ATF/DOJ Call for Comments for NFA Trust/Other Legal Entity

I haven't been around for awhile, figured some may want to chime in on this.

The ATF/DOJ is doing a call for comments for this topic, I know this personally pertains to many of us, there are currently over 4000 comments from pro- and anti- folks.

Machine Guns, Destructive Devices and Certain Other Firearms: Background Checks for Responsible Persons of a Corporation, Trust or Other Legal Entity with Respect to Making or Transferring a Firearm

The Department of Justice is planning to finalize a proposed rule to amend the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) regarding the making or transferring of a firearm under the National Firearms Act. As proposed, the rule would (1) add a definition for the term "responsible person"; (2) require each responsible person of a corporation, trust or legal entity to complete a specified form, and to submit photographs and fingerprints; and (3) modify the requirements regarding the certificate of the chief law enforcement officer (CLEO).

If inappropriate for this section, I apologize in advance.

I commented.

There are over 7,000 comments awaiting approval.. Only some 4,000 currently approved and viewable.

NONE of the comments support the changes. Almost half of them are basically saying that the ATF should be disbanded and that the NFA is unconstitutional.

Regardless, the ATF is going to do what they want any way.

• Like 1

I commented.

There are over 7,000 comments awaiting approval.. Only some 4,000 currently approved and viewable.

NONE of the comments support the changes. Almost half of them are basically saying that the ATF should be disbanded and that the NFA is unconstitutional.

Regardless, the ATF is going to do what they want any way.

What do you think, 9-10 months before they get approved?  .....bahdumtish!

• Like 1