mount 1" light holder with a 86 lumens Scorpion 6 volt light. Just push the button with your thumb when holding the rifle and you get instant "quick" light. Push it in to click and light is on constant. Tapco G2 FCG, and Sure Fire 30 rnd magazine. Side mount scope mount has rail on top and at a 45' on the side. Tuff Force is the mfg. Just clamps right onto the mount on the side. I can still remove the dust cover for cleaning.

post-19094-1247373841_thumb.jpg

post-19094-1247373857_thumb.jpg

Nice looking pair, Sarge!! Now you need to get a .308 and make it a triplet.. *grin*

Saiga .223 with Tapco T6 stock and Intrafuse forearm, rubber rail covers for bottom and side to cover up the unused rails. Side mount 1" light holder with a 86 lumens Scorpion 6 volt light. Just push the button with your thumb when holding the rifle and you get instant "quick" light. Push it in to click and light is on constant. Tapco G2 FCG, and Sure Fire 30 rnd magazine. Side mount scope mount has rail on top and at a 45' on the side. Tuff Force is the mfg. Just clamps right onto the mount on the side. I can still remove the dust cover for cleaning.

post-19094-1247373841_thumb.jpg

post-19094-1247373857_thumb.jpg

Nice looking pair, Sarge!! Now you need to get a .308 and make it a triplet.. *grin*

LOL...I have so many guns it is ridiculous....my biggest problem right now is where to put all these full ammo cans.....

I just ordered the Intrafuse handguard /front grips today for the "twins".....

• 3 weeks later...

thatś my actual setup

14" long, Tapco trigger, copy of Coolie comp., titanium gass piston (shortened 1/8"), lightened bolt carrier (100g include piston), small modification in gassblock

45rd magazines for Molot rifles

post-7346-1249031095_thumb.jpg

Edited by 4mike
thatś my actual setup

14" long, Tapco trigger, copy of Coolie comp., titanium gass piston (shortened 1/8"), lightened bolt carrier (100g include piston), small modification in gassblock

45rd magazines for Molot rifles

First off, that rifle is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

Second, what model of ERGO grip is that?

Third, where can I get a cheek riser like that?

Fourth, what kind of side mount is that?

Fifth, where's your buttstock latch at?

Edited by AEnemaBay
the latch is internal

the stock and riser are russian

What do you mean the latch is internal? The latch should be sticking out of the square hole in the receiver since he has the pin going through the receiver and into the trunnion.

awesome ? thanks for compliment :D

thatś Ergo for AR15 (rubber coated) trimed to fit here

check piece are hand made by me (laminated) stock is original russian collapsible extended by 5/8"

the latch was internal, removed after injury of my thumb :rolleyes:

side mounts: base clip are original russian (from kalinkaoptics) rest is made by EDM from cube of aircraft alluminium

Edited by 4mike

Heya Peeps,

Bought the Saiga .223 from Paul Youngquist, fully satisfied with the purchase. I got the skeletonized stock, or the "dragunov style stock" which I love to death. No plans to convert to a pistol grip configuration. I like the trigger fine the way it is, it's a bit creepy in the first stage, but once the sear is engaged it's crisp like few other rifles I've owned.

I added a UTG 978 side scope mount, Tried my red dot sight on it and that was nice but I wanted magnification and didn't want to absolutely have to rely on batteries. Bought an NC-Star 3-9X42 scope, compact rubber armored, rangefinder reticle, blue illuminated, bullet drop compensator, integral laser sight for$ 155.00 off of Ebay. Nice scope.

Then I put the Galil style foregrip on for 922r compliance when I use the Surefire 30 round magazines I also purchased. I also wanted better cooling. The stock foregrip is kinda nice looking but holds ALL the heat in, there's no vents, and both sides clamp tight against the gas tube. The Galil grip leaves PLENTY of room around the barrel and tube and is open topped.

Also ordered the DPH two piece ak74 style muzzle brake, that doesn't index perfectly without a washer and is a bit loose if you don't screw it all the way against the barrel. In addition it can get a bit off kilter if it's not locked down. I tried various washers and finally settled on a fibrous plasticized washer typically used in sinks and garden hoses I believe, just had it laying around. Not entirely sure if it will stand the heat, but it indexes the threads perfectly and can be clamped down tight for the proper orientation on the muzzle brake.

So here's the pic.

Jeff Waite

aka GIJeff

post-19682-1249780748_thumb.jpg

the rifle have calmer cycle with lightened moving parts, for IPSC itś important

lightened by milling cutter

in action:

Long time lurker, first time poster, complete noob to AK's (just giving y'all fair warning):

I'm wondering if this would work with an AK shooting the 7.62x39. Would it help? Or would the difference be negligible?

the rifle have calmer cycle with lightened moving parts, for IPSC itś important

lightened by milling cutter

in action:

Wow, that rifle didn't move at all when you were shooting it. Hmmm, now I'm considering trying this out on an extra .223 Saiga.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of mods since the conversion; paint, flash hider red dot sight, and cheekrest. Just about have a load worked up for it.

DSCN0576.jpg

Shoulders up very nice.....I'm going to look into a NATO length wood stock and pistol grip in time; Give it the G1 look.....

• 2 weeks later...