Plastic Buffer tube good enough?

I have a CAA plastic buffer tube on an ak rifle, it's less than half the price of aluminum and I like the angle compared to the vltor. It works great.

Has anyone had good luck with them combined with a slide fire?

I've been sifting through old threads full of broken links and found good info about each tube but, I am wondering if I can cheap out here or if a slide fire+ 12ga will just destroy the plastic one? 

I am in the process of ordering parts for conversion. Don't hate me for wanting a slide fire shotgun. wink.png

hmm, I thought slide fire for the AK did not use a buffer tube?

Yeah, at least the slide fires I've seen do. The bumpski doesn't.

The polymer buffer tubes from CAA work great for the rifles.

That's what I thought too, but I'm trying to figure out if it will work after getting pounded on the shotgun. Plus the friction of plastic on plastic might be different.

Thats

so, IF you are planning on getting a slidefire stock.... I would TOTALLY convert either first or in the process, shoot, all thats left after the slidefire, is a FCG and trigger guard? 

I HAVE NOT CONVERTED, so I dont know this for fact.  

the slidefire is a complete AK stock, maybe someone else will chime in?   DONT FORGET 922r laws, your stock, a FCG, and pick up an aftermarket piston, and maybe set aside your russian magazine and only run US magazines!!! (might be overkill, but better then under)

making me think now, lol