Picture Post ,Lets see your .223!

Russmilitary.com 5.45 style MAGS

do you mean 5.56x45 mags? 5.45 are the wrong design and won't feed correctly beyond 10 - 15 rounds. You can find OD green bulgarian mags in 5.56 pretty easily and probably much cheaper than importing from russia.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

Here is my Saiga, first thing I put on her was a UTG quick detachable scope mount with two rails, then this past week "with the aide of a school rebate check" I bought the Saiga skeleton stock and the UTG Quad rail/handguard. The only additions left to obtain are a foldable bipod and foregrip, Im pushing the term sporter rifle to the limits, but hey, there are some nasty varmints out there ;)

post-22795-1265344492306_thumb.jpg

Can't find my good camera right now, but here are a few of the low-res to start.

I messed up the MSA install, it now takes AR mags only or the factory 10(No surefires).

But it hand cycles every thing. Tests will come after the bad weather clears up.

post-20983-12656115011338_thumb.jpg

post-20983-12656115139578_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is my completed Saiga. I liked how it turned out.

Your furniture looks great. Did you use dye to get the red color?

Kinda sort a....I used Laurel Mountain Forge stain, Cherry. I used a little bit of black dye (Rit Dye) to darken the stain. The cherry is very, very, red. I topped it off several coats of plain polyurethane (semi gloss). I spent a lot of time trying different ways (Rit Dye added to polyurethane) and such to get the look I wanted. Now I got all these Romanian and Polish, handguards, buttstocks, etc...

mysaiga.jpg

Choate Dragunov stock and forearm, Dinzag muzzle brake and lower handguard retainer, MSA AR-15 mag conversion, G2 FCG, POSP 4X24 scope, Harris bipod

Edited by pogy
  • Like 1

Here's my 223...thanks to Dinzag Arms, and DPH...great products awesome people. Sorry the pic is crappy cell phone cam.

Have the FCG replacement and moved to proper area (huge improvement)saw pistol grip, dinzag bg and trigger guard assembly, Tapco t6 stock (ok so far) and DPH Muzzle clip and Flash Hider.

Edited by DJ Big Dog

Here's my 223...thanks to Dinzag Arms, and DPH...great products awesome people. Sorry the pic is crappy cell phone cam.

Have the FCG replacement and moved to proper area (huge improvement)saw pistol grip, dinzag bg and trigger guard assembly, Tapco t6 stock (ok so far) and DPH Muzzle clip and Flash Hider.

All the guts for mine are in route. I also went with DINZAG and DPH for the parts.

Mine is going to have the Galil handguard, standard AK Stock,Also went with the same flash/muzzle/bad ass looking thingy for the front end I can't wait to get to work on it.....another Black Rifle :super:

Edited by son of rooster

Just wanted to add an update: Got a Vortex flash hider (for an AR)... threaded to AR specs (read: can use any AR accesory, especially cans)... Still waiting for Duracoat.

post-20073-12683535381072_thumb.jpg

Edited by bohound

Here is my Saiga, first thing I put on her was a UTG quick detachable scope mount with two rails, then this past week "with the aide of a school rebate check" I bought the Saiga skeleton stock and the UTG Quad rail/handguard. The only additions left to obtain are a foldable bipod and foregrip, Im pushing the term sporter rifle to the limits, but hey, there are some nasty varmints out there ;)

your setup looks good! but i'd strongly encourage you to do the conversion...i am very mechanically disinclined and i did it in 3 hours with a buddy who had a shop available...pm me for pictures!

Mine is supposed to be on its way to the FFL. Can't wait. I think I'll call her Black Betty. Not too original I know, but that's ok. She's got dimples. :wub:

S-223copy.jpg

SPECS:

Saiga .223

Bulgarian FSB

Bulgarian Gas Block

Bulgarian 74 Muzzle Brake

Bulgarian Gas Tube

Bulgarian PG screw & nut

Bulgarian 1000m Leaf Site

Bulgarian TG

HG Retainer

Tapco G2 FCG

Bullet Guide installed

I originally wanted a Bulgy 223, but thought if they made a Russian setup in a similar fashion, that would be nice. Kinda like a 223 AK-74.

