• 4 weeks later...

The Law Tactical AR-15 Folding Stock Adapter was a perfect match to the Firebird precision Parts on my old 1919

Just buy a firebird upper receiver and don't worry about the rest

20130526_103002_zpsaec9c62d.jpg

20130526_103302_zps42055ef4.jpg

20130526_102841_zpse46079eb.jpg

Edited by duggr

no replies for a month and then 2 in one day…damnlaugh.png

I already had a Tromix folding adapter and an Ace side folder so I went with that.

thanks guys.

Started looking at the BR99 for myself and was looking at folding stock options, then came to this forum (which I have not visited before) and saw your question.

The MKA 1919 didn't interest me but the BR99 with the full length rail caught my attention.

The real issue is that the BR99 is not as stock mod friendly.  There was a topic that discussed the BR99 on here and it was mentioned that the way it was made means putting other stocks on it is not as easy.  That's the biggest downfall I see.  It is also why I chose the MKA and I can say I don't regret it.

Like others have said you do need to be 922r compliant but seeing as that there are many US made parts out there and hopefully more in the future, you shouldn't have any issues with it.

I've heard rumor that the BR99 won't be around much longer. Tale goes that it was literally built from stolen 1919 plans and the owners aren't happy. Besides, I don't think any of the aftermarket vendors are building parts for the BR99 anyway.

Where did you get this rumour, any details/sites they are starting to sell in UK in limited numbers, mags are a problem though, wonder why ?

• 2 weeks later...

BUSHMASTER ACR FOLDING STOCK

This was a project I made for a friend of mine. It is billet lower for a Akdal mka 1919 shotgun imported from Turkey. Originally it had a plastic lower that had the grip and stock molded as 1 piece. It uses the stock hammer,trigger, bolt catch and mag release. I just adapted a AR safety and grip to fit. I have made a couple of adapters 1 for a AR and 1 for a ACR like in the pictures. The ACR was the only folding stock that seemed like it would lock up solid and take the abuse of a 12 gauge shotgun. As for the folding stock it's turned into quite a novelty as it is not fun shooting slugs folded more than a couple times. I got quite a bit of info from the ACR forum about this stock.  (pics linked from this post http://www.acrforum.com/forum/acr-technical-discussion/3577-gauging-serious-interest-cnc-alloy-lower-52.html  )

post-48081-0-38541100-1390337107_thumb.jpg

post-48081-0-77649100-1390337125_thumb.jpg

Edited by markf@tth.com
  • Like 1

Looks good. On the stock adapter.........is the receiver with no adapter ready to attach a Ace style stock/folder, etc......and you need the adapter to use an AR style stock? 

Looks good. Thank you for doing new things!

Keep the price down please, so I can afford onebig_smile.gif