A Cop Who Gets It, Yet Has Record # of Complaints

He doesn't need to be out on the street....he needs to be developing training programs to teach others what he knows. 

The thing he knows that so few do is that respect doesn't come from intimidation.  Many wouldn't get it but many would and that's a step in the right direction.

• Like 6

I'll bet he's not very popular with his fellow traffic cops. It makes it hard for them to make excuses for themselves for being a jerk when they have someone out there proving every day that you don't have to be that way.

• Like 3

With more cops like him, they wouldn't need to order tanks.

He's more "old-school". I think the new cops see themselves more as StormTroopers.

Last ticket I got, I said, "Hey, I know you!", he said, "Well, I don't know you." Very sterile conversation on his part.

Just be nice and issue the ticket.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

Definitely one of those LEOs that brings back at least some hope to the force... Big props for this man not having a power-trip rage and "I am better than you, obey my commands" attitude which almost seems standard these days.

Edited by HappYBallZ

Then we have this guy.  While I don't believe in the current pussification of our kids, I think this would have been acceptable (at least for me and my kids) had this harsh conversation been taken outside the bus with whomever he was speaking directly to.  I don't agree with him doing it in front of all.

Then we have this guy.  While I don't believe in the current pussification of our kids, I think this would have been acceptable (at least for me and my kids) had this harsh conversation been taken outside the bus with whomever he was speaking directly to.  I don't agree with him doing it in front of all.

I wonder how these officers would have felt if their superior officer had said "Alright you two fuckups, you broke the fucking rules now get your fucking asses out of here, you're suspended for two fucking days!". They probably would have ran to their union with a complaint of not being treated with respect. They were wrong and they sent exactly the wrong message to the kids.

Edited by DogMan

I wonder how these officers would have felt if their superior officer had said "Alright you two fuckups, you broke the fucking rules now get your fucking asses out of here, you're suspended for two fucking days!". They probably would have ran to their union with a complaint of not being treated with respect. They were wrong and they sent exactly the wrong message to the kids.

I think tough talk has it's place.  Especially with teenage boys.  I'd have no problem if my boys were not giving him respect and he took em outta the bus and and threw a few f bombs at em to show that he's not fucking around and not going to be disrespected.  But again, in front of the whole bus...  Not cool.

I think tough talk has it's place.  Especially with teenage boys.  I'd have no problem if my boys were not giving him respect and he took em outta the bus and and threw a few f bombs at em to show that he's not fucking around and not going to be disrespected.  But again, in front of the whole bus...  Not cool.

You may be OK with it, and that's your choice, but most parents would not like it and these cops obviously didn't care what any of the parents approved of. That's the problem and that's why they are being punished. They broke their code of conduct and that can't be allowed to happen or maybe next time they make up their own rules about something else that's more serious, which happens quite often.

While the cop's language is unacceptable the motherfucklets on the bus were giving the poor driver a hard time which endangers them and others outside the bus.  I drive a school bus and have needed police assistance to maintain order myself. I wasn't even able to use the radio to call for help because of the noise they were making and I flagged down a police officer to help me.  It took him ten minutes to restore order and he had to blow his whistle to get their attention.  Driving a school bus can be a pain when you have inner city lawless children whose parents aren't any better doing everything to distract you and make your life miserable.  I appreciate what the officer did to help the driver and the vest tells me which company she works for and they don't care about the drivers and will not back them up.  I hope they don't fire her for this and if they do, I hope she finds a better job.