Possible changes I might make:

Galil or SAW PG

Ultimak and Aimpoint H1 or T1 (if I can afford it)

MAYBE a side folding stock. I like the Bulgy style, but will probably go with US made for 922.

Eventually, I MIGHT look into an AR mag adapter.

• Like 2

Here is my completed Saiga. I liked how it turned out.

Your furniture looks great. Did you use dye to get the red color?

Kinda sort a....I used Laurel Mountain Forge stain, Cherry. I used a little bit of black dye (Rit Dye) to darken the stain. The cherry is very, very, red. I topped it off several coats of plain polyurethane (semi gloss). I spent a lot of time trying different ways (Rit Dye added to polyurethane) and such to get the look I wanted. Now I got all these Romanian and Polish, handguards, buttstocks, etc...

The red wood really looks nice.

Would you want to part with one of the buttstocks?

Just got a new Saiga 223 with the 20.5 inch barrel. So far I have added the Tapco intrafuse stock and pistol grip, also a Tapco Foregrip, the UTG Quad rail foreguard, a UTG quick detach scope mount, and a Barska Contour 3-9x40 scope. I also bought a Surefire 30 round mag as you can see. I guess I should have done better due diligence on the whole conversion thing and moving the FCG up but I had already bought and installed the Tapco set so oh well maybe in the future bu I think it looks great and I took it out to the range last week and it shot real nice. Now I just need to get the scope sighted in.

Saiga 223.bmp

Here's mine.

- Romanian push-button folder

- Tapco G2 trigger

- Tapco pistol grip

- Aimpoint Micro on Ultimak

- Tapco Galil handguard, modified to make room for the Ultimak. I had to grind out some shallow channels with a dremel so that the Ultimak doesn't come in contact with the interior walls of the Galil handguard. I also had to make minor mods to the handguard retainer.

PICT4233.jpg?t=1271213303

PICT4238.jpg?t=1271214482

PICT4242.jpg?t=1271214525

I'm real pleased with this setup. It lets me use the Aimpoint on the Ultimak without burning my fingers on the gas tube rail, something I had problems with before when I had the K-Var handguard.

My stock Saiga .223. 20 inch barrel, polished FCG, otherwise stock. Plans are to semi-convert with a new FCG and PG. It shoots flawlessly, accurate, with absolute reliability with the loads I've used so far (Remington 55gr, Wolf, and BB 62 gr.)

223Saiga20jpg.jpg

Edited by dussandr

Hello Friends,

Here's one of my recent winter projects...a converted Saiga .223 rifle.

Enjoy!

Specs:

* Saiga rifle, imported by Russian American Armory

* 5.56/.223 Rem.

* 415 mm (16.3") barrel

* Bolt carrier hand polished with Dremel tool and Cratex polishing cones/wheels

* Tapco Intrafuse hand guard, modified to accept sling stud for bi-pod mounting, and rail covers installed

* ACE external receiver block w/ AR-15 buffer tube adapter

* VLTOR Collapsible stock w/ buttpad

* Hogue AK-47 (USA-made) pistol grip

* Standard AK-47 front front sight

* Krebs Custom rear peep sight

* Tapco G2 single hook FCG, ALL contact surfaces polished, and hammer modified to retain the bolt hold open function.

* Bolt hold open shortened approx. 1/4" (i.e. it's almost flush with the receiver when it's in use, and it's out of the way when not in use)

* Tapco "stubby" forward grip

* Surefire 20-round magazine

* Dura-Coat "H&K Black" paint

Saiga .223 rifle:

TEMP_Saiga_.223_1.JPG

TEMP_Saiga_.223_2.JPG

Edited by alaj